Trip to HK Last Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to HK Last Weekend

Just back from HK. Saw many Sub C (Black) around (HK$53,000 before discount). GMT11cs and Deepsea are common. Even saw an old version sea dweller.

On the way there, saw a Sub C LV at Changi Airport at S$10,003. Good price. But I was more interested in the Tudor Heritage Chrono and got one at good price. I was surprised I did not see this watch in HK even though there are numerous big Tudor shops around.

My 2nd trip to HK this year and a feast for my eyes where watches are concerned!
    His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

How much u pay for the Tudor heritage chrono?
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Originally posted by striker968 View Post
      How much u pay for the Tudor heritage chrono?
      Yes, will also like to know too, since you mentioned that you got it at a good price?

Tx, and congratz
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi Bros,

Correction. I meant the good price is for the Sub C LV. For the Tudor I got it at S$4.7k at the Changi Airport rolex shop.
        His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Nt bad also, TIC that the retail price is around mid 5K in local ADs.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by desfrie View Post
            Hi Bros,

Correction. I meant the good price is for the Sub C LV. For the Tudor I got it at S$4.7k at the Changi Airport rolex shop.
            I thought shop at Changi Airport should be more expensive than any other shop. Didnt know u can fetch a good buy at that place. Congrat.

Comment

If discounts given are the same in town, then the better pricing at the airport is because it has no GST. It's duty free. Likewise, the branded handbags are about 7% cheaper than the boutiques in town. But if you are going to HK, then it's definitely cheaper to buy the branded bags there than in Spore. However, I find that the prices of watches are about the same in both HK and Spore.
              Wishlist :
              AP Novelty RG
              AP Lebron James
              AP Schumi

Comment

Hi Newbie here. Can I ask if HongKong is a good place to get a Rolex? If yes, is there any reputable shop as I will be going in Jan?

Been thinking about getting my first Rolex for myself and the wife.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Hey, doesn't that means if we have friends coming here for tour, can ask them to get watch for us anywhere in S'pore(but we pay), then at the airport, they claim back the GST, and pass back to us, cost savings of minimum 7% then???
                    Current babies:
                    Sub 16610LN D series
                    PAM 312 M series
                    IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
                    116613LB?
                    a good White dial watch

Comment

Originally posted by kadios View Post
                      Hey, doesn't that means if we have friends coming here for tour, can ask them to get watch for us anywhere in S'pore(but we pay), then at the airport, they claim back the GST, and pass back to us, cost savings of minimum 7% then???
                      Ha. Not so easy. They need to bring the watch out of the country to get the refund. How to pass to you? Send back? Risk, freight plus gst = pay even more.
                      If your method works, LV and Hermes queue double everyday.

Comment

If circumstances allow, I think it can work. For example, you have a few friends who travel often and mostly for short trips over work. They can get the item(s) out from and back to the country within days. I have few relatives and friends who often travel frequently in such manner but none I am close with..
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

The easy way is buy the watch yourself before departure, pick it up when you are back and you still enjoy 7 % gst rebate.
                          Changi airport store does allow this practice and you won't pay for gst, but if you decide to buy upon arrival, you have to pay 7 % gst on top of whatever listed price in the store.
                          The only things I am not sure is does ICA levy gst on your purchase if they happen to spot it.

Comment

ICA? As in Immigration & Checkpoint Authority?? I thought this is under the purview of Customs???
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

government body 1 family ma,bao ka liao.haha..
                              累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X