Career as a sales person in Branded Watch retail shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career as a sales person in Branded Watch retail shop

I have been thinking of switching career. I hv interest to work in branded watch shop like hour-glass, cortina etc due to passion for branded watches. Anyone can advise how is the pay package like? low fixed salary and high comission or vice versa? Thanks in advance

Not sure about the pay or commission but one thing i can hope to get better rate from you if you ever step into this line.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanloh View Post
      Not sure about the pay or commission but one thing i can hope to get better rate from you if you ever step into this line.
      You win liao lor . Act so fast .

I believe there are watch sales person lurking in the forum. See how they respond to you.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by asiacup_2004 View Post
        I have been thinking of switching career. I hv interest to work in branded watch shop like hour-glass, cortina etc due to passion for branded watches. Anyone can advise how is the pay package like? low fixed salary and high comission or vice versa? Thanks in advance
        Just like most sales jobs...more of commission.

I guess?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Many of the SA don't know enough about the watches. If you hang around here for 6 months, you would probably more than qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

I believe there are watch sales person lurking in the forum. See how they respond to you.
            who? who is the one?

close mountain 6 mths here and all other forums and books and mags.
            beat many sa in knowledge. give us good rate in the dark side.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

i wont be able to advise you on the pay package. however, there are other things that you will need to consider.

1) ability to learn
              2) ablility to handle customers
              3) ability to work in team
              4) ablility to work under pressure
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

wahh! i'm interested too..been thinking switching to this line since last year..dun really mind abt the salary package..need to know how to qualify to be in the industry..

Comment

Like all sales job, you must enjoy selling things. Interest in watches is a separate issue from selling. In selling, you must be prepared to face rejections and nasty people, and take these things in your stride. Do consider seriously, it's a career you are talking about, once u "change lane, you may not know if the U turn can bring you back to where you were previously". Just my 2 cents worth...
                  Current babies:
                  Sub 16610LN D series
                  PAM 312 M series
                  IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
                  116613LB?
                  a good White dial watch

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    i wont be able to advise you on the pay package. however, there are other things that you will need to consider.

1) ability to learn
                    2) ablility to handle customers
                    3) ability to work in team
                    4) ablility to work under pressure

your absolutely right bro - need to have passion and abilities

Comment

I am prepare to change lane because I am tired of being a sales manager in the same industry for 10 years. Right now, passion is the key factor. Dun mind suffer a paycut and be a WATCH salesman but enjoy what u are doing. Money is not everything. What is the point of drawing high salary but u r not happy.... Don u guys think so?

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Not much respond leh.

Comment

if you have a family but dont need to put bread and butter on the table, then by all means switch industry. im just being realistic. i may not have the passion in the work i do, but if the work im doing gives me enough to put bread and butter on the table, i will continue.

in such a bad economy state that we are in currently. i rather be safe.

I am prepare to change lane because I am tired of being a sales manager in the same industry for 10 years. Right now, passion is the key factor. Dun mind suffer a paycut and be a WATCH salesman but enjoy what u are doing. Money is not everything. What is the point of drawing high salary but u r not happy.... Don u guys think so?
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Discount incentive aside, I'd rather give the sales commission to a WIS than to some salesperson who can't explain the unique qualities of a watch I'm intending to buy - or be bothered to even try and learn! So there's another incentive for letting the community know if you do decide to enter the watch business

Comment

Hi, can I be your new best friend? Haha...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X