Pros/Cons of PI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
    AAA fake comes with box, paper and everything, they just look real.... that's why people got cheated for trusting the crook.

If you got cheated before or has learnt the lesson through your friends losses, then you will find that $75 is not a waste.

For a small fee of $75 to prove a few thousand of dollars worth of goods, than spending additional hundreds or thousand more to AD's bank account, which is more money wise? Again is individual....
    Well...I never believe AAA fakes can bluff the experts and old birds...

For the average consumer whose knowledge isn't there yet...yes they may be able to bluff them.

To answer OK's question...as for PI...there's only PROs and no CONs as far as I know.

PROs are that it's cheaper than that of the AD,trusted dealers.

Absolute confidence in them...if u are not then...pay more and get at AD...it's your choice.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      You make people blur lor! PI means people like Yeo Kim Choy...
      Ok, then how do u term pple like dexter, horologyfanatic, singaporerolexcentre, benjiyugui, etc-etc. Those who often sell BNIB ROLEXs and/or other brands. Just take it tat wat I'm referring to r all, except te ADs can?

Thank u.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        Do we still need to "waste" that $75 if the watch comes with plastic protector, paper & box from PI???
        no matter what accessories the watch comes with, bring it to rsc for verification.

if i am to travel to mainland in the near future, i'll try to bring back one of the AAA replica and post the pics for all to view. in any instance, I was informed that the SD and the subbie are the easiest models to duplicate.
        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
        What's NEXT?

Comment

You got to trust someone when buying Rolex from any one other than ADs, so who else can you trust? the seller? or yourself? unless you are an expert, if not, my advice is still SRC loh, so simple....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
          SS SD,
          SS YM,
          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Ok, then how do u term pple like dexter, horologyfanatic, singaporerolexcentre, benjiyugui, etc-etc. Those who often sell BNIB ROLEXs and/or other brands. Just take it tat wat I'm referring to r all, except te ADs can?

Thank u.
            I suppose they can be termed as "PI" too. It is likely they have contacts in countries like HK, Japan and USA to help them procure watches for sale here at a little profit. And I would say nothing wrong with that too. If I had better contacts, I would do the same too!
            Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
              no matter what accessories the watch comes with, bring it to rsc for verification.

if i am to travel to mainland in the near future, i'll try to bring back one of the AAA replica and post the pics for all to view. in any instance, I was informed that the SD and the subbie are the easiest models to duplicate.
              If you do...please bring back 1 ...i hav a jap daytona....i would say it can fool the average consumer...but not good enough for me.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Thank u.
              They are dealers....different..because they deal in preowned also. There's a fine line between dealers and PI. PI buys from overseas in BULK...all brand new sets. Dealers get 1 or 2 from overseas that's all..

Comment

Originally posted by surestik View Post
                Guess it's a case of being safe than sorry. Pay maybe a few hundred bucks more to the AD and be assured that their purchase is safe and sound, without having wild thoughts about whether the PI's watch is fake or not while they sleep.
                mind you...the difference can be $1K or more not few hundreds (usually the case)...then how?

personally, i dun mind PIs...some of the pre-owned dealers who're selling Pams and other brands.....when they say brand new....it means PIs...do u see them flying off the shelves...YES!!!

As consumers, you need to check what kind of warranty the watch comes with. If you're concerned about the quality or to have a peace of mind, just bring the watch to the respective SCs to do a quick check...what's few$$ cab fare compared to a savings of $1K??? As long as the warranty is international, it doesn't matter if you buy it from AD or PIs...they'll still honour it. Besides, respectable PI sellers won't want to spoil their reputation just to earn few thousands only....they want long term biz...

another perspective...if some of you buy watces online....isn't it the same?

cheers

james
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

if there was a PI here in Perth, my local AD would crap their pants ..... because the price will be so damn "attractive"

for me PI is as good as AD. Just my A$0.02
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

BTW, do RSC encourage or not so welcome these PI Rolex?

I heard that all rolex in local ADs are supplied by RSC, really?

Comment

Nope, SRC don't welcome PI. it is quite obvious that they will lost some business as ADs may not able to sell as many watches if PI's Rolex is flooding the market.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

1) people who buy @ AD may not be aware of these PI watches.

2) if buy PI watches, just head down to RSC for verification. i always believe in that no matter how reputable the PI dealer. this is for a peace of mind

3) prices @ AD is always higher because they have a brick and motar shop, PI dealers may not have a shop so prices can be lower. so even you spend X dollars, the price will not be lower than that of PI.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Agreed with PI offer lower price usually and the must to verify at SRC. Bottom line is we must do our home work to check prices before any purchase from any one.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Ok so for my next purchase of a ROLEX sports model (haven't decide which exactly), I should "sniff around" for a PI set.

Thanks to all.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Of course not.

Yes all Rolexes are supplied by Rolex or RSC whichever is the same. 1 supplier,1 manufacturer.

How the PIs get the watches? Coz the ADs sell to the PIs...like those overstocks and stuff...it's called the grey market

Comment

Looking for a WG Daytona, wonder what is PI selling price?

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                                SS SD,
                                SS YM,
                                SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...