No announcement yet.

Time to get a Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone. Been serving this forum the last 2 days and am getting hooked... Serious poison... Cancer already...

For a everyday watch, and I wear LS shirt on work days, seems like the submariner or the daytona would be my choice. But daytona does not come with dates, and I need them, that leaves me with only the submariner.

So far, I see that the submariner cost about 6.2k in the rolex garage here but I do not know what to look out for... What are the different series that was mentioned? Does it refer to the manufactured dates???

Comment

Originally posted by Watch View Post
      Thanks everyone. Been serving this forum the last 2 days and am getting hooked... Serious poison... Cancer already...

For a everyday watch, and I wear LS shirt on work days, seems like the submariner or the daytona would be my choice. But daytona does not come with dates, and I need them, that leaves me with only the submariner.

So far, I see that the submariner cost about 6.2k in the rolex garage here but I do not know what to look out for... What are the different series that was mentioned? Does it refer to the manufactured dates???
      It's alright...most of us here are hooked too Welcome to the club...and like the song Hotel California says...

"You can checkout any time you like,
      But you can never leave! "

Yeah series refers to the manufacturing dates.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

For your reference

R000001 .........................1987
        L000001 .........................1989
        E000001 .........................1990
        X000001 .........................1991
        N000001 .........................1991
        C000001 .........................1992
        S000001 .........................1993
        W000001 .........................1994
        T000001 .........................1996
        U000001 .........................1997
        A000001 .........................1998
        P000001 .........................2000
        K000001 .........................2001
        Y000001 .........................2002
        F000001 .........................2003
        D000001 .........................2005
        Z000001 ..........................2006
        M000001 ..........................2007
        V000001 ..........................2008

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
            ...chrono quite useless.
            chronograph can be fun and useful.

i time my sleep. i time the duration needed to get from place to place.

i time parking coupon/gantry. i even time traffic signals...!

as for the lack of date... it's not a deal breaker - you can get the date/day off someone else or from your cell phone.

over time, most people get used to it. just don't assume that because it has no date, it is supposedly less "worthy".

however if you're SURE you cannot live with a date (eg, past experience with a date-less watch), then by all means, strike it off your list.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

i like the list of things that you time i have to admit though, like you i also time traffic signals, only on a less accurate scale, and based on gut feeling
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies. Keep your comments coming. Especially Darkangel, with the series. Noticed that they tried to start with ROLEX but missed out the O for obvious reasons. After that, it is greek to me...

I am now on the look out for a submariner with date, but still trying to figure out which one suits me best. There are plenty of options, the green bassel, the full green (hulk?), the blue with gold, or the classic black, again there are some with white dates.... and the list goes on and on... but I believe this is part of the fun, the process in selection and searching...

I am in no rush to get it now, but at the same time, better hurry before my wife sends me for chemotherapy.... how ah????

Comment

... but I believe this is part of the fun, the process in selection and searching...

I am in no rush to get it now, but at the same time, better hurry before my wife sends me for chemotherapy.... how ah????
                  the good (bad?) news is: the search continues even after you've bought a watch...
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies. Keep your comments coming. Especially Darkangel, with the series. Noticed that they tried to start with ROLEX but missed out the O for obvious reasons. After that, it is greek to me...

I am now on the look out for a submariner with date, but still trying to figure out which one suits me best. There are plenty of options, the green bassel, the full green (hulk?), the blue with gold, or the classic black, again there are some with white dates.... and the list goes on and on... but I believe this is part of the fun, the process in selection and searching...

Welcome bro.

Anyway you should go down and try it out!

Comment

Hi bro watch
                      AGREE with what you say bro , this forum really really serious poison ,since i start earn money until now almost 20over years never think before to buy any rolex watch but after join this forum within 5 days only i tio poison deep deep and get 1 of sub LV V series from nice bro here & deal yesterday at RSC.
                      01110.Rolex SS Submariner 16610LV .V Series
                      090911.Rolex GMT Master II C 116710 . G Series
                      230115.Audemars piguet ROO SIHH 2014 black /red :26470 I Series
                      28012015. Rolex GMT Master II TT
                      07022015 HUBLOT 541.NX.1170.LR
                      07052015 .Audemars piguet Panda H. Series

Comment

Good news . Share some pics with us if you can .
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Never too late or too early to reward ourselves..well done people..
                          Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by wfs View Post
                            Hi bro watch
                            AGREE with what you say bro , this forum really really serious poison ,since i start earn money until now almost 20over years never think before to buy any rolex watch but after join this forum within 5 days only i tio poison deep deep and get 1 of sub LV V series from nice bro here & deal yesterday at RSC.
                            SGROC is a great place eh....hehehe there's more to come trust me

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Good news . Share some pics with us if you can .
                              My First watch
                              01110.Rolex SS Submariner 16610LV .V Series
                              090911.Rolex GMT Master II C 116710 . G Series
                              230115.Audemars piguet ROO SIHH 2014 black /red :26470 I Series
                              28012015. Rolex GMT Master II TT
                              07022015 HUBLOT 541.NX.1170.LR
                              07052015 .Audemars piguet Panda H. Series

Comment

Originally posted by wfs View Post
                                Hi bro watch
                                Hi wfs,

Glad you got the watch you wanted. Yes, this forum has serious poison. Contracted cancer already and now wife insist that I go for chemotherapy. No surving of the forum, but she can't control when I am in office hahahaha...

Let's see if taxico is correct, that you will be searching for your next piece... hmm.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X