Difference in Resale value between Black & White Dial SS Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in Resale value between Black & White Dial SS Daytona

Locally, the price difference between a new White Dial SS Daytona and its Black dial counterpart is about $1,000.

Is there a similar $1k difference in their respective re-sale value in the pre-owned market?

Can an equivalent Black Dial Daytona command a $1k premium over the white dial when sold second hand?

I like the white dial but someone mentioned that the black dial can fetch more than 1k extra in the retail market.

Is this true? Thanks.

I'm thinking of getting the Daytona TT too , Actually like the black dial , but currently alry have the GMT II C which is also a black dial, so now decided to get the white dial .
    Can anyone tell me, will it affect the resale value between a black dial and a white dial TT daytona ?

P/S: Both black and white dial selling same price for the TT daytona .

thanks
    Focal JM_Labs .
    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
    Cartier Santos 100XL
    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

the black face has always commanded a higher resale value in asia because white face when translated to cantonese does not sound auspicious.

if you are referring to local market, white face daytona tend to have a lower resale than that of black face.

do note that some of the following may and may not affect the resale value

1) series of watch
      2) condition of watch
      3) box and papers
      4) date of last service
      5) demand and supply of the buyer side
      6) demand and supply of the seller side

as for TT daytona, they have even lower sale value compared to that of black and white face. about 3 years ago, i was offered ss @ 15k and the TT for just 12k and the SE was trying to tempt me saying that i dont have another half gold models which is true. but i still did not bite the bullet.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        the black face has always commanded a higher resale value in asia

if you are referring to local market, white face daytona tend to have a lower resale than that of black face.

This is true. The intriguing question is, does a pre-owned black dial Daytona sell for at least $1,000 more than the an equivalent white dial Daytona?

Even if you can't recoup the extra $1000 you originally paid for the black dial when selling, does the black dial make the Daytona a bit more easy to sell? Is there very much less demand for the white dial, in the sense that many buyers will only accept a black dial?

Comment

if limited to asian country selling then the white does seem to have a lower demand, but at the end of the day, black or white does not matter, most importantly is you like, because whilst you may pay $1000 more now, it is not confirmed that you will get your $1000 back when you sell.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i wouldn't say one can sell 1k more for a black face against white face, as mentioned, there are other factors to consider. take for example in future, the white face becomes more sort after than black then how?

u keep wanting to know will black face have a higher resale value against the white. it seems that u buying now and have an intention to flip it later or u are unsure which face to go for.

by u asking questions on resale value of dial color, it seems that you are buying the watch for others not for yourself. you are afraid that if u get the black face now, and in future, it cannot be sold 1k above the white dial, you will lose money in that perspective. watches are never meant for investment. if you are paying 18k for a watch, and it loses about 1k, then accept it. if scared dont buy, if not scared, buy.

Originally posted by dsdfan99 View Post
            This is true. The intriguing question is, does a pre-owned black dial Daytona sell for at least $1,000 more than the an equivalent white dial Daytona?

Even if you can't recoup the extra $1000 you originally paid for the black dial when selling, does the black dial make the Daytona a bit more easy to sell? Is there very much less demand for the white dial, in the sense that many buyers will only accept a black dial?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Aiyah...just buy the 1 u like...1k more for something u like better than 1k less for something u dun like

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

About $300 to $500 different between White and Black dial for pre-owned Daytona either SS or TT.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                SS SD,
                SS YM,
                SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Yes, buy nt purposely for investment plse. Buy te one u like/love . If u buy to flip later, yes, te black shld b easier to sell compared to whte n subject to terms n conditions as spelt out by te various gurus. Tis' similar to comparison btwn whte/black Exp2. So, gd luck!
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

black dial has a bit more demand

But SS daytona are hard to get, normally people don't care if they can buy one from AD.

I was going for black before I saw both in front of me ... as black looks better to me in pictures. But I was wrong when I see them in person side by side .... I like the white a lot more ..... and the AD offer me the black and white the same prices.... I wish he can sell me both at retail so I will get both.

I asked him which one has more demand he told me the black for now .... I still pick the white as I can't live with a black daytona because it has more resale value after I fell in love with the white dial.

The SS daytona is very shiny and the white dial just make it shine more. Go for the black if you are thinking of selling ..... go for the white if your heart tells you that is the one to marry.

Comment

Originally posted by finn View Post

I asked him which one has more demand he told me the black for now .... I still pick the white as I can't live with a black daytona because it has more resale value after I fell in love with the white dial.

Hi finn, if you are not selling it why are you bother about the price? Buy and wear what you like, no point buying something later don't like it and sell away, is a waste of money. 3 cheers for your SS Daytona white

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Thanks to all for the relevant and helpful advice as always.

I like the black dial on the white gold Daytona because the red markings look very racing-car-like in contrast.

For SS Daytona's, I find black and white dial both equally attractive. If black is 1k extra, I'll be happy with white.

Comment

Black is preferred in Asia, while the Westerners like the White.

In Singapore there is a 500-1000 SGD difference between the two, with the black fetching a higher price of course.

If you don't want shiny Daytonas, you need to look for the Zenith Daytonas 16520 R, L E X N series. All those come on the brushed 78360 bracelet. Of course you can mix and match your watch and the bracelet, but those are the only correct versions to come with the 78360.

I also prefer White by the way.
                          Last edited by Reborn; 30-07-08, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Is a matter of taste.

Comment

For zenith daytona I prefer white dial because of three black sub dial.
                              For 116520 I prefer black dial.
                              Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                              Rolex LV submariner
                              Rolex TT black submariner
                              Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                              Rolex Non date submariner
                              Rolex Explorer2
                              More...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...