Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the year 2010 closes...

Hi R lovers,

As the year closes for the year 2010, decided to pamper myself with a new watch.Currently own a M series Sub lv and looking to get a new watch. I've a few models in mind and a budget of 10k preferbly around 9k. I don't mind second hand pieces if it's not too old.

GMT Master II
    Sea dweller
    Deepsea
    Half gold black sub

I'm thinking of keeping my Sub but on the other hand, has it been officially discontinued? I'am not a collector but i just want to put my cash into asset by getting a watch which is not by trend but rather more for practical reasons. Reason why i got the green sub is because of it's value and rumours of being discontinued. Until today i'm glad that i haven seen one selling below $6500? I'am contemplating weather to sell it or not.....

Any advice which watch i should get for value retention at least for the next 1yr or 2? Im sure nobody can forsee the future of prices but hopefully someone can enlighten me on this issue.

Thank you ! Will update if i've decided on anything else......
    Me

116713 TT GMT Master II

16610LV Sub LV

Me Bitach

179174 Ladies DJ MOP

What i say is purely from the heart. No discrimination, No offence, just pure BS.

Get the GMTii... cant go wrong with this model.

Comment

er....beside rolex any other brand you keen too?

Comment

Not at the moment ! Maybe a AP by 2011 end or early 2012 ! As of now, i want a rolex.. I was thinking of selling my Sub LV to fund for a DAYTONA....but but .. infact with a budget of up to 10k, selling my sub lv at a 6k - 6.8k if possible i can get a DAYTONA.. But But..

Sigh. My wife suggest i get the TT Sub(black dial) over TT GMT II. Anybody knows how much is the TT Sub black dial in the preown market? If i'am not wrong, BNIB is 11600 for both blue and black dial.
        Me

116713 TT GMT Master II

16610LV Sub LV

Me Bitach

179174 Ladies DJ MOP

What i say is purely from the heart. No discrimination, No offence, just pure BS.

Comment

Y buy 2 watch with the same funtion, get the TT gmtIIc. It is very nice with a 3time zone function. There shd be some preowned around already....
          Current:
          No More Liao...

Comment

Any idea whats the price of the TT GMT II in the preown market anyone? New one is around 11600 i guess.. about less then a year ago my friend got it from a grey dealer at 10500.

Not so much on the function but the value retention for at least 1 - 2 years..
            Me

116713 TT GMT Master II

16610LV Sub LV

Me Bitach

179174 Ladies DJ MOP

Comment

Originally posted by sbit_sg View Post
              Any idea whats the price of the TT GMT II in the preown market anyone? New one is around 11600 i guess.. about less then a year ago my friend got it from a grey dealer at 10500.

Not so much on the function but the value retention for at least 1 - 2 years..
              By "value retention" do you mean low depreciation? For new rolex I cannot tell you which models fall under that category, but my advice is to avoid the latest models that have no/little discount. GMT2c is indeed one good choice with the price stablised now at slight over 9K brand new.

For preowned, it is then a matter of buying at the right market value no matter which models. Compared with brand new, preowned ones generally hold their value better (i.e. lower depreciation or in some very rare cases even appreciate).
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Bought a new TT GMT Master II... will update pics....
                Me

116713 TT GMT Master II

16610LV Sub LV

Me Bitach

179174 Ladies DJ MOP

Comment

Congratz! Waiting ..
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by sbit_sg View Post
                    Bought a new TT GMT Master II... will update pics....
                    Congrats, waiting for pics.
                    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

One big family ! Will try to post more wristshots, it's home in the safe. Haven worn it at all !
                      Me

116713 TT GMT Master II

16610LV Sub LV

Me Bitach

179174 Ladies DJ MOP

Comment

Me

116713 TT GMT Master II

16610LV Sub LV

Me Bitach

179174 Ladies DJ MOP

Comment

Nice trios.
                          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X