No announcement yet.

Difference in Resale value between Black & White Dial SS Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But for those "not so shiny" 16520s, they are selling at ard $19k+ (good condition) already...

Now we have to flip the table over as the price difference for a black dial 116520 and a white dial 16520 will be $2k now.... (this time, white dial wins)

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
    Black is preferred in Asia, while the Westerners like the White.

In Singapore there is a 500-1000 SGD difference between the two, with the black fetching a higher price of course.

If you don't want shiny Daytonas, you need to look for the Zenith Daytonas 16520 R, L E X N series. All those come on the brushed 78360 bracelet. Of course you can mix and match your watch and the bracelet, but those are the only correct versions to come with the 78360.

I also prefer White by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
      Hi finn, if you are not selling it why are you bother about the price? Buy and wear what you like, no point buying something later don't like it and sell away, is a waste of money. 3 cheers for your SS Daytona white
      I did, that why I pick the white dial over the black even the AD offers me the same prices . I was first into the black as it looks better online and it more popular but when I see them both I love the white.

Anyone know the time length Rolex updates their Daytona design?
      I will buy a black SS daytona if there is a new design years later.

Comment

Originally posted by finn View Post
        I did, that why I pick the white dial over the black even the AD offers me the same prices . I was first into the black as it looks better online and it more popular but when I see them both I love the white.

Anyone know the time length Rolex updates their Daytona design?
        I will buy a black SS daytona if there is a new design years later.
        Buy liao so don't regret over other's remark, regret will lost more money, be happy....

Current model has been around for about 20 yrs, movt has been upgraded with better performance. However, I still find the design fatally attractive.

Comparing the New YM with Daytona, YM is less attractive couple with the rocket high selling price. Thus is not difficult to assess if Daytona change design.... price will be a killer

SS Daytona Black Dial,
        SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
        SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
        SS SD,
        SS YM,
        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Believe me, 16520 worth paying 19k+, in fact with B & P already around 22k currently. But worth buying before it becomes not affordable in the next 5 years.

Current R L - about SGD 40K, E X N - above 22K, T, U, W you can find for around 20K, and P and A also above 22k. Assuming all have b & p.
          Last edited by Reborn; 31-07-08, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Wow! R & L worth about S$40k huh....
            That's almost like 6265 level huh

Believe me, 16520 worth paying 19k+, in fact with B & P already around 22k currently. But worth buying before it becomes not affordable in the next 5 years.

Current R L - about SGD 40K, E X N - above 22K, T, U, W you can find for around 20K, and P and A also above 22k. Assuming all have b & p.

Comment

Because the R and Ls are really very rare

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              Wow! R & L worth about S$40k huh....
              That's almost like 6265 level huh
              But of course many people would rather top up and buy Patek instead. But I guess you have to be a really diehard Rolex fan to buy one at that price.

Comment

Oh that's different.... $40k patek not very desirable for collectors... you need at least $100k to get "collectible" patek...

on the other hand $40k+, you can get a very desirable, collectible, mouth watery rolex... ha ha ha

But of course many people would rather top up and buy Patek instead. But I guess you have to be a really diehard Rolex fan to buy one at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  Oh that's different.... $40k patek not very desirable for collectors... you need at least $100k to get "collectible" patek...

on the other hand $40k+, you can get a very desirable, collectible, mouth watery rolex... ha ha ha
                  Is different Arena... Patek has a smaller market than Rolex here, For me Rolex collection is preferred. But Patek will be a premium class....
                  Last edited by Darkangel; 05-08-08, 11:23 AM.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                  SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...