What's next after DJ and SD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next after DJ and SD?

Hope to get some comments/guidance/ reasons/ strong points to these very specific questions:

i hv the funny urge of getting one more Rolex eversince i purchased the DJ and the SD, bearing in mind that the DJ and SD is barely within a mth of purchase .. and hence wanted to study into and save up for another Rolex... target ard 6mths-9mths of savings. my Vitamin M is limited too...So dont want to spend it all at one go...

Wanted to see you guys' comments prior to getting one more.. reasons why the next model should be this and that or should i stop here.. and just enjoy it.. this is damn addictive eventhough we are looking at thousands of dollars of purchasing at one go.....

One more question, the bugs at times goes to watches like IWC and Ball and etc type of watches.. i'm in deep trouble.... how?

u guys gone thru this processes right? i don't want in the end, selling all my watches in future... i need focus.. so need advices for the above. tks.
    Last edited by SeaRolex; 03-08-08, 12:41 PM.
    There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

u need a GMT IIc or u need to join a Rolex AA to detox.
    (Big Watch Siao)
    BALL
    Rolex
    Panerai
    Omega
    Cartier
    Panerai
    IWC

Comment

The addiction comes from reading forums...

Just when u think that this one watch is satisfying, someone will post pics of their new acquisition.

There will be no end, the more comments you get, the more watches u will buy.

Comment

Wat coincidence ! Such symptoms r similar to mine n fortunately/unfortunately, I'm nt as rich as u r . I'd hv to save up years, just to buy a ROLEX .

My advice is: Never be haste to buy. I always use this word "evolution". Why? Today, u may want this model, the next day, another. Then finally, u realise u didn't actually want any of those 2 u'd earlier acquired and instead, u wanted a third.

In fact, I'm actually facing this dilemma right nw. I did regret nt buying wat I'd wanted but I'd nt regretted buying wat I hv nw. Te only prob is Vitamin 'M'. So I'm on the fence to revamp my current collection to get one gd pc. Or hold on to them dearly n save up (many years) to get tat gd pc . Again, te other consideration is te ever increasing prices of these watches .

One gd way I feel is to attend our meet-ups whenever u can. It's when u talk it out tat releases u (well, or kills u ). At least it gives u info thru' sharing.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Wat coincidence ! Such symptoms r similar to mine n fortunately/unfortunately, I'm nt as rich as u r . I'd hv to save up years, just to buy a ROLEX .

My advice is: Never be haste to buy. I always use this word "evolution". Why? Today, u may want this model, the next day, another. Then finally, u realise u didn't actually want any of those 2 u'd earlier acquired and instead, u wanted a third.

In fact, I'm actually facing this dilemma right nw. I did regret nt buying wat I'd wanted but I'd nt regretted buying wat I hv nw. Te only prob is Vitamin 'M'. So I'm on the fence to revamp my current collection to get one gd pc. Or hold on to them dearly n save up (many years) to get tat gd pc . Again, te other consideration is te ever increasing prices of these watches .

One gd way I feel is to attend our meet-ups whenever u can. It's when u talk it out tat releases u (well, or kills u ). At least it gives u info thru' sharing.

Actually this 'evolution' dinggy hit me just immediately after the 1st watch,... what i actually wanted is the SD, hence now i'm very happy to own this watch and had decided to wear it daily to make myself smile and happy everyday. Life is joy and we should apprieciate every minutes!!

Comment

i have been ask similar questions before. so i will share with you what i have told the others.

before you embark on the next watch, ask yourself what your watch collection must have.

some are brand person, aka buy rolex and nothing else.
            some are movements people, they buy because they like the movements, brands may come into consideration.

some are complication person, meaning they will buy the different types of complication. brands may come into consideration

some are asthetics person aka so long as they like the looks, they will buy.

some look @ function of watches, like chronograph, GMT, power reserve....

sit down and think what your ideal watch collection will have. also you need to set a budget each time you want to buy a watch. buy a watch within budget. i feel that once you set the budget, the choice will be clearer. this is because say @ 5k, you can only look @ this selection of watches. @ 10k, you can look @ bigger selection of watches.

usually, if you get a GMT, chronograph, PR function type of watches, seldom can go wrong. another consideration is the brand of watches if you are those people who flip watches, so stick with certain brands where there is resale value that does not depreciate so much, so brands like rolex, panerai, IWC, can be considered. again for the 3 brands mentioned, only selected models have good resale value. so choose wisely.

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post

and hence wanted to study into and save up for another Rolex... target ard 6mths-9mths of savings. my Vitamin M is limited too...So dont want to spend it all at one go...

Wanted to see you guys' comments prior to getting one more.. reasons why the next model should be this and that or should i stop here.. and just enjoy it.. this is damn addictive eventhough we are looking at thousands of dollars of purchasing at one go.....

One more question, the bugs at times goes to watches like IWC and Ball and etc type of watches.. i'm in deep trouble.... how?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

in rolex forum, u ask what is next after DJ and SD, i will say go for sub date.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                Bro triton, there u go again...poison-poison-poison
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i have been ask similar questions before. so i will share with you what i have told the others.

before you embark on the next watch, ask yourself what your watch collection must have.

some are brand person, aka buy rolex and nothing else.
                  some are movements people, they buy because they like the movements, brands may come into consideration.

some are complication person, meaning they will buy the different types of complication. brands may come into consideration

some are asthetics person aka so long as they like the looks, they will buy.

some look @ function of watches, like chronograph, GMT, power reserve....

sit down and think what your ideal watch collection will have. also you need to set a budget each time you want to buy a watch. buy a watch within budget. i feel that once you set the budget, the choice will be clearer. this is because say @ 5k, you can only look @ this selection of watches. @ 10k, you can look @ bigger selection of watches.

usually, if you get a GMT, chronograph, PR function type of watches, seldom can go wrong. another consideration is the brand of watches if you are those people who flip watches, so stick with certain brands where there is resale value that does not depreciate so much, so brands like rolex, panerai, IWC, can be considered. again for the 3 brands mentioned, only selected models have good resale value. so choose wisely.
                  Very well informed advice. tks. btw, what is your own strategy of collection of watch? can share?

Comment

Why sub date? can share your thoughts?tks.

Comment

Actually i like watches that had high resale value, good power reserve, relative good movement, reason being even after wearing for a few years, say 5-6 years, the price of the watch will go up and you will be very happy and assured that u hv made the right choice back then.. but i'm not sure which are those watch brands that will command such characteristics. And are they expensive at this point of time? Let assume the budget range start from 6K to $8K, to start with.

Which watch matches the above criteria?
                      Last edited by SeaRolex; 03-08-08, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Actually i like watches that had high resale value, good power reserve, relative good movement, reason being even after wearing for a few years, say 5-6 years, the price of the watch will go up and you will be very happy and assured that u hv made the right choice then.. but i'm not sure which are those watch brand that will command such characteristic. And they expensive at this point of time? say budget abt 6K to $8K to start with.

which watch matches the above criteria?
                        Let me see...

ROLEX (www.rolex.com/en)
                        Panerai (http://www.panerai.com/s_page.xpd?id...2&id_sezione=1)
                        IWC (https://www.iwc.com/index.asp)
                        Zenith (http://www.zenith-watches.com/index2.html)

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Reading one by one now.. Thnks Bro.. Will post questions once i'm done..hahahaha

Comment

how abt recommending a watch model that met the criterias above.

Comment

With $6k to $8k, you can get a Rolex Sub w Date, Rolex Sub LV, Rolex ExpII and Rolex Datejust....

Actually i like watches that had high resale value, good power reserve, relative good movement, reason being even after wearing for a few years, say 5-6 years, the price of the watch will go up and you will be very happy and assured that u hv made the right choice back then.. but i'm not sure which are those watch brands that will command such characteristics. And are they expensive at this point of time? Let assume the budget range start from 6K to $8K, to start with.

Which watch matches the above criteria?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X