id help needed (n market price)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• id help needed (n market price)

hi all, i happen to dump into this wonderful forum when i was searching for some info on my newly addicted fix..
    got one OD from my dad, n have sent for full overhual 66942680XXX, will be done by end August. hope to share the new look when i get the watch (1st rolex for me, gift by my old man )

need help to id the following model, DJ.
    can any senior, gurus help to ID the model, i search but can't get the same model as this one. i found this as the most similiar model... is the my dad's a older model or did i get it wrong totally? wat's the market price for my dad's model. thanks and appreciate any info/opinion/advice. pardon me if it's a wrong comparsion, me a totally newbie
    will hang around this forum to learn more
    Attached Files

looks like yours is a classic 6694, which i have, but too lazy to fish out pics atm since my net is slowed down.

the first image is a 16233 (mens size), whilst the latter looks like a 116233 (mens size) but with bulkier case and new bracelet.

the new bracelet does without the clasp and has hidden clasp.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Your dad's watch is the Rolex 6694. Worth about 1k plus to 2k now...Your dad's 1 is the older model and not in production already.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      looks like yours is a classic 6694, which i have, but too lazy to fish out pics atm since my net is slowed down.

the first image is a 16233 (mens size), whilst the latter looks like a 116233 (mens size) but with bulkier case and new bracelet.

You dun make him blur la...the image is just for reference haha he trying to find something like his 6694

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

hi bro, thanks for the fast reply...sorry for not being clear.
        on the left is my dad's DJ and the right is for comparsion... i meant, i have sent another one OD for full overhual, which should be ready by End-Aug. i will try to share the result/new look for 6694(OD).

the one on the left....can't be a 6694??

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Your dad's watch is the Rolex 6694. Worth about 1k plus to 2k now...Your dad's 1 is the older model and not in production already.

You dun make him blur la...the image is just for reference haha he trying to find something like his 6694
          hi darkangel, i have vaguely went thru most of ur threads/replies
          thanks for the valuable inputs.
          as clarified, the one on the left is my dad's i can take more pics.... the one on the right is from a webby, for comparsion..
          6694 have been sent for overhual(another piece totally)....

any idea wat's the model on the left? i'm tryin to determine the model and market value...
          glass needs to be replace, braclet n crown(main head?) needs polishing/washin?
          i might wanna sent it for servicing at RSC, but i guess it will cost about 2k??

Comment

Yes, paying 1k to 2k for overhualling a watch that worth 2k must have a lot of sentimental value

I would suggest rather spare the 2k overhualling in parts and sent the watch to SRC at regular interval, with that your watch is always at its peak performance! Prevention is better than cure..

SS Daytona Black Dial,
            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
            SS SD,
            SS YM,
            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

i got quote the following reference on what i think is right for the images provided.

Originally posted by rolexboy View Post
              hi darkangel, i have vaguely went thru most of ur threads/replies
              thanks for the valuable inputs.
              as clarified, the one on the left is my dad's i can take more pics.... the one on the right is from a webby, for comparsion..
              6694 have been sent for overhual(another piece totally)....

any idea wat's the model on the left? i'm tryin to determine the model and market value...
              glass needs to be replace, braclet n crown(main head?) needs polishing/washin?
              i might wanna sent it for servicing at RSC, but i guess it will cost about 2k??
              if your dad's model is the one on the left, then it is 16233 preowned market now about S$4k if you have box + paperwork you can add another S$200-300 easily.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i got quote the following reference on what i think is right for the images provided.

if your dad's model is the one on the left, then it is 16233 preowned market now about S$4k if you have box + paperwork you can add another S$200-300 easily.

hi bro, thanks for the clarification.
                thanks for the id on the left pic... i saw that u have one too, which u r trying to sell?
                thanks for the info. appreciate it lots.

Comment

Aiyoh I blur sia!!!

Yeah his 16233 is worth about 4k...

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                    Yes, paying 1k to 2k for overhualling a watch that worth 2k must have a lot of sentimental value

I would suggest rather spare the 2k overhualling in parts and sent the watch to SRC at regular interval, with that your watch is always at its peak performance! Prevention is better than cure..
                    Agree...for sentimental value...it's priceless

Comment

it's abit of a sore-eye to see the watch in "not good condition".
                      jus thinkin of sending it for servicing and present it to my dad on his bday. thin he will like it.

ya, spending 1-2k for once awhile servincin is not really sensible.
                      i'm actually thinkin of sending it back for regular servicing as reco at every interval of about 2-3yrs.

thanks for the advice/opinion.
                      cheers

Comment

Aiyoh I blur sia!!!

Yeah his 16233 is worth about 4k...
                        thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by rolexboy View Post
                          it's abit of a sore-eye to see the watch in "not good condition".
                          jus thinkin of sending it for servicing and present it to my dad on his bday. thin he will like it.

ya, spending 1-2k for once awhile servincin is not really sensible.
                          i'm actually thinkin of sending it back for regular servicing as reco at every interval of about 2-3yrs.

thanks for the advice/opinion.
                          cheers
                          Your thought is aready a wonderful present....

1 to 2 years servicing is too much... SRC recommend every 5 years once.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

thanks bro

oh, okie. every 5 years. thanks will do so... it's not cheap afterall

Comment

5? lol I recommend...only service when the watch breaks down..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X