Buying my first rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbit_sg View Post
    Why nowadays the Rolex owner so young?? I only got my first at 23!! Btw, ashton, do you remember me? Hee hee i think you should be younger then me
    Plenty of hard work and starving paves way for our rolex's it helps that we stay at home too
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by sbit_sg View Post
      Why nowadays the Rolex owner so young?? I only got my first at 23!! Btw, ashton, do you remember me? Hee hee i think you should be younger then me
      Wah piang eh...new Rolex owners are getting younger and younger man...I only got my first after Tag Heuer at 23 and Rolex 19 years later! Really uncle liao :P
      His
      - Raymond Weil Ref. 9110ST
      - TAG HEUER Ref. 669.213
      - TAG HEUER Ref. CAF1112.BA0803
      - SEIKO Ref. 7T32-7H10
      - SEIKO Ref. SARC017
      - Rolex Submariner Ref. 116613LB S/YG
      - Rolex DSSD Ref. 116660 SS

Hers
      - Raymond Weil Ref. 9991
      - Burberry Ref. 02845 BU1050
      - TAG HEUER Ref. WN131K.BA
      - Tudor Ref. 22010
      - Rolex DJ 31mm Ref. 178343 S/YG (green dial)

Comment

My suggestion would be Rolex sporty model for you (e.g. Sub, Explorer 1 or 2, Yacht-Master, etc.). You might wanna to consider the purpose you wanna to use it for? End of the day, juz go to the retail shop and try the watch first. Sometimes the watch will speak for you. One of the scenarios is when I put on the Sub, I knew immediately that this is the watch for me. Go with your heart.

Comment

try the explorer 1! quite a classic watch for a young rolex-lover

Comment

Originally posted by enthusiast View Post
            Wah piang eh...new Rolex owners are getting younger and younger man...I only got my first after Tag Heuer at 23 and Rolex 19 years later! Really uncle liao :P
            I got my first Tag Heuer (2000 classic) at the age of 30, so you can consider you are more fortunate than me. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Milgauss74 View Post
              I got my first Tag Heuer (2000 classic) at the age of 30, so you can consider you are more fortunate than me. :P
              I think so too...
              His
              - Raymond Weil Ref. 9110ST
              - TAG HEUER Ref. 669.213
              - TAG HEUER Ref. CAF1112.BA0803
              - SEIKO Ref. 7T32-7H10
              - SEIKO Ref. SARC017
              - Rolex Submariner Ref. 116613LB S/YG
              - Rolex DSSD Ref. 116660 SS

Hers
              - Raymond Weil Ref. 9991
              - Burberry Ref. 02845 BU1050
              - TAG HEUER Ref. WN131K.BA
              - Tudor Ref. 22010
              - Rolex DJ 31mm Ref. 178343 S/YG (green dial)

Comment

Thanks everybody for ur input. Just went to see the gmt, explorer and yatch. Didint like the sporty feel, prefer the more professional look though i was actually looking for a explorer 1 with the dial having rolex and cartier. Reasons why i want a new one are....my parents only want me to get a new one.... I'm curious guys are all day-date president series???

Comment

ok, veri interesting to know ! tks

Comment

Rolex sports series are always a good first watch

Stable prices and appreciating

Comment

Cannot stop at one once u started the hobby

Comment

Hi I'm new here,
                        I'm very keen to purchase one of the pre-owned here at the garage.
                        But seller doesn't want to do verification, saying that "if u doubt the watch, pls buy other one that u do not doubt. i don't want to follow buyer around to verify, prefer to sell to a buyer that how to see watch." And watch comes with no box and papers.

I understand that sellers are to sell only authentic products.
                        But I feel uncomfortable if no verification is done.
                        What should I do? Can I say this person might be selling a fake?
                        Or is it very normal for seller not wanting to do verification?

Comment

Originally posted by Novemyong View Post
                          Hi I'm new here,
                          But seller doesn't want to do verification, saying that "if u doubt the watch, pls buy other one that u do not doubt. i don't want to follow buyer around to verify, prefer to sell to a buyer that how to see watch." And watch comes with no box and papers.

Tell him verification can be done at his convenient time. Or else I will definitely give this watch a miss no matter how good his deal is...
                          Current:
                          No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by Novemyong View Post
                            Hi I'm new here,

Is seller refuse to do verification then I would suggest that you give the seller a miss .. Not worth to take the risk

Comment

Thank you. Gonna give it a miss then(;

Comment

Thank you(; anyway by his reply seems like he got no convenient time to follow anyone ard for verification. I got no choice but to give it a miss..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X