Rolex Submarine 116610LN vs Rolex Submarine 16610LV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Submarine 116610LN vs Rolex Submarine 16610LV

Went to a few AD and watch arena to look at this 2 watch today.

Was advice by the sales person to take 16610LV instead of 116610LN

Price Range offer for 16610LV $7700 to $8400 for this watch
    Price Range offer for 116610LN $9200 to $10200 for this watch

Which model will you all choose any advice from pro rolex lovers here?
    Any different except for the black ceramic bezel and the bracelet with Gildelock clasp.

Thanks

Other than the ceramic bezel and glidelock clasp you've mentioned, the other visible differences are blue lume, thicker lugs and horns on the case and the non-visible difference would be the parachrom-blu hairspring...

i already have the kermit and if i didn't have one and was made to choose between the two you mentioned, still would go for the kermit... not to say that i would not get the 116610LN sometime in the future, but its not on my list of priorities... ymmv, so just get what you like not what ppl tell you too...

Comment

The newer ceramic sub also spots the newer "SuperCase" with thicker lugs. Movement wise I think there's also a revision to the blue hairspring. The locking clasp is a two piece spring mechanism compared to the LV's single piece "friction" clasp. Any experts? Dun flame me......I also newbie. ;P

Comment

The glidelock is great.... really really useful

Comment

You know, just reflecting on the submariner - it used to be the "daily beater" Rolex sport watch that relatively affluent people would buy as a rough and tough watch of exceptional value because it is so well made. But now with the new submariner going at more than 10K, i wonder if people will wear it more like a luxury watch and it will cease to become the watch that you actually go diving in! So frankly in my opinion, if you want the submariner as a luxury time piece to shout about, the ceramic one is the choice although i think 10K could be better spent on the GMT or other watches. But if i really want a submariner, i would go for a used 16610 for about 6K and wear it for what it was intended - a rough and tough watch that will take almost every pressure but still look good and will probably last forever!

Comment

Can any expert explain how this "Glidelock" works ?
            Heard it acts as a fast adjustment for divers when they put on their suit.

Question: Does it mean I can adjust using this glidelock and share wearing the Sub with my wife who has a smaller wrist ?

Comment

Originally posted by project4492 View Post
              Went to a few AD and watch arena to look at this 2 watch today.

Was advice by the sales person to take 16610LV instead of 116610LN

Price Range offer for 16610LV $7700 to $8400 for this watch
              Price Range offer for 116610LN $9200 to $10200 for this watch

Which model will you all choose any advice from pro rolex lovers here?
              Any different except for the black ceramic bezel and the bracelet with Gildelock clasp.

Thanks
              Pl allow me to comment that your second question is a little way off, since you had seen (and should have compared) both the watches physically at Watch Arena? Or did I read you wrongly??

So comparison (physically) wise, you are at upper hand than some here (like me) who had not have the luxury to see, touch and feel both watches at the same time. And having said all that, you should be better able to make a preference already, right? So aesthetically (appearance & design), which one is your preference? I presumed also that you had tried both the watches on your wrist? Which one do you like better?

Both are beautiful ROLEX watches and any choice you make is a good choice. It all boils down to which one you like best.

Happy choosing
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Pl allow me to comment that your second question is a little way off, since you had seen (and should have compared) both the watches physically at Watch Arena? Or did I read you wrongly??

So comparison (physically) wise, you are at upper hand than some here (like me) who had not have the luxury to see, touch and feel both watches at the same time. And having said all that, you should be better able to make a preference already, right? So aesthetically (appearance & design), which one is your preference? I presumed also that you had tried both the watches on your wrist? Which one do you like better?

Both are beautiful ROLEX watches and any choice you make is a good choice. It all boils down to which one you like best.

Happy choosing
                Ya as a matter I have a hands on on this two model 116610LN and 16610LV at our local AD at people park

Service there was good they let you take your time to choose and touch the 2 watch

What I feel is that the 116610LN look a bit bigger and bit heavier than the 16610LV
                From far outlook of this 2 watches is abt the same
                Salesman at watch arena and people park advise me on 116610LV as it say is a gd watch at a gd price
                So now deciding whether to go for 116610LN @ $9200 or 16610LV @ $7700
                Cheers
                Thanks for all the members that have reply in this thread
                Hope other members can chip more advice or suggestion
                Price difference is $1500

Comment

buy wif ceramic material . wont scratch-oni crack crack jus replace cheapcheap 1K oni . steel bezel will scratch,wont crack. replace veli ex-100..

Comment

I had tried both subc, subLV or sub at the same time before too.

I dont fancy the new case and the lugs. But the clasp is a great improvement.
                    Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by project4492 View Post
                      So now deciding whether to go for 116610LN @ $9200 or 16610LV @ $7700
                      Maybe I make your buying decision easier. I'll buy the LV so only left the LN for you to decide.

I'm also hunting for a SubC and looking for deals below $9k (I'll try the airports and euro zone next month since travelling there for holidays). But $7.7k for the discontinued LV is very attractive. Is the LV 'V' series?
                      My Humble Collection :
                      PAM 320
                      Rolex Submariner Ceramics
                      Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

I am aiming at the 116610LN also. Can share where you got the price @ $9200? So far I asked a few ADs and they can only offer $9700.

Comment

Originally posted by Benleo81 View Post
                          I am aiming at the 116610LN also. Can share where you got the price @ $9200? So far I asked a few ADs and they can only offer $9700.
                          I think TS has already mentioned - in People's Park complex. So is is either THH or KHH.
                          My Humble Collection :
                          PAM 320
                          Rolex Submariner Ceramics
                          Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

Hi Tyongchi,

Thanks for replying. I asked them liao. But they quoted me at best 10k. So I dunno if I can ask for a better discount from them or not? The one that offered me $9700 is from Orchard.

Comment

Originally posted by Benleo81 View Post
                              $9200 from watch arena

They have no stock on that day when I visit them

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X