What watch should i get in 2011??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What watch should i get in 2011??

guys, like to seek some opinion from you...already owned a sub and a tag monaco...planning to get another one next year.

I can get to purchase luxury watches at a 35% off and on special occasion, ard 50% off... but the brands of watches are quite limited - tag, omega, cartier, piaget, mont blanc, chaumet or zenith... assuming a budget of 5k plus...what would be a good buy? will need to get it early next year as this good lobang is coming to an end

I am looking at speedy pro which cost ard 3k after discount...what would you buy if u are in my shoes and there are 35% off for these watches??

Since you have such good discounts for those brands, anyone is a good buy but it should be which you fancy most. The Omega Speedmaster is a good choice. If it was me, I will get that too. Next I may target a Zenith followed by Cartier (Santos maybe) and a Tag Heuer. Get what you really like.

Good luck
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Speedy Pro at ard 3k is freaking good price!! Same as Ocean bro, I will get this too!

Comment

wow.. how did you get such a good lobang.. =P

Comment

I am not sure about TS' lobang but I have heard employees of luxury brands given some form of 'staff incentives' to purchase their products. So definitely if there is a certain discount range for normal customers, the discount should be even more for the employees right?

There may be some of you here who are, or may have family/friends/relatives, in some of these companies and you may like share with us. I know of someone who works in LVMH (distributor company of TAG Heuer watches and other brands), who can get much higher discount for TAG Heuer watches; another who works in DFS who can easily get 30% over for certain brands of watches, one who works in Gold Heart (jewellery) who can get good staff discount, etc. Having said that, I think there's a quota to how much each employee can get.

So TS, what's yours?
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by vpsss View Post
            wow.. how did you get such a good lobang.. =P
            Staff discounts from GF's co... but coming to an end soon since she will leaving the firm (part of LVMH). That is why i prob need to get it quickly.

Is mont blanc watches worth the dough??

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              I am not sure about TS' lobang but I have heard employees of luxury brands given some form of 'staff incentives' to purchase their products. So definitely if there is a certain discount range for normal customers, the discount should be even more for the employees right?

There may be some of you here who are, or may have family/friends/relatives, in some of these companies and you may like share with us. I know of someone who works in LVMH (distributor company of TAG Heuer watches and other brands), who can get much higher discount for TAG Heuer watches; another who works in DFS who can easily get 30% over for certain brands of watches, one who works in Gold Heart (jewellery) who can get good staff discount, etc. Having said that, I think there's a quota to how much each employee can get.

So TS, what's yours?
              You got it right! Part of LVMH! Lovely staff discounts.... champange, watches, clothes even hard liquor and chocos are heavily discounted

Comment

Don't mind me ask then:

LVMH carries Omega ? LVMH's watch brands include Tag H, Zenith, Hublot, Dior, Chaumet, etc. Got Omega? I thought Omega comes under the Swatch Group - also the distributor for Longines, Tissot, Blancpain, etc.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

its part of the luxury retail company...starts with a "D" which is owned by LVMH...u see it everytime u take a plane. They do carry brands from richemont group and swatch

Comment

o i c .. tx & merry X'mas
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

dont get a watch for the sake of getting. i wont go for any of the brands listed. also is it all models or just selected models? if i were you, i rather get one and sell it (sought after). take the 'extra' amount and purchase a watch you prefer*assuming you also eyeing a higher value watch but have limited budget.*

you indicate that you got a budget of ~5k. so if you know someone who wants to buy a cartier santos. if discount given is say 10% and you can get 30% or say up to 50%, offer the buyer of the watch @ say 20% off list. in this case the buyer saves more money, you make money, the extra money you earn from this trade, top it up to your budget of 5k, then you have a bigger budget say ~6k. this will give you a wider choice of watches you can purchase of your choice.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        dont get a watch for the sake of getting. i wont go for any of the brands listed. also is it all models or just selected models? if i were you, i rather get one and sell it (sought after). take the 'extra' amount and purchase a watch you prefer*assuming you also eyeing a higher value watch but have limited budget.*

you indicate that you got a budget of ~5k. so if you know someone who wants to buy a cartier santos. if discount given is say 10% and you can get 30% or say up to 50%, offer the buyer of the watch @ say 20% off list. in this case the buyer saves more money, you make money, the extra money you earn from this trade, top it up to your budget of 5k, then you have a bigger budget say ~6k. this will give you a wider choice of watches you can purchase of your choice.
                        Even though i would love to do that...this is strictly prohibited. You cant purchase using the staff discount scheme and then sell up at a markup price. Frankly speaking, i cant jeopardise my gf career for a thousand dollars, right...doenst make sense.

I am leaning towards a omega speedmaster else i will increase the budget and get a IWC in the HK outlets....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X