Buying for parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying for parents

Hi all, hope to have some suggestions from experts here. Never bought a Rolex before and have been going to several shops that sells preowned.

Not that rich to afford brand new ones; one for dad and one for mum and sharing the cost with my sister.

We lived in poverty (very) through our childhood; but they have also done their very best to provide for us.

We hope that they feel proud of themselves to have given everything in life for me and my sis, by buying them a Rolex each, since a Rolex is really a status symbol for their generation. Really would like to see the proud smiles on their faces as they "show off" the watches to their friends, and that they are gifts from their children.

As budget is limited (about 6-7k for a pair), can we have some suggestions, please? I am guessing they will like some gold on the watch as well. Diamonds wise I don't think so.

This will be the perfect present for my birthday (this week) - Rolex for my parents.

thank you very much for your kind attention.
    swift1.0/sunny1.6/sonata2.0/156JTS/Brera3.2V6/MINI cooper S cabrio/Grand Picasso/S300L

hi,

Good morning and a happy new year. I'm not here to pour cold water on you, but just wondering, are you Chinese? For Chinese belief, it is not right for kids to buy watches for their parents. Buying watches have the same meaning as sending someone away. However, if you are not a Chinese or parents are not that "patang", then it is alright.

Even recently, I gave a watch to a good friend of mine and in return, he gave me eight bucks to so-called "clean away" this sending someone away.

Anyway, this is up to individual. 6-7k can considered those pre-owned Rolex watches. I will leave to the experts in this forum to share with you.
    Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
    Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
    Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
    Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
    Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
    Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
    Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

I am chinese, and my parents don't pantang such things.

thanx for the reminder though.
      swift1.0/sunny1.6/sonata2.0/156JTS/Brera3.2V6/MINI cooper S cabrio/Grand Picasso/S300L

Comment

7k should be enough to buy a pair of preowned TT DJ, but don't expect to get those produced in the last few years at this budget. Around 10 year-old or older maybe.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

what about manual winding type? A lot of the older generations like the manual winding type. Can consider either a precision or airking?
          Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
          Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
          Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
          Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
          Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
          Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
          Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
            7k should be enough to buy a pair of preowned TT DJ, but don't expect to get those produced in the last few years at this budget. Around 10 year-old or older maybe.
            noted. thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyleow View Post
              what about manual winding type? A lot of the older generations like the manual winding type. Can consider either a precision or airking?
              ok thanx will check those models out as well

Comment

Thanx all, for the advice

Just bought a pair of matching half gold datejust for them.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyleow View Post
                  hi,

Good morning and a happy new year. I'm not here to pour cold water on you, but just wondering, are you Chinese? For Chinese belief, it is not right for kids to buy watches for their parents. Buying watches have the same meaning as sending someone away. However, if you are not a Chinese or parents are not that "patang", then it is alright.

Even recently, I gave a watch to a good friend of mine and in return, he gave me eight bucks to so-called "clean away" this sending someone away.

Anyway, this is up to individual. 6-7k can considered those pre-owned Rolex watches. I will leave to the experts in this forum to share with you.
                  Definitely not watch, it is "clock" you cannot buy for them...

Comment

Must be a very nice pair of jubilee.... congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
                      Must be a very nice pair of jubilee.... congrats!
                      thanx…… buying a pair of rolex for them really meant a lot to my sister and myself…… Can't wait to surprise them with the watches

Comment

Originally posted by yattokame View Post
                        Thanx all, for the advice

Just bought a pair of matching half gold datejust for them.
                        Pictures please!!! And well done on being "the good son".

Comment

That's heartening to know

Good if you can share the happiness with all of us here by posting some pics

Tx
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
                            Definitely not watch, it is "clock" you cannot buy for them...
                            Well it depends...some see it as the same....to each his own.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Aiyoh...all of you dunno how to poison (point) him to the correct direction!

Here we go!

Mummy's watch

Daddy's watch

Don't see how you can go wrong with this pair. Elegant white roman numeral dial for both. And best part? Within budget

Men's is probably 3.5-3.7k, Ladies probably 3-3.2k

All depends on condition and several other factors. My price is to be used as a guide that's all!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X