Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Polishing of GMT

Hi all bros,

Just a curious question, if i buy a GMT IIc and would like to polish off the shiny surface to matt as it reduces scratch visibility, can it be done? If so where can i do it?

Thanks in advance!

It is called brushed finish... any reputable watchmaker i believe can do it, but the biggest issue is whether Rolex Singapore can accept your watch to be serviced in the future without changing back to original polished finish

Comment

Originally posted by chalib View Post
      It is called brushed finish... any reputable watchmaker i believe can do it, but the biggest issue is whether Rolex Singapore can accept your watch to be serviced in the future without changing back to original polished finish
      I think they will still accept lah....

Well don't advise though...it's meant to be shiny..just leave it. Looks odd if you change it.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Personally, I like the shiny center links. Gives the bracelet a 2 tone effect. At times, the center links will appear darker than the side links which I think is rather cool. Of course it is a scratch magnet but that is part and parcel of wearing a watch. End of the day, I think a watch with scratched shiny center links will fetch a better resale as compared to one that is converted to Matt finish. The converted Matt links will not be able to regain the polished shine done at factory via automation.

Well, watch is yours (or soon to be yours). There are websites with step by step DIY using the green Scotch Brite or do a search on this forum for the numerous places to polish the watch.

The choice is yours. ;-)

Comment

Thanks all bros, guess i will go for the Sub C instead! haha .

Comment

Originally posted by gt77 View Post
            Now that's a SMART move!!! Why bother to matt finish the shiny bracelet of the GMT when you can get the original matt look from the Sub!!!

Anyway, I'm a Sub supporter!!!
            Current
            ------------
            SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
            SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
            SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by gt77 View Post
              That was my decision too....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X