Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide : Buying Rolex in USA

Hi All,

My sister will be going US for some business trip.
    Im been eyeing on a few rolex model.
    Black Sub (With Date and Steel Bazel)
    DJ - 116234.
    If buy from local is around 8k plus. Not sure if is worth while to but from US. Looking at tax rebate and cheaper US dollar.
    Am i able to get those 2 model cheaper?

Please advice.

Thank You.
    JLC Master Calendar

Unlikely cheaper. I've so far not heard of ROLEX watches, or in fact, branded watches being cheaper in the US. Check out the exact prices here before you make any commitment in the foreign land.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

You will have to pay 7% GST when you bring the watches back to Singapore. Unless you are lucky......

Comment

I have bought watches from Hong Kong, Australia and Japan but each time only buy one never paid GST before. The last time suitcase was checked by custom they saw the watch but did not say anything.

I think if you buy few watches of the same model and it is discovered the custom may require you to pay the GST.

Originally posted by wjunkie View Post
        You will have to pay 7% GST when you bring the watches back to Singapore. Unless you are lucky......

Comment

Originally posted by weetien View Post
          Hi All,

My sister will be going US for some business trip.
          Im been eyeing on a few rolex model.
          Black Sub (With Date and Steel Bazel)
          DJ - 116234.
          If buy from local is around 8k plus. Not sure if is worth while to but from US. Looking at tax rebate and cheaper US dollar.
          Am i able to get those 2 model cheaper?

Please advice.

Thank You.
          With the low USD currencies of late, rolex watches might be cheaper there.
          Please do share with us your findings bro. Thanks

Comment

I was there during a recent trip and saw at the airport DFS that the price of a Omega PO is 3065 USD. Did not really ask whether got any discount but taking into account exchange rate of 1.3 SGD to 1 USD, i would think that is quite a good deal considering list in singapore is 5.5k (Pls dun flame me if i got the list price wrong). I would think u might be able to get rolex cheaper there if u take a look

Comment

buying a Rolex in the USA?

does any souls here have any experience buying Rolex from the USA?

Is it more expensive to buy a rolex in Honolulu, Hawaii?

If the Rolex I buy develops problems in the first few days, will the shop exchange a new one for me?

Comment

Originally posted by funkycatspangky View Post
                does any souls here have any experience buying Rolex from the USA?

Is it more expensive to buy a rolex in Honolulu, Hawaii?

If the Rolex I buy develops problems in the first few days, will the shop exchange a new one for me?

Prices differs from state to state and shop to shop, maybe you will get a better deal than SG...maybe not. It's hard to say though.

Well, so far I hardly heard of new Rolex having problems but if unfortunately there is, you can bring to any RSC in the world to fix it.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

will the RSC charge me to fix it?

Comment

The US has never been known to have a 'better' price to buy a ROLEX watch. Worse, Hawaii. Why? Anything you buy from Hawaii will be more expensive than the US (not just watches) because Hawaii is an island away from the mainland (the US) and all, if not most of the items you can buy there comes from the US. What do you think?

As for problem you may face on a genuine ROLEX watch, you need not worry too much because it comes with international warranty and you can approach any service centres in any parts of the world to service the watch.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      The US has never been known to have a 'better' price to buy a ROLEX watch. Worse, Hawaii. Why? Anything you buy from Hawaii will be more expensive than the US (not just watches) because Hawaii is an island away from the mainland (the US) and all, if not most of the items you can buy there comes from the US. What do you think?

As for problem you may face on a genuine ROLEX watch, you need not worry too much because it comes with international warranty and you can approach any service centres in any parts of the world to service the watch.

if u buy a brand new rolex watch in singapore, how do u know that it is 100% brand new and not a problem set from a previous user?

does a brand new rolex watch have some tag that if unbrocken, will identify that it is 100% brand new?

Comment

Do you mean from AD or PI or private seller? If it is from an AD or reputable PI, I do not think there's any concern. Brand new means brand new. If it is from a private seller, then it is hard to determine. I do not think a new ROLEX watch comes with any "security seal" of sort, that can confirm the watch to be brand new. Only the warranty card/paper (of the watch) will tell you.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Even from AD also not 100% brand new. Everyday, thousands of people walk in and try on rolex. Do you think all those who try on the watch buy them?

Unless, you already pre-book a particular watch and paid for. Then, the AD will keep it sealed when it gets in and hand to you.

Comment

Sometimes...cannot be unreasonably picky. As long as watch has no scratches and looks new. I will perceive as it's new.

Who knows if the sales person wore it on his wrist behind the store and play around with it? I don't know...but as long visually it says new to me...then yeah I will take it as it is.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Exactly what I am trying to imply.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              Sometimes...cannot be unreasonably picky. As long as watch has no scratches and looks new. I will perceive as it's new.

Who knows if the sales person wore it on his wrist behind the store and play around with it? I don't know...but as long visually it says new to me...then yeah I will take it as it is.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X