Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me clarify the situation

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
    Who is the referer that introduce you to Alex? Is Alex a forumer in SG-ROC?

Glad that you have asked him to fly kite.
    I am the one who provided info on the possible deal after seeing interest on a Daytona on this site. The seller offered me the watch via email but I was not interested.

So when I drew attention to the deal, and said that there is this deal at SGD 15600, I reminded buyers that I am not responsible for the authenticity because I have not seen the watch. From the money point of view, I also have nothing to do with this watch - it's not mine. Therefore there is no reason for me to provide a guarantee on the watch. Lastly, I have never bought from the guy even though I met him about twice or thrice in the past, as fellow watch collectors who got to know each other via the internet. So my repeated advice to potential buyers is - better check at RSC to be sure.

However, we cannot now accuse him of trying to cheat or anything because there is no proof of this. I think he was prepared to deal at an AD in Singapore, and was offering it at SGD 15600. (At least this was what he said. ) The deal fell through with some because of price, and others over the RSC inspection. Personally, I would also not buy anything not inspected at RSC if I do not know the seller well. So I think buyers were right to walk away from the deal.

Having said this, I feel that the only conclusion we can make is this - no RSC inspection, no deal. Or that this is not a friendly or flexible dealer. But to extrapolate beyond this is being presumptuous because we have no proof.
    Last edited by Reborn; 22-08-08, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
      I am the one who provided info on the possible deal after seeing interest on a Daytona on this site.....I reminded buyers that I am not responsible for the authenticity because I have not seen the watch. .......So my repeated advice to potential buyers is - better check at RSC to be sure....... we cannot now accuse him of trying to cheat or anything because there is no proof of this. ........Personally, I would also not buy anything not inspected at RSC if I do not know the seller well. ......I feel that the only conclusion we can make is this - no RSC inspection, no deal. Or that this is not a friendly or flexible dealer. But to extrapolate beyond this is being presumptuous because we have no proof.
      Hi Bro Reborn, thanks for your indepth clarification and sharing.

I think you are very helpful for trying to fullfill other Bros' dream, which I think is the true spirit of SG-ROC; sharing of info is the power of success in this community.

I strongly advice other than purchase for AD or trusted pre-owned shop, we should send the watches to RSC for verification, this will save guard your interest and investment. Don't ever step into a trap as enough lessons have learnt from other's mistake.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Actually I felt kind of bad

Hi Bro Reborn, thanks for your indepth clarification and sharing.

I think you are very helpful for trying to fullfill other Bros' dream, which I think is the true spirit of SG-ROC; sharing of info is the power of success in this community.

I strongly advice other than purchase for AD or trusted pre-owned shop, we should send the watches to RSC for verification, this will save guard your interest and investment. Don't ever step into a trap as enough lessons have learnt from other's mistake.

as it may have given some of our bros here false hope. But thank you for understanding the situation.

Comment

Anyway, bro Reborn had been a great help , he remind me time and again not to deal with him if seller not willing to deal in RSC .

He already mention in his PM to me that he cannot vouch for the seller as he did not deal with him b4 , he also advise me to bring it to RSC not only to verify but also to made sure its not some stolen rolex .

Like what bro reborn say , Think this Alex is not trying to sell something fake from my observance , but he is just not friendly and infact quite rude to his customer . Thats enough for me to decided not to deal with him .

I dun expect great service from him , but at the very least , he should ans our enquiry instead of telling you go get from AD if i don't trust him .But how can i trust him when he not willing to let me bring to RSC and i had never deal with him b4.

After all, i just ask him for the best price , he say $15.6k , i didnt even neg. with him .
          Its only after he say he not willing to meet at RSC , than i decided not to proceed with the deal .

Now he gets to keep his watch and i keep my cash , so let us put an end to all this and move on .

Anyway thanks bro reborn again for your kind help !
          Although eventually i did not buy the daytona , but i still appreciate it !
          Focal JM_Labs .
          "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
          Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
          Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
          Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
          Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
          Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
          Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
          Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
          Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
          Cartier Santos 100XL
          Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
            I am the one who provided info on the possible deal after seeing interest on a Daytona on this site. The seller offered me the watch via email but I was not interested.

So when I drew attention to the deal, and said that there is this deal at SGD 15600, I reminded buyers that I am not responsible for the authenticity because I have not seen the watch. From the money point of view, I also have nothing to do with this watch - it's not mine. Therefore there is no reason for me to provide a guarantee on the watch. Lastly, I have never bought from the guy even though I met him about twice or thrice in the past, as fellow watch collectors who got to know each other via the internet. So my repeated advice to potential buyers is - better check at RSC to be sure.

However, we cannot now accuse him of trying to cheat or anything because there is no proof of this. I think he was prepared to deal at an AD in Singapore, and was offering it at SGD 15600. (At least this was what he said. ) The deal fell through with some because of price, and others over the RSC inspection. Personally, I would also not buy anything not inspected at RSC if I do not know the seller well. So I think buyers were right to walk away from the deal.

Having said this, I feel that the only conclusion we can make is this - no RSC inspection, no deal. Or that this is not a friendly or flexible dealer. But to extrapolate beyond this is being presumptuous because we have no proof.
            what's his handle/nick in SG ROC forum? i kinda lost halfway reading the post...

cheers

james
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

He's not on the forum. Mainly on Timezone, VRF and Via Paneristi.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                Anyway, bro Reborn had been a great help , he remind me time and again not to deal with him if seller not willing to deal in RSC .

He already mention in his PM to me that he cannot vouch for the seller as he did not deal with him b4 , he also advise me to bring it to RSC not only to verify but also to made sure its not some stolen rolex .

Like what bro reborn say , Think this Alex is not trying to sell something fake from my observance , but he is just not friendly and infact quite rude to his customer . Thats enough for me to decided not to deal with him .

I dun expect great service from him , but at the very least , he should ans our enquiry instead of telling you go get from AD if i don't trust him .But how can i trust him when he not willing to let me bring to RSC and i had never deal with him b4.

After all, i just ask him for the best price , he say $15.6k , i didnt even neg. with him .
                Its only after he say he not willing to meet at RSC , than i decided not to proceed with the deal .

Now he gets to keep his watch and i keep my cash , so let us put an end to all this and move on .

Anyway thanks bro reborn again for your kind help !
                Although eventually i did not buy the daytona , but i still appreciate it !

yah lor, bro Reborn is only trying to help us get a better deal. $15.6k cash is a good price for daytona black dial. but without verification, i rather pay another 1k to get it at sg AD.

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                  yah lor, bro Reborn is only trying to help us get a better deal. $15.6k cash is a good price for daytona black dial. but without verification, i rather pay another 1k to get it at sg AD.
                  Without varification is "High Risk"...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Which AD ?

Bro kelvin ,
                    Can share which AD selling the black dial SS Daytona at $16.6k ?
                    I'm keen to get one !

TIA
                    Focal JM_Labs .
                    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                    Cartier Santos 100XL
                    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                      Bro kelvin ,
                      Can share which AD selling the black dial SS Daytona at $16.6k ?
                      I'm keen to get one !

TIA
                      I wanna know too. Thanks.
                      "Z" Black Dial SS Daytona
                      09 IWC BP 5004
                      ------------------------------
                      WTS: GMT II & EXP II

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk
                        will buyer ... willling seller = deal
                        The practice in this forum should be:

willing buyer + willing seller + verification = deal.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                        SS SD,
                        SS YM,
                        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

16.6k from AD very good price. Most people asking 17K+...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk
                            There are many experts in this forum that can verify with one look & feel.. Alternatively bring Darkie along... he has posted before $20.00 for verification...
                            Yah loh, Dakie just shake the watch abit will know if the watch if fitted with fake juwels... That is the power of Rolex Psychic...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Hi,may I also be in the Q for the Black Dial SS Daytona for $16.6k?Thanks Bro.
                              Rolex SS Daytona 116520 White Dial D-Series
                              Rolex GMT ll 16710 D-Series (stick fonts)
                              Rolex Explorer 2 16570 White K-Series
                              IWC Portuguese Chrono Auto 371417
                              Panerai 112L
                              Tag Heuer SS 2000 Series Boy Size - Circa 1986
                              Vulcain SS Black Roman Dial - Circa 1984
                              Favre Leuba SeaKing - Circa *very old*
                              Sideras Pocket Watch - Circa *very old*
                              My Grandma's Ladies Breitling in Gold Bracelet - Circa 1920

Comment

hi

16.6k from AD very good price. Most people asking 17K+...
                                it a local AD, bought from them before. think of the few big 4 AD . sorry i really cant reveal who. but 1 thing for sure, pay only in cash not nets no credit card no ipp.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X