Does this Rolex look authentic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this Rolex look authentic?

Hi.... saw this Rolex for Sale. Based on the pictures, can the seniors here advice if the watch and the certificate look authentic? Many thanks.

nothing fishy from what i can see. at what price is it being offered at?
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

The way the picture is taken...and the kinda colour is very...american style. Hahaha...

No issues with the watch but where you buying from? From my prediction...it's likely to be an american site selling preowned watches? The picture of the watch tells me it's not very fair priced. (Just me and my crazy analysis)

Share the price thanks...maybe I am wrong hahah

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Yup. It's American alright. The list price is US$8200. A bit high.

But I am just curious of the watch's authenticity. The 12 hour sub-register at 6 O'clock position rests at 1pm instead of 12pm, wonder if that indicates any issues that requires servicing. The certificate is also slightly different from some that I have seen... specifically... I thought it is suppose to have the series number spelled out in small holes puncture like passport? No??

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan289 View Post
          Yup. It's American alright. The list price is US$8200. A bit high.

But I am just curious of the watch's authenticity. The 12 hour sub-register at 6 O'clock position rests at 1pm instead of 12pm, wonder if that indicates any issues that requires servicing. The certificate is also slightly different from some that I have seen... specifically... I thought it is suppose to have the series number spelled out in small holes puncture like passport? No??
          Oh..the sub dials ah...that's not an issue lah. You be able to see if the watch needs servicing by just looking at the picture.

US certs are different...have their own style. Only US and Japan have their "own" certs which are different from the rest...I stand corrected though...but that's from what I observe. Maybe their market bigger so Rolex did something or that particular market that's different from the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            Oh..the sub dials ah...that's not an issue lah. You be able to see if the watch needs servicing by just looking at the picture.
            Err... so from the picture... does the watch need servicing? Why is the sub-dial not an issue? Kindly educate. Thank you.

Comment

Err... so from the picture... does the watch need servicing? Why is the sub-dial not an issue? Kindly educate. Thank you.
              Why make yourself so trouble? Just buy from local to save all the trouble.

Comment

Without opening the watch how do we know it will need servicing? Its like looking at a car from the outside, and asking if it needs to be serviced anot.
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  Without opening the watch how do we know it will need servicing? Its like looking at a car from the outside, and asking if it needs to be serviced anot.

Err... if you read the posts properly... my question was because the previous post says you can tell if the watch needs servicing just by looking at the pictures. Unless it was a typo and he wanted to say I can't tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanloh View Post
                    Why make yourself so trouble? Just buy from local to save all the trouble.
                    I also know... but can't find this watch with certificate in Singapore. If I had a choice, why would I even bother to consider taking the risk?

Comment

Ehhh paiseh missed out the won't be able. Type too fast.

I meant when the timing on the sub dial is sitting at 1pm...doesnt mean that it needs servicing

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        Ehhh paiseh missed out the won't be able. Type too fast.

I meant when the timing on the sub dial is sitting at 1pm...doesnt mean that it needs servicing
                        Oh I see. No worries.

As for the sub-dials... I am just worried that it does not reset properly. I have a Tag which resets one of the hands at 11 O'clock instead of 12. The owner says he will have it checked out. We'll see.

Comment

sorry ryan289. i read to interpret as "can tell whether the need to service purely by looking at the watch" me hope you have x-ray eyes. just like at the airport
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X