Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Rolex collectors here are also Panerai fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
    Hahaha... I am a man of contradictions! But seriously speaking though... My definition of a "fan" is someone who would collect all the significant models of the brand (finances permitting) and know (or make the effort) the in's and out's of the various models/series. For me, I admire Panerais and would like to own some of their iconic pieces. But I still will not classify myself as a "fan" since I don't love the brand to the extent where I will be bothered to become an encyclopaedia...
    You are being humble...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
    SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
    SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
    SS SD,
    SS YM,
    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Yes, but of course but budget is sure a constraint wat... I'm definitely nt te PP/AP/Hublot/VC/GO league cos' their prices r way, way above. I'm happy settling dwn wif brands like ROLEX/IWC/TAGHeuer/BALL/PANERAI/SINN/ORIS/HAMILTON/OMEGA............. SEE?! I'm chanting again
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hehehehe....budget can always be extended de...lol....just have to cut down on the'vices'....
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Yes, but of course but budget is sure a constraint wat... I'm definitely nt te PP/AP/Hublot/VC/GO league cos' their prices r way, way above. I'm happy settling dwn wif brands like ROLEX/IWC/TAGHeuer/BALL/PANERAI/SINN/ORIS/HAMILTON/OMEGA............. SEE?! I'm chanting again
          To risk digressing further, I was also in similar shoes with low to no budget to work with when I started this hobby about 8 years ago... I can certainly understand the feeling when you see something you like at a good price but simply "boh looi"... But patience lah... It took me a good 8 years to build up to this point. Not that it is the best collection but I am satisfied with it. There is always someone richer, more willing to "invest" their time and money. No point comparing. You just have to be happy with what you have.

Good luck in your collection! Remember its a journey... Your tastes will also change with time and finances...
          Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

"Fan" in my view is someone who likes the brand. He/She need not own any, could own one or maybe 50, still a fan if he/she only likes/admires the brand without a single pam in his/her collection.

Comment

Your collection.....

Hahaha... I am a man of contradictions! But seriously speaking though... My definition of a "fan" is someone who would collect all the significant models of the brand (finances permitting) and know (or make the effort) the in's and out's of the various models/series. For me, I admire Panerais and would like to own some of their iconic pieces. But I still will not classify myself as a "fan" since I don't love the brand to the extent where I will be bothered to become an encyclopaedia...
              is in fact quite impressive!

Comment

116520, nice rare pam!

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Not a true pam fan but at least I have one...

In your trademark style of photo....

Comment

thank you...

ha ha ha.... yes yes... my trademark style of photo taking for beginner like me...

Originally posted by Reborn View Post

In your trademark style of photo....

Comment

To risk digressing further, I was also in similar shoes with low to no budget to work with when I started this hobby about 8 years ago... I can certainly understand the feeling when you see something you like at a good price but simply "boh looi"... But patience lah... It took me a good 8 years to build up to this point. Not that it is the best collection but I am satisfied with it. There is always someone richer, more willing to "invest" their time and money. No point comparing. You just have to be happy with what you have.

Good luck in your collection! Remember its a journey... Your tastes will also change with time and finances...
                    I'm impressed wif ur last sentence. Yes, its a journey n tastes changes wif time n finances, n age 2 . Thks for advice.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Panerai some how not appearing to me.... Just a plain Rolex fan.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

I wouldn't consider myself a fan but there are a few models in their line that appeals to me.

Comment

Me no Panerai fan, but the watches are nice. cheers for those collectors...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

I am a fan of both

I am a fan of both. but Panerai pricing is getting outrageous.

my new Rolli luv! No Panny for me for the time being.

(Big Watch Siao)
                            BALL
                            Rolex
                            Panerai
                            Omega
                            Cartier
                            Panerai
                            IWC

Comment

Nice watch! Wanna matchmake yours with mine?

Originally posted by Minority View Post
                              I am a fan of both. but Panerai pricing is getting outrageous.

my new Rolli luv! No Panny for me for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                                Nice watch! Wanna matchmake yours with mine?

Toying with the idea of getting the GMT as pair. Any idea where to find 1? and wats the price for it these days?
                                (Big Watch Siao)
                                BALL
                                Rolex
                                Panerai
                                Omega
                                Cartier
                                Panerai
                                IWC

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile