No announcement yet.

Current Daytona SS Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine was quoted 14.8k SGD for a 95% condition, pre-owned one. I think he could have bargained it down to around 14.5k or even less if he wanted to get it. It was a black face daytona, no dings or dents and in near mint condition, full b & p.

If this is the going rate for the 95% condition ones (they used to go for about 15.8k one to two years ago), it's not hard to imagine that the new ones have also gone down in price. In fact that is what I heard from some dealers.

Comment

Most AD is money "ba ba", they may let go other models at a cheap price but not Daytona, as they got holding power, because economy will turn around.

May be can look out for those not well to do AD then got chance to buy at least price.

Let me know if any AD going burst....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

unfortunately, buying at list price is unheard of in Asia

Comment

not only daytona, but milgauss and any other models
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Anyone tried buying Daytona or other Rolexes from watch shops offering overseas parallel imports? I have friends who do this and enjoy further discount.

But I understand there is a hassle applying overseas for warranty card.

Comment

care to elaborate what u mean by the bold sentence?

so far i think only jap sets requires u to send in the paper work for warranty card

Originally posted by dsdfan99 View Post
              Anyone tried buying Daytona or other Rolexes from watch shops offering overseas parallel imports? I have friends who do this and enjoy further discount.

But I understand there is a hassle applying overseas for warranty card.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Ya loh, what they do is fill up the warranty card and make a photocopy for their record, that's it...

I have also sent in one of my overseas AD rolex to RSC to fix also no problem... as long as the warranty card is chop, they will honour it

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  care to elaborate what u mean by the bold sentence?

so far i think only jap sets requires u to send in the paper work for warranty card
                  Just wondering if anybody here managed to buy parallel imported Rolexes from shops at slightly lower prices than AD's.

Are there any disadvantages?
                  Last edited by dsdfan99; 29-07-08, 02:32 AM.

Comment

black or white ss daytona both 17k

Hi

I brought my white SS daytona at 17k, a month ago in Singapore AD.
                    the black and white are both at 17k, but I pick the white. I got the ok deal because I bought another Rolex for 20% below retail price and paid all cash on the spot.

I was first going for the black dial as I know it is about US$500 more for resell ...but when I went in the shop and compare both I prefer the white over the black. I'm not planing to sell any of my Rolex and better go for what I like than what others think. My friends are all laughing at me that I like Rolex ( oldman watch) and .... why don't I get panerai, cartier or AP. But others don't pay for my watch and they can like all they want but I'm getting what I like will my own dollars.

It still impossible to get the SS daytona in the US from AD, they only keep for their top customer. I'm in La and moving to OC this week and there are too many rich people and poor.... even the economy is that bad ... the SS daytona still goes to these Hollywood stars and rich orange county people.

If you know about the rarest of the SS daytona, you want one. I wish I buy it 5 years ago. My advice is, if you can afford the price and want one just get it. If that is what you make for a month then you can easily afford it or you have some ah gong money left behind

It's not a good thing, buying something that you can't afford as we all know the economy is going bad and a lot of young Singaporeans live beyond their means these days.

Saving during good years and buying at bad times ... its going to be the buyer market for the next few years.

Comment

very rare to find a local AD in sg that priced both white and black face @ the same price.
                      Originally posted by finn View Post
                      Hi

I brought my white SS daytona at 17k, a month ago in Singapore AD.
                      the black and white are both at 17k, but I pick the white.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I fully agreed on Finn's statement.

"Saving during good years and buying at bad times ... its going to be the buyer market for the next few years."

The bank interest is dirt low now, it does not cancell off the inflation. Economic growth for Singapore is 4% to 5%, but inflation is 7%, we 2% poorler

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                        SS SD,
                        SS YM,
                        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

of course good to have some solid savings incase the bad turn ugly
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Yes! My next target is TT Daytona....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

almost cheaper to buy TT over SS daytona
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

You are 2% poorer only if you got a 5% pay increase this year... if your pay remains same this year, you are 7% poorer!

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                                I fully agreed on Finn's statement.

"Saving during good years and buying at bad times ... its going to be the buyer market for the next few years."

The bank interest is dirt low now, it does not cancell off the inflation. Economic growth for Singapore is 4% to 5%, but inflation is 7%, we 2% poorler

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X