GMT II - F series or M series if both ar BNIB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raymond888 View Post
    My cousin in the US found a GMT II Pepsi series F and M in a US authorised dealer. Both are BNIB (yes, the F series is brand new - old stock from a reputable AD)

The F series is cheaper by USD700. Which one will you choose and why?

Offhand I would say the F, since it is a lot cheaper and it is brand new. The M is stick dial but not sure if 3185 or 3186 (let us assume it is 3185)

Your thoughts please. Cheers
    Buy the M-series only if it has a 3186 movement and the chapter ring.

Otherwise, get the F-series and save some $$$.

BTW, can you do a wiggle test?
    Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

thank you appreciate your comments...however varied, i think it all boils down to the fact that there is really no wrong decision if I chose to go for either one

meanwhile, am more bent on the F and i think i will go ahead and chase it

Comment

i will get both first and decide which one i prefer more if money is not an issue.

however, if im forced to choose, i will take the latter. this is because it is very hard to verify NOS items.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

true...another point to consider....

hmmm so confusing but am not worried about the authenticity of the F since it will be bought directly from a Rolex AD and not from a "third party"

buying the M in the US at list price of USD 5750 and selling it here might not be very lucrative considering GST will have to be paid on the shipment....only pepsi enthusiasts will consider it as the rest may just as well shell out an additional 1K and buy the new GMT2c

nevertheless, i will keep you posted

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X