Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RSC verification services not available.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heng Tin Hong View Post
    Thanks.

Hope I have not offend you.

Is just my experience when I sell my Rolex to dealer.

Heng.
    Not at all. Thanks for sharing.

But for $107, Rolex Centre could have issued a cert or something. I will take that over a green pouch anytime!

Comment

Yes,i have the same view as you.

Last time is $75,and only stated Service Charge from Rolex

I think if they state Original Rolex,later problem might arise?

Or they could state (This watch is original at that time when is verify?)

Comment

I think only got service receipt only...no cert of any sort will be issued out over at the counter of RSC...based on my personal encounters...

Green pouch and cleaning cloth have...
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Any proof of authentification is of not much use when one try to resell the watch. Why do I say that? Because as it is, many buyers want the watch to be authenticated even if it comes with the original papers/cert, especially for rolex and other very expensive watches. The authentification is simply to give the buyer peace of mind that he is indeed getting the real stuff.
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Bingo!!!Perfect statement!
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
              Just curious. What does JW verified? or for the matter RSC? Do they check is the bezel, crown, glass, case, dial, braclet, cup link are all orginal or used high quality aftermarket parts? Do RSC reference a database to check what is the spec for the particular model/serial no? May be this explain why JW takes 15 mins and RSC takes half an hour?
              There was a lengthy discussion about this not too long ago in the forum. Search for the nicks "taxico" and "triton" ..
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                Any proof of authentification is of not much use when one try to resell the watch. Why do I say that? Because as it is, many buyers want the watch to be authenticated even if it comes with the original papers/cert, especially for rolex and other very expensive watches. The authentification is simply to give the buyer peace of mind that he is indeed getting the real stuff.
                Not really true. A cert of some kind is useful... even if it is not meant for future resale.

Say I buy a watch from a shop where boss guarantee 100% authentic... then I go for authentication. Rolex guy tell me got problem. So I go back to the shop. The boss ask.. who say? Proof?? And if this watch is bought from HK for example and I go to HK regularly... the HK shop boss will say... receipt?? What does that prove??

To me, if it is called authentication, I would appreciate a cert... indicating that exterior and interior all original, and no replacements. I am not going to use this for resale.... but issuing a service receipt really tells me nothing and provides me with nothing to talk to the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  There was a lengthy discussion about this not too long ago in the forum. Search for the nicks "taxico" and "triton" ..
                  Here's one :

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=49768&page=1
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks. Other than Rolex Centre and JW... can any one recommend other reliable shops that do authentication? I just got my watch today but JW not open and RC does not do authentication this week, apparently.

Many thanks.

Comment

Try Top Hour at Lucky Plaza? They should open after 2pm.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        Try Top Hour at Lucky Plaza? They should open after 2pm.

Top Hour do authentication? Thought they are just a popular pre-owned watch shop. Any idea what are their charges?

Comment

I am not too sure but I heard Mr Lim is an ex-ROLEX technician. You may want to call first to enquire before going down. Or wait for those who know him to chip in here.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Just went to Watch Arena. Amazingly... they helped to check and authenticate my watch FOC!!

They even helped me to adjust the bracelet to my wrist size.

Very nice of them and they refuse payment of any kind!!

Will definitely recommend business to them!

Comment

Well, you already did
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan289 View Post
                                Top Hour do authentication? Thought they are just a popular pre-owned watch shop. Any idea what are their charges?
                                I went down to Top Hour to do an authentication, just now. Didn't want to bother with the crappy attitude at RSC. It's 30 bucks a pop. He will do the authentication in front of you, e.g. open up the watch, bracelet, check for all the ref & s/n in the usual places, etc. Entire process was less than 15 mins.

His wife (I'm assuming...) will be over your shoulders making small talk, "where did you buy this from? how much?" She will also comment if it's a good deal or not. No... she is not annoying.

In his name card, he reference himself as an Ex-Rolex Technician. He also mentioned that he has worked there (RSC) for over 20 years.

Anyway, unless there is some "special" checks that only can be performed at RSC I don't see why Top Hour or any other independent shops with competent/experienced technicians, shouldn't be patronised for authentication.

Only thing I'm not sure of (I hope some Rolex Liao Ciaos can enlighten me) is whether a data base of stolen watches (serial numbers) is used to cross-check one's watch when sent for authentication. I guess this is the only short fall of small independent service centres.

BTW, Top Hour has no NETS machine. Credit card payment is available. But cash is best!
                                My Collection
                                Sea Dweller (V Series)
                                Sub LV (M Series)
                                GMT II Pepsi (D Series)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X