No announcement yet.

Buying my first rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D series for new old stocks sounds too old, it starts with D right? A/N will have Alphabet in the middle.

Comment

yeap starts with a D, its a datejust with pink mop and arabic numbers..

Comment

Comment

It's a beautiful piece. What's the model reference number?
          elusive

Comment

Looks like the 116234?
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

sorry to ask as i do not know how to start a thread,may i know isit advisable to change the bexel on a oysters justdate that im going to buy soon and also where can i find nice bezel....im sorry for the bother

Comment

Originally posted by goldcretu View Post
                Hi just gotten my new datejust (pink mop dial with roman letters) from dickson. . However noticed that from the warranty card is a "D" series. . tat means the watch had been sitting in the shop for 8 years already??

Did I just got screwed over by them???
                D is from the 2005/2006 era.
                Surprisingly they still holding such old stock in their inventory.
                Should do the homework before buying, i will try avoid buying because since they said best 5 years send for serving as the oil inside drying up. If really buy, i make sure can get a very good discount or else i go check out other AD.

Comment

yeap, its a 116234..

i like the pink mother of pearl without diamonds design... irony is i actually went out looking for this design for quite a while before finding it in dickson wisma.. didnt realise there is this manufacturing date issue when i bought it...

Comment

Originally posted by bensg View Post
                    D is from the 2005/2006 era.
                    Surprisingly they still holding such old stock in their inventory.
                    Should do the homework before buying, i will try avoid buying because since they said best 5 years send for serving as the oil inside drying up. If really buy, i make sure can get a very good discount or else i go check out other AD.
                    means i should send it in for servicing liao? knn dickson..

Comment

The topic of How often should you service your Rolex is quite debatable.
                      The general rule is send for serving 5~7yrs but some said wait until the watch showing signs it needs servicing and some said if it ain't broken, don't fit it so it very much depending which camp you in.

Since you already bought the watch just enjoy it and don't think or worry too much.
                      Your watch is still under the 2 years warranty, maybe before the warranty period end you can send in to RSC for the serving or right now you can send it to RSC and check with them what to do since you bought such a old stock. Let RSC do a 'check up' or test on the watch and see what they say.

Comment

The general rule is send for serving 5~7yrs but some said wait until the watch showing signs it needs servicing and some said if it ain't broken, don't fit it so it very much depending which camp you in.

Since you already bought the watch just enjoy it and don't think or worry too much.
                        Your watch is still under the 2 years warranty, maybe before the warranty period end you can send in to RSC for the serving or right now you can send it to RSC and check with them what to do since you bought such a old stock. Let RSC do a 'check up' or test on the watch and see what they say.
                        Is servicing or any check-up chargeable within the 2-year warranty period?

Comment

thanks man, was of the opinion that if it aint broke dont fix it

just pissed tat dickson is sucha dick haha...

Comment

Originally posted by goldcretu View Post
                            thanks man, was of the opinion that if it aint broke dont fix it

just pissed tat dickson is sucha dick haha...
                            The reason why its such an old series is becos, pink MOP with romans is not exceptionally popular so it was left sitting there untouched for many years. Take it that it was destiny that you found what you want.

Its no problem, i run all my Rolexes for as long as it can take my beating.
                            The first one that gave way was my Submariner bought 15yrs ago.
                            And that watch took a hell lot of beating.

Otherwise, i believe 20yrs without servicing is no problem....hahahah...
                            Enjoy your Rolex

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
                              The reason why its such an old series is becos, pink MOP with romans is not exceptionally popular so it was left sitting there untouched for many years. Take it that it was destiny that you found what you want.

Its no problem, i run all my Rolexes for as long as it can take my beating.
                              The first one that gave way was my Submariner bought 15yrs ago.
                              And that watch took a hell lot of beating.

Otherwise, i believe 20yrs without servicing is no problem....hahahah...
                              Enjoy your Rolex
                              thanks bro

Comment

7~8yeras is quite long, even the watch is sitting doing nothing but after such a prolong period the lubrication inside will have reaction such as drying, crystallizing and rubber seals for the water resistance will degrading over time too.
                                Let say a watch able to run without problem for X years, the prolong period of idling definitely eating into it lifespan due to the drying and degrading.

The watch is sitting waiting there for many years but is not untouched for many years. They need to keep changing the price tag every year. Just check out what the selling price in 2006 and look at the 2013 price.
                                A good retailer with business ethics should let the customer know or give a better discount for such old stock. Just selling to unaware customer is uncalled for to me but this problem had been 'solved' with Rolex running AN series, in future buyer won't be able to tell when the watch produced.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X