Help. Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help. Need advice

Found 1, 16610 Sub M series without cert, box and etc. Watch outlook condition very new. Selling for SGD 6400 from a pre owned shop. Salesman told me that they will gurantee 1 year for mechanism fault.

Agree on fully refund if RSC verified any part of the watch is fake. Should i buy or not?
    Rolex Submariner 16610 M
    Tag Formula 1 WAC1110.BA

u will need to ascertain the reputation of the preowned shop.
    i think its a good price and if they ok to refund....and M series, can buy.

Comment

Thanks coopster9 but without box and cert is it ok? They have 2 outlets. their reputation in market i am not very sure.
      Rolex Submariner 16610 M
      Tag Formula 1 WAC1110.BA

Comment

$6400 M serial 16610, without cert is a NO go for me.

With that budget, you will definately be able to secure a similar piece, with cert.

Cheers!
        [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Agree with Caeden.

Look around further. There are some reasonable offerings on the garage in this forum.

Cheers!

Originally posted by caeden View Post
          $6400 M serial 16610, without cert is a NO go for me.

With that budget, you will definately be able to secure a similar piece, with cert.

Cheers!
          -----------------------------------------
          ...in pursuit of the next crown...
          -----------------------------------------

Comment

Thats up to you...but personally I would prefer box and cert.

Try and bargain some more. Also check if they have a buy back policy...

When i buy, i always keep in mind that it wont be my last purchase with seller..tell them that and see if they are ok to lower...but i agree you can get better deals from ROC garage...look around first, no hurry to buy unless you are smitten by that particular piece.

Wanna PM me on the details of the store..?

Comment

Originally posted by berdsc View Post
              Thanks coopster9 but without box and cert is it ok? They have 2 outlets. their reputation in market i am not very sure.
              Well expect a M case date could be from 2007 if so, the papers or card are just that, a bit of paper or card, as the warranty has now expired.The most important thing is getting a genuine watch, and not a bit of out of date paper, the papers are the easiest to fake.As for the box well its just a box, and not the best watch packaging box considering the price paid for watch.Now if you buy the watch and when service is due the will get Rolex service papers, plus a two year warranty from Rolex.Afraid today many put to much enthuses on a bit of paper/card and box,the most important thing is a genuine watch.

Comment

Originally posted by daytona 6263 View Post
                Well expect a M case date could be from 2007 if so, the papers or card are just that, a bit of paper or card, as the warranty has now expired.The most important thing is getting a genuine watch, and not a bit of out of date paper, the papers are the easiest to fake.As for the box well its just a box, and not the best watch packaging box considering the price paid for watch.Now if you buy the watch and when service is due the will get Rolex service papers, plus a two year warranty from Rolex.Afraid today many put to much enthuses on a bit of paper/card and box,the most important thing is a genuine watch.
                I do agree with you to a certain extent...

But he is considering a 3 year old piece, not a 30 year old piece.

$6400 is just about market valuation, for a 3 year old piece with box and papers...

Anyway, why would a 3 year old piece be naked, without it's box and papers? Just some food for thought...

Cheers!
                [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

I believe there are still many people out there who buy a watch and discard the box and paper/card, or misplace them somewhere. We are (still) only a small community of watch enthusiasts here who know how and what to cherish and keep. Three years may not be long but it ain't too short too (to lose items one finds of less importance). Three days/weeks may be a little exaggerated; three years is highly possible. Where then do you think those extra watch boxes and accessories that pre-owned watch shops/dealers are selling come from?

IMHO, the $6.4K for a 'M' Submariner at current market is a little high. I was quoted this same amount for a pre-owned 'M' Submariner with box & papers (full, local set) from a shop in early 2009. So you make your own calculation.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Now reduced to sgd6250. The watch still have the printed mark on th side wall, sorry as I have no idea what is the mark call. I tried to look around can't really found anyone cheaper than it. Rolex garage the price is almost there.
                    Rolex Submariner 16610 M
                    Tag Formula 1 WAC1110.BA

Comment

[Buy back in within a year from the price I purchased deduct 20%

QUOTE=coopster9;356401]Thats up to you...but personally I would prefer box and cert.

Try and bargain some more. Also check if they have a buy back policy...

When i buy, i always keep in mind that it wont be my last purchase with seller..tell them that and see if they are ok to lower...but i agree you can get better deals from ROC garage...look around first, no hurry to buy unless you are smitten by that particular piece.

Wanna PM me on the details of the store..?[/QUOTE]
                      Rolex Submariner 16610 M
                      Tag Formula 1 WAC1110.BA

Comment

i think the sticker is still intact...thats why you can see a tiny barcode thingy?

Comment

If there's a tiny barcode does this mean the watch is rarely used. From my understanding the barcode will fake out after a while you wear your watch.
                          Rolex Submariner 16610 M
                          Tag Formula 1 WAC1110.BA

Comment

Originally posted by berdsc View Post
                            If there's a tiny barcode does this mean the watch is rarely used. From my understanding the barcode will fake out after a while you wear your watch.
                            That is the barcode of your watch, it is actually a sticker... It will peel off after the watch got contact with the water a few time... So you can just peel it off or let it drop of by itself...
                            Current:
                            No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                              That is the barcode of your watch, it is actually a sticker... It will peel off after the watch got contact with the water a few time... So you can just peel it off or let it drop of by itself...
                              The way you described sounds like the umbilical cord ..
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X