This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mokwai View Post
    Should a bnib seadweller comes with tool kit? How much is the toolkit worth or how much it cost to buy? Thanks.
    Yes it should. You saw the 1 in searolex's pic?

It's priceless only comes with the watch when u buy...outside u buy hahhaa chop carrot head price nia..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

It's priceless only comes with the watch when u buy...outside u buy hahhaa chop carrot head price nia..

yes the toolkit has ref nos too...hahaha..
      There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

Nice!

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
        yes the toolkit has ref nos too...hahaha..

Comment

Thanks for the info. No wonder they sell so cheap without the toolkit.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

Comment

Maybe I am missing something regarding the SD

why would people rush to get it on hearing that it will be discontinued when there are already many many SDs out there? What so collectible?

Still a bit puzzled....
            Last edited by Reborn; 28-07-08, 11:37 PM.

Comment

The reason is because you might not be able to get BNIB from your local ADs anymore once it is discontinued.... you can only find "second-hand" from dealers once local ADs sold out their stock...

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
              why would people rush to get it on hearing that it will be discontinued when there are already tons of SDs out there?

Still a bit puzzled....

Comment

one possible reason is that the current group of people wanting to get the last batch is in hope that the price of SD will rise and they can sell it for a profit.

another possible reason is that they want to own for awhile but have put off buying it until now. once it is discontinued, it will be harder to find a BNIB piece.

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                why would people rush to get it on hearing that it will be discontinued when there are already many many SDs out there? What so collectible?

Still a bit puzzled....
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Is logical that most collectors wanted to own an item that would be out of production in very near future, cause it will be hard to find then, couple with anticipation of price increase based on supply/demand.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                  SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

look at GMTII prices have simply rocketed upwards and not dipped once. Same will apply to SD. Will it imitate the same path we dont know, but it sure is likely.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

He he he. .. I have a SD... may be buy another one....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

my AD sold out relatively quickly, so no chance of BNIB, but i had one on consignment and that sold, may get another in soon
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

So, we are all correct.... that feels really good......

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            look at GMTII prices have simply rocketed upwards and not dipped once. Same will apply to SD. Will it imitate the same path we dont know, but it sure is likely.
                            We never know

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Ok, I understand the points about the SD, but about the GMT II

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              I assume you are talking about the Ceramic one? Definitely no longer skyrocketing, in fact it has softened very very much in price. As I said, some dealers are afraid to take in these pieces because prices are falling by the week.

That seems to be the nature of the market in Singapore, maybe also likewise for rest of Asia. So if you are hunting for something that is newly-released, be patient and wait for it to soften. The Milgauss, even the version with the Green crystal has dipped quite a bit in price.

I just heard that LNIB green sub is now going for only around SGD 7200, box and papers included ! That's another sad story, everyone was banking on it thinking it is really limited edition. I remember people used to pay SGD 13k to 14k for it. Now, half price, very sad.

I think production numbers are important, anything more than 2000 pieces in circulation in the world is considered "too many" by most collectors. So the SD taking off in price is not going to be easy. Too many out there already.

Just my 2 cents. I might be proven wrong of course.
                              Last edited by Reborn; 29-07-08, 08:59 PM.

Comment

This is indeed an interesting phenomemom.

It seems that there are many who may not like a particular Rolex model when it was still in production. But once the said model becomes discontinued, the same group of people who weren't interested suddenly start buying up and proclaiming the model to be the quinessential Rolex icon etc etc...must have. I guess the common objective is to make money by flipping the watches.

There are MANY 16710s out there, maybe not so much in Singapore but definitely a lot out there. I would imagine that there are many 16600s are out there too. These 2 models have been in production for almost 15-20 years! So I guess one can slowly take their time to find a nice young piece, maybe F, D Z or M series, with box/papers, the whole works.

My 2 cents
                                Last edited by wean_sg; 29-07-08, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X