Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to protect the back of your bracelet from scratches

Dear guru's

Both my watch has also scratches on the back at spot of the clasp. How do i prevent this problem...is deep markings on area the back clasp sits in.

116234 (new clasp) and sub w/ date

thanks
    salvato

Current
    116610 V Sub

Wish List
    Daytona 116519 WG meteorite
    GMT iic full gold jade dial
    AP Bumble bee

paste screen protector

Comment

Just let it be, very hard to prevent "paste screen protector" looks funny...haha. Wear it for a few more years then send in for polishing....

Comment

invisible shield also can. but you will take away the look of the clasp.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Just leave it be, send for polish in the future. After polish, wear it and it will appear again.
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Personally, I find there is no point protecting the clasp as the scratch marks will still appear soon after you polished it. Anyway, to prevent excessive scratches of the clasp perhaps by wearing long sleeve shirt that cover up the watch might help a bit...
            His
            - Raymond Weil Ref. 9110ST
            - TAG HEUER Ref. 669.213
            - TAG HEUER Ref. CAF1112.BA0803
            - SEIKO Ref. 7T32-7H10
            - SEIKO Ref. SARC017
            - Rolex Submariner Ref. 116613LB S/YG
            - Rolex DSSD Ref. 116660 SS

Hers
            - Raymond Weil Ref. 9991
            - Burberry Ref. 02845 BU1050
            - TAG HEUER Ref. WN131K.BA
            - Tudor Ref. 22010
            - Rolex DJ 31mm Ref. 178343 S/YG (green dial)

Comment

It's inevitable... In fact, the 1st scratch is always the most painful. But once it's scratched... the rest will come easier. Anyway, the scratches represent how much you have been using the watch. It's a good evidence of how you have cherished it. Let it be...

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                It's inevitable... In fact, the 1st scratch is always the most painful. But once it's scratched... the rest will come easier. Anyway, the scratches represent how much you have been using the watch. It's a good evidence of how you have cherished it. Let it be...
                May I be allowed to rebut your sentence, "Anyway, the scratches represent how much you have been using the watch. It's a good evidence of how you have cherished it.".

The amount of scratches on a watch will actually show how much you DID NOT cherish it. Sounds more logical, friend?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

That's a good one. Anyway I didn't mean the more scratches on the watch, the more it's not cherished. I meant the more the watch is being used, the more scratches it may have. Everything has 2 different sides of perception. It all depends how one perceived. Anyway, Thanks for your comments too.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  May I be allowed to rebut your sentence, "Anyway, the scratches represent how much you have been using the watch. It's a good evidence of how you have cherished it.".

The amount of scratches on a watch will actually show how much you DID NOT cherish it. Sounds more logical, friend?

Comment

thanks for all bro's for the advice...but is not just front scratch but the back of the clasp that in contact with the bracelet...that's the thing i dont understand how come there the marks can be so visible...
                    salvato

Current
                    116610 V Sub

Wish List
                    Daytona 116519 WG meteorite
                    GMT iic full gold jade dial
                    AP Bumble bee

Comment

These scratches are inevitable, as long as you use the watch. It's just like using a car, right? How do you ensure that your car will not get scratched at all
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Try resting your watch at the crown (3 o'clock) position. Let the bracelet support the watch. This way, case back and clasp also dun get to touch each other, let alone scratch. Crown scratched or dinged not so bad...... afterall a service with RSC still requires the crown to be replaced. I don't like to rest my watches on its 9 o'clock side or let it sit dial up because caseback tio, the 9 o'clock smooth side also can ding/scratch if the surface is rough.

All thru my years that's how I do it. Learnt from my pops cos i always scratch his watches when i was little. My two cents worth? Maybe my pops.........

Comment

Stop wearing watch is one other solution.

Originally posted by salvato View Post
                          Dear guru's

Both my watch has also scratches on the back at spot of the clasp. How do i prevent this problem...is deep markings on area the back clasp sits in.

116234 (new clasp) and sub w/ date

thanks

Comment

If youre talking about the inside of the bracelet where the folded part presses against the links, sure it will press against the inside part of the links, thats how the design is.

As long as not visible, think its ok la, or do like me, stick some tape on the inside part, cannot be seen.
                            Honesty.....

Comment

jus dont scratch lor

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X