Must Rolex Watches Be Registered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
    Hmmm.... How about the whole set being stolen by a break-in thief? Then I reported as a stolen watch to RSC. Then this watch being sold to next PRO buyer without having the need to do the authentication in RSC when transaction take place. Few years later he brings this watch for servicing and what will RSC do eh? WIll RSC call me? Then this innocent buyer how? Just curious.
    RSC will only flag the watch stolen in sg. so to avoid this; it only has to travel outside of sg to get around this report.
    i have had mixed responses from RSC before. once when i serviced my 6694; i was asked about the history, as my details did not tally with their records.
    another time i serviced my other watch; they didnt even bother to ask me, despite me not being the first owner.

as for what RSC will do if a watch is presented whilst reported stolen; i believe they will hold onto the watch, and ask for the verification. but im not 100% sure, RSC has the right to hold onto "your" watch despite it being stolen; as this is usually a police matter.

in oz, the RSC (melb) is more interested in doing the sale, and does not even bother to ask whose watch it is.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Hmmm.... How about the whole set being stolen by a break-in thief? Then I reported as a stolen watch to RSC. Then this watch being sold to next PRO buyer without having the need to do the authentication in RSC when transaction take place. Few years later he brings this watch for servicing and what will RSC do eh? WIll RSC call me? Then this innocent buyer how? Just curious.
      Alamak...that's why I say....quite safe...not 100%. I mean....there are 1 million and 1 possibilities, anything can happen but generally .

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Noriki View Post
        In this case i guess RSC will confiscate the watch first as what Darkangel said and then the innocent buyer will LL wait for the police to investigate till don't know when.
        If really like that, the innocent buy si bei suay.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        RSC will only flag the watch stolen in sg. so to avoid this; it only has to travel outside of sg to get around this report.
        i have had mixed responses from RSC before. once when i serviced my 6694; i was asked about the history, as my details did not tally with their records.
        another time i serviced my other watch; they didnt even bother to ask me, despite me not being the first owner.

as for what RSC will do if a watch is presented whilst reported stolen; i believe they will hold onto the watch, and ask for the verification. but im not 100% sure, RSC has the right to hold onto "your" watch despite it being stolen; as this is usually a police matter.

in oz, the RSC (melb) is more interested in doing the sale, and does not even bother to ask whose watch it is.
        Seiko bro, thanks for sharing your experiences.

Comment

If really like that, the innocent buy si bei suay.
          Yeah...just hope u dun be the "lucky" one

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks DA, I think I feel quite safe w/o sending to RSC ... was just checking.

Sure am enjoying my rollies !!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X