Queries about buying a pre-owned watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
    If indeed you want to check, just bring a strong torch light and shine at it at a dark corner in the shop. But I think the shop people will be quite amused by this because not many people bring torch light to buy rolex.

Anyway, if watch is not too old, luminous will not disappear so fast. The other thing is, I have never heard of the new style dials being relumed. At least I have not seen those.
    i bring eyeloupe to check before buying
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

have a read one of the threads

Threadstarter,

read this, may have some useful information.

after reading, you may want to post your relevant questions in the right thread.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Bro, best advice !

t ;-)

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
        a. Better buy with papers, because if you want to sell later, the buyer will ask the same questions you are asking now. Very troublesome. No need to authenticate unless you do not know the dealer well or if the dealer has a bad reputation in the market. In the first place, if the dealer has a doubtful reputation, I am sure you will not want to buy from that dealer.

b. When you buy a used Rolex, you usually have to bear the cost of servicing. You are after all buying a used watch. However, if there is something seriously wrong with the watch, say the Rotor is damaged or something, I think the seller has an obligation to compensate you, especially when he/she claims watch was in good working condition when it was sold to you.

c. Stolen watches will of course be confiscated by RSC. When I buy from dealers, I insist on them putting the case number on the receipt to protect myself. If any dealer sold you a stolen watch and you have the receipt to prove it, the police will be looking for them, not you. But it could take some time before you get your money back. So, the golden rule is to only buy from shops or collectors with good reputation.

d. The rule of thumb is always to buy something at the correct price. If something is too cheap, it is usually fishy. Unless of course, the person selling the watch needs the money badly and don't mind losing money on the watch.

My 2 cents.
        I ain't a watch collector.
        To me, collector is profound, he/she has to have repeater, tourbillon, perpertual calender etc...
        I'm just a junk watch accumulator ;-)

Comment

Bro, pm Bro Reborn... he's an astute collector..nice gentleman w/ immense Rolex knowledge...won't go wrong, acqauint with him

have a nice weekend,
          Terence ;-)

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
          Hi brothers,

This is my first time and I have decided to purchase a 14060M from a 2nd hand dealer in Singapore.
          This piece is without any papers. I have a few questions in my mind that I would like to see if anyone can help

1. I will be doing an authentification at RSC at my own cost. What is the procedure? Will I be getting any black and white from them?

2. If RSC inform me that the watch requires any repair or services, do I bring the watch back to the dealer or do I just have the bear all services and repair charges by myself just because I am not getting from AD?

3. If the watch is report stolen before at RSC, will I be getting the watch back? What will happen?

Thank you guys for reading and giving this inexperience lad a hand.
          I ain't a watch collector.
          To me, collector is profound, he/she has to have repeater, tourbillon, perpertual calender etc...
          I'm just a junk watch accumulator ;-)

Comment

Thank you guys. i just collected the 14060M.

Very happy with it.

Comment

Thank you guys. i just collected the 14060M.

Very happy with it.
              Great...I will be even happier if you give pics

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

here you go..

I find it very difficult to take nice pics.. anyone have any pointers about taking pics?
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice watch thre !
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

here you go..

I find it very difficult to take nice pics.. anyone have any pointers about taking pics?
                    Good enough at least it's clear can liaos

and...nice watch!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X