buying rolex in KL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying rolex in KL

is it a good idea to purchase rolex in KL? A couple of friends have suggested getting them in KL since the exchnage rate is favorable. They suggeted getting one at the hour glass in pavilion or at klcc.

Since i will be gg over to KL next month, thus was thinking of getting a datejust over there...how much savings are we looking at?

Anyone purchased their rollies over there?

Cheers

what i suggest you to do is find out the prices here in sg from places like Watch Palace, THG, KHH, THH to get a general feel of the prices of the model(s) you interested in. then you go there and compare prices.

my experience is that there is not much savings despite the exchange rate. anything less than 300 savings is not considered much. this is because sometimes, if u bargain hard enough, u may get lower prices in sg
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I think you should check with local ADs first and when you are in KL, you will know how much you save. If cost more in KL, then come back singapore and buy loh...

Originally posted by estrangable View Post
      is it a good idea to purchase rolex in KL? A couple of friends have suggested getting them in KL since the exchnage rate is favorable. They suggeted getting one at the hour glass in pavilion or at klcc.

Since i will be gg over to KL next month, thus was thinking of getting a datejust over there...how much savings are we looking at?

Anyone purchased their rollies over there?

Cheers

Comment

Usually prices are quite controlled...savings would not be much or significant i feel...esp for the DJ model

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

You have to do leg work in your local market before going over to KL (or anywhere really)

once in KL do some more leg work (time permitting) and check it out carefully. Factor in warranty/expenses/etc

Only then will you know if there is any savings.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

My thought of shopping in KL is double risks ....

Going there get rob, and Coming back get rob

SS Daytona Black Dial,
            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
            SS SD,
            SS YM,
            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

i think if you dont act big should be ok. once you start flaunting what you have, some people will definately come close and try to rob you
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

many thanks for the advices. if the savings are just a couple of hundreds then i prob will get it in sing then!

cheers

Comment

For Rolex there won't be any savings. Instead you'll find the price may be higher than that in Singapore. I went to 4 ADs while I was there and all of them quoted the same price for the model I was interested in. None of them would budge on the price. All of them claimed that they get their Rolexes from Singapore and thus will peg it at the "Singapore price".

But you may find that the other brands are cheaper such as IWC.

Comment

For Datejust models, Singapore vs Malaysia vs Thailand vs Hongkong....

Still Singapore Cheaper....
                    Used to wear - Tag Heuer SEL Series
                    Now Wearing - Seiko
                    Soon to buy - Rolex Datejust 116234
                    Future Buys - Pre-own Omega Speedy Pro for Daily Use

Comment

buy it in SINGAPORE!Dun waste time scouting,some even quote you with little discount.In fact many things aren't cheap in KL.You can check out some ADs at KLCC,than you will know what i meant.

Comment

depends on ur relationship wif de AD..som maybe even can get 20 to 25...if u a regular..as i noe walk in is normally up to 15..if u know certain models jus ask for da best n try to buy at de same place..

Comment

they also know how to see if you are local or foreigner. local they offer x-discount, foreigner they offer something else, hoping that you will pull the trigger
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I have not been to KL for 13 yrs liao... So safety of my "wallet" is still ulmost concern of me even they promiss to be cheap cheap...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                              For Rolex there won't be any savings. Instead you'll find the price may be higher than that in Singapore. I went to 4 ADs while I was there and all of them quoted the same price for the model I was interested in. None of them would budge on the price. All of them claimed that they get their Rolexes from Singapore and thus will peg it at the "Singapore price".

But you may find that the other brands are cheaper such as IWC.
                              other brands are cheaper , Is breitling cheaper there???

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X