Must Rolex Watches Be Registered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must Rolex Watches Be Registered?

When you buy a Rolex Watch from an AD be it in Singapore or overseas, does the AD have to register the Rolex watch bought to the Rolex database (including owner's name). A friend told me this and was just wondering if this is true.

One more question, is the Rolex Service Center able to tell from their systems using serial numbers check, are they able to tell if the Rolex watch was bought in Singapore or overseas AD.

Yes.

Yes.

You are welcomed
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Robin39 View Post
      When you buy a Rolex Watch from an AD be it in Singapore or overseas, does the AD have to register the Rolex watch bought to the Rolex database (including owner's name). A friend told me this and was just wondering if this is true.

One more question, is the Rolex Service Center able to tell from their systems using serial numbers check, are they able to tell if the Rolex watch was bought in Singapore or overseas AD.
      It's not exclusive to the original owner, someone else can bring the watch down to RSC and repair, even if the name of the person who brought down doesn't match with original owner.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

What if it's a stolen Rolex? RSC don't check and ask for verification?
        His
        - Raymond Weil Ref. 9110ST
        - TAG HEUER Ref. 669.213
        - TAG HEUER Ref. CAF1112.BA0803
        - SEIKO Ref. 7T32-7H10
        - SEIKO Ref. SARC017
        - Rolex Submariner Ref. 116613LB S/YG
        - Rolex DSSD Ref. 116660 SS

Hers
        - Raymond Weil Ref. 9991
        - Burberry Ref. 02845 BU1050
        - TAG HEUER Ref. WN131K.BA
        - Tudor Ref. 22010
        - Rolex DJ 31mm Ref. 178343 S/YG (green dial)

Comment

Originally posted by enthusiast View Post
          What if it's a stolen Rolex? RSC don't check and ask for verification?
          They have a database for watches reported as stolen. They do check.

Comment

Example, i bought a watch from a forum member and i am good enough to tell the watch is authenticate. Few years later i send the watch for overhual and RSC tell me is a stolen watch, will they confiscate the watch and report to the police or........???

Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Noriki View Post
              Example, i bought a watch from a forum member and i am good enough to tell the watch is authenticate. Few years later i send the watch for overhual and RSC tell me is a stolen watch, will they confiscate the watch and report to the police or........???

Anyone know?
              Watch will be confiscated that's for sure. (Maybe) It will be returned to the owner of the stolen watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Watch will be confiscated that's for sure. (Maybe) It will be returned to the owner of the stolen watch.
                So that's mean we have to send it to RSC for authentication eventhough we know is authentic just to be safe.

Thanks Darkangel for your reply.

Comment

So what happens when we buy from grey sellers overseas with unnamed wty card/cert (whatever you call that).

It does have the numeric code, and name of original AD which it originated from.

Should we go to RSC to "register" / authenticate ?

Comment

Originally posted by Noriki View Post
                    So that's mean we have to send it to RSC for authentication eventhough we know is authentic just to be safe.

Thanks Darkangel for your reply.
                    Errr...not a must. I won't lah...but that's just me...(cheapskate trying to save that $75 ) Hahahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by keru View Post
                      So what happens when we buy from grey sellers overseas with unnamed wty card/cert (whatever you call that).

It does have the numeric code, and name of original AD which it originated from.

Should we go to RSC to "register" / authenticate ?
                      Can be done, not a must though.

Why would you want to do that? If already have the warranty card and box...you are quite safe already. It's not necessary...but hey if it makes you feel better pay the $75 and have a peace of mind why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        Can be done, not a must though.

Why would you want to do that? If already have the warranty card and box...you are quite safe already. It's not necessary...but hey if it makes you feel better pay the $75 and have a peace of mind why not?
                        Hi Darkie, you mean the watch is not considered as stolen watch if I have the warranty card and box?

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
                          Hi Darkie, you mean the watch is not considered as stolen watch if I have the warranty card and box?
                          If you have papers/box why would it be considered stolen? which is why you should always get a receipt from the seller when possible.
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            If you have papers/box why would it be considered stolen? which is why you should always get a receipt from the seller when possible.
                            Hmmm.... How about the whole set being stolen by a break-in thief? Then I reported as a stolen watch to RSC. Then this watch being sold to next PRO buyer without having the need to do the authentication in RSC when transaction take place. Few years later he brings this watch for servicing and what will RSC do eh? WIll RSC call me? Then this innocent buyer how? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
                              Hmmm.... How about the whole set being stolen by a break-in thief? Then I reported as a stolen watch to RSC. Then this watch being sold to next PRO buyer without having the need to do the authentication in RSC when transaction take place. Few years later he brings this watch for servicing and what will RSC do eh? WIll RSC call me? Then this innocent buyer how? Just curious.
                              In this case i guess RSC will confiscate the watch first as what Darkangel said and then the innocent buyer will LL wait for the police to investigate till don't know when.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X