Passion's 80s daydate, good buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passion's 80s daydate, good buy?

What do u guys think of this day date? Value for money?

Wonder if after i buy it, can bring to RSC for overhaul, and get a bracelet.... although a full gold bracelet should be astronomical in price? Btw the buckle is not gold tho.

http://www.passions.com.sg/Rolex_Gents/5184-DD.htm
    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

And can passion talk price or not? Or fixed one?

Maybe i should scout around elsewhere?

A gold DD seems pretty precious!

But this watch seems to be sitting on the website for ages and ages like the age of the watch itself
    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Found another daydate on bronze age. But serial number 9xxxxxx means its b4 1987! But full gold, 10K, good buy? I wonder if RSC can overhaul it too

http://www.ebronzeage.com/watches/wa...xist_cat=Rolex
      Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
        Found another daydate on bronze age. But serial number 9xxxxxx means its b4 1987! But full gold, 10K, good buy? I wonder if RSC can overhaul it too

http://www.ebronzeage.com/watches/wa...xist_cat=Rolex
        both can talk price lar.... look for jonathan (passion)..he's the boss....say you're from sg-roc forum...he's a member here too.... or if you go to bronze age...look for ai pei..say clarence recommend one....

here's my 2 cents worth of opinion....looking at the nominal price tag..assuming it's fixed...ceteris paribus...the difference is 1.5k.... one comes with leather bracelet...and the other comes with gold bracelet...i think i'll go for the latter..... rsc will be able to overhaul the watches...no worry...

cheers.....
        Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
        Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
        Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
        Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

a new DD, even after discount, costs more than double than a used DD (in this 2 cases)........looks like a good buy but only for DD lovers...
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

And can passion talk price or not? Or fixed one?

Maybe i should scout around elsewhere?

A gold DD seems pretty precious!

But this watch seems to be sitting on the website for ages and ages like the age of the watch itself
            Hahaha...I am scouting for one too...but so far no luck. I hav to try asking the shops myself..but i dun dare la.

For me I won't go for 1 w/o the original bracelet. I heard that 1 link costs $975,but no confirmation though....so a whole bracelet can get u another preowned DD.

For the bark model,I considered it but I think it has a very low demand,and does no look nice IMO..so i gav up on that...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Yeah I think the bark model is awful too.

I called up RSC. They tell me to be careful when selecting a used DD... to inspect the bracelet carefully cos it will cost 15K to get a new full yg bracelet. Wah piang
              Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Yeah I think the bark model is awful too.

I called up RSC. They tell me to be careful when selecting a used DD... to inspect the bracelet carefully cos it will cost 15K to get a new full yg bracelet. Wah piang
                Hahaha...Tell u liao,1 link cost like $975 the whole set is like Can buy another watch liao...

Btw ah...u get the Bark model,u need another link it would b hard to find...

What I saw this seller did was that he has alot of YG DJ/DDs but the thing is that he removed the original bracelet and put in a aftermarket 18k gold bracelet. That's wad I dun like about it...make it seem fake la although its still gold. The seller smart la..remove all the original bracelet and sell..

Comment

Went to the second hand shops today. It was an eye opener! Esp the Koh family shop (brothers, father, wife were all there). They have 4 day dates, all around 11-12K, all in the same design. Steep? Or u guys rather get something new?
                  Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Went to the second hand shops today. It was an eye opener! Esp the Koh family shop (brothers, father, wife were all there). They have 4 day dates, all around 11-12K, all in the same design. Steep? Or u guys rather get something new?
                    Depends on how's the condition but I think it's abit steep,I better check with my dealer when I drop my watch there for servicing

Comment

i feel that once you get hold of the price of a new brand piece, you will be able to decide faster.

this is because, you will be able to decide whether the price you paying for a pre-own compared to a brand new one is a good price.

secondly, the price of pre-own watches are dependent of some of the factors

a) physical condition of watch
                      b) when was the last service done
                      c) year of production

the list goes on.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I got quoted at Centerpoint for 27K for a brand new yg DD. So the second hand one, at 11K is much more affordable. But still, 11K for a second hand watch that is 15 years old seems erm v duh right?
                        Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

well......at less than half price it all sounds reasonable to me....come on, it's a GOLD watch......cant expect to be dirt cheap right....

if not what do u expect 7k?.....8k?.......dun think it's possible unless a pte seller is desperate to raise cash......
                          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                            well......at less than half price it all sounds reasonable to me....come on, it's a GOLD watch......cant expect to be dirt cheap right....

if not what do u expect 7k?.....8k?.......dun think it's possible unless a pte seller is desperate to raise cash......
                            Yeah...i hoping for someting like 9-10k la..

Comment

7K got, without the strap tho
                              Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X