Rolex Submariner faster by 6 second everyday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckhouse80 View Post
    My one is V series, comes with parachrome spring?
    i thought only the new ceramic subs came with parachrom blu springs...
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

any bro can confirm the v series come with parachrome spring?

Comment

I would think most, if not all, from late 2007 will come with blu springs. But I may be wrong. Just like some gmt pepsi comes with 3186, that was before ceramic gmt came out.
        Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
          If yours comes with parachrome spring, it should run slower for the start, this is meant to be.
          May I know why is that? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
            I would think most, if not all, from late 2007 will come with blu springs. But I may be wrong. Just like some gmt pepsi comes with 3186, that was before ceramic gmt came out.
            3135... ie, current 16610 movements, even the V/G/Alphanumeric series, have no blu parachrom spring.

daytona after 2001 (some 2000), blu parachrom.

3136 (ceramic sub/DSSD), blu parachrom.

3186 (not 3185), blu parachrom.

DD2 movement, blu parachrom.

the old method of "self regulating at night" is no longer effective. it works for the old movements (15xx, 30xx, etc), but not the newer ones, not especially the modern ones listed above with blue spring.

a way of telling how well regulated/built a watch is in (the lack of) positional variation... if you can self-regulate a modern rolex, your watch probably needs some work.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by sshark View Post
              May I know why is that? Thanks
              this is not known. what is known is that: prior to blue springs being installed, rolex watches run faster out of the box.

with a blue spring, it runs slower. i suspect it's part of the manufacturing/pre-COSC regulating process that has remained relatively unchanged, but as the new spring is of new material, it behaves differently from the old nivarox hairspring.

this process may change over time, or not. there is no way of telling when it comes to rolex.

as long as it's -4/+6 your watch is considered within specification.

if you want it very accurate, buy your own oyster opener, vibrograph and microstella tool.

or, pay a watchmaker to regulate your watch 3 times over the course of a week.

or, buy a high-freq quartz watch.

Comment

Thanks Taxico, your help here is awesome.

My new DSSD is running est -10 every day and I am thinking to get it regulated after it settles for a month.
                Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

just went to rsc, the lady told me +- 6 second should take average of 1 month not daily and they don't check the timing accuracy for customer...sian

Comment

That's odd, if they do not check accuracy then who does?
                    I had ever called rsc and the guy was so helpful to tell me to bring down if accuracy was compromised and will be free if still under warranty.
                    Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

They do check accuracy, I went there to check my watch before.... And it is free. But do not tell them it is only +6sec, tell them like 10sec and u have monitor for a few wks... Then i think they will check for u, cos 6sec is still within cosc range, no 1 will like to do a free job if they can avoid....
                      Current:
                      No More Liao...

Comment

i just told her can help to check time accuracy then she told me all these

Comment

Did you tell her your watch needed regulating as it is running fast?
                          Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

i told them can help to check for the time accuracy then immediately the lady said they dont do timing check

Comment

Perhaps it might had been a miscommunication as the request may not had been specific. If I were the girl, I would have taken that you wanted a timing check rather than a request for regulating as your watch is running fast.
                              Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

may be...i think have to bring there again. What should i tell them?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X