Buying for parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darkangel you must be psychic.

We got the good old baton markers while my cousin bought the roman numerals for his parents.
    swift1.0/sunny1.6/sonata2.0/156JTS/Brera3.2V6/MINI cooper S cabrio/Grand Picasso/S300L

Comment

Originally posted by wees View Post
      Pictures please!!! And well done on being "the good son".
      no, actually not good enough.

My sis and myself always thought giving them extra allowance, instead of gifts, were what they preferred. Until a recent conversation I had with my mum a few days back proved otherwise.

Straightaway we bought them the watches.

Took us too long to pamper our parents.
      swift1.0/sunny1.6/sonata2.0/156JTS/Brera3.2V6/MINI cooper S cabrio/Grand Picasso/S300L

Comment

Originally posted by yattokame View Post
        Darkangel you must be psychic.

We got the good old baton markers while my cousin bought the roman numerals for his parents.
        I wish I am....then maybe I can predict tmr's 4D first prize! Hahahaha....

Oh you bought it already?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

really sorry for the poor quality…… just took it with my iphone 3G (not even 3GS) and somehow my hands were trembling. Got quite emo.

WIll try to take better pics the next few days

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            I wish I am....then maybe I can predict tmr's 4D first prize! Hahahaha....

Oh you bought it already?
            Yes, didn't really want to wait. Paid the deposit, will probably pay the remaining on a banking day.
            The price you quoted were very close. How about a set of numbers for everyone now?

And since my birthday falls on this week, thought of giving them the watches on my birthday. That would make an ideal birthday gift for me.

Comment

can't sleep. still quite emo over the purchase.
              first rolex I bought in my life are for my parents. the perfect watch for the perfect ppl in my life.

Comment

Yes, didn't really want to wait. Paid the deposit, will probably pay the remaining on a banking day.
                The price you quoted were very close. How about a set of numbers for everyone now?

And since my birthday falls on this week, thought of giving them the watches on my birthday. That would make an ideal birthday gift for me.
                Hahaha...that sounds great man!

Since you bought it on the date 1/1/11

1111 it is!

can't sleep. still quite emo over the purchase.
                first rolex I bought in my life are for my parents. the perfect watch for the perfect ppl in my life.
                Now you are emo bro...when you see the surprise and smile on their face. Priceless. Worth every buck paid.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

got pic to show? Should be very nice. A great news to start in ROC.
                  Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                  Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
                  Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
                  Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
                  Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
                  Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
                  Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Hahaha...that sounds great man!

Since you bought it on the date 1/1/11

1111 it is!

Now you are emo bro...when you see the surprise and smile on their face. Priceless. Worth every buck paid.
                    I've only bought 4D like 4 times in my life but the first time I bought it I struck starters Maybe this time is lucky too.

Yes I can't wait to see that smile!!! )))

Comment

Originally posted by kennyleow View Post
                      got pic to show? Should be very nice. A great news to start in ROC.
                      tried to take with my iphone 3G but CMI...

Comment

Well done bro for these thoughtful gifts for your parents!
                        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Thank you very much for the kind comments. Only regret it took us so long to buy them.

Comment

Another 4D number can be the date you bought at; else you can also use the purchase price.

my mom bought her DJ at $2300 after shopping high and low, when all the AD was quoting at $2350. That night 4D numbers draw "2-3-5-0". You can imagine how bitter that was to swallow
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              Another 4D number can be the date you bought at; else you can also use the purchase price.

my mom bought her DJ at $2300 after shopping high and low, when all the AD was quoting at $2350. That night 4D numbers draw "2-3-5-0". You can imagine how bitter that was to swallow
                              woah okay man…… I will buy the numbers of the price

Comment

Hi all

Received quite a few pm's from fellow forum users, whom I am so heartened to know are looking to buy for their folks. Since everyone is asking where and how much I bought them for, I don't mind sharing it here.

KOH watches, people's park centre #02-something. AK watches belongs to them too.

About 7k for the pair, but I must say I was very very lucky to find a matching pair at a bargain. Probably the cheapest in the shop. I told them my budget and being very nice business owners they were very patient and accommodating. I also felt apologetic as I occupied quite a bit of their time and space when some other customers could have bought something of a higher premium.

We had gone to many shops with preowned rolexes but somehow just felt very comfortable striking the deal with them.

Am still looking for a good chance to give them to my parents…… maybe on my birthday this wednesday

p/s Mods feel free to edit if display of company name violates any forum rules…… thanx

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X