Rolex Submariner faster by 6 second everyday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Submariner faster by 6 second everyday

My V series Rolex Submariner faster by 6 second everyday, even within COSC standard (max +6). Any advice can sent to RSC for regulate? How much the charges? Thanks!

Within warranty period should be FOC I think?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

will they regulate for me since within cosc standard?

Comment

Yes
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

It's free within warranty period.
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

What is the accuracy you are expecting? I'd be happy if my watches are running at +6 a day.

Comment

my other non cosc eta movement watches at +1 to +4 only...hope sub can within this range

Comment

Originally posted by ckhouse80 View Post
                My V series Rolex Submariner faster by 6 second everyday, even within COSC standard (max +6). Any advice can sent to RSC for regulate? How much the charges? Thanks!
                In the world of mechanics, anything assembled of small parts gears cogs etc which are capable of maintaining 99% accuracy would be considered a very top end piece of machinery.Now when you think of your Rolex chronometer watch with a average accuracy of 99.994% IMHO thats a marvel.Accuracy is dependant on a quite few different variables,such as gravity the main one to over come, some watches might gain or loose more time if laid to rest in a single position. The Rolex balance wheel has been adjusted to compensate for losses and gains in different positions. An adjusted Rolex watch should perform overall within the cosc specification when worn throughout the day too a AVERAGE -4 to + 6 over 24 hours. If you remove your watch at night you may want to find the best position that will compensate for any beat drift while at rest.Temperature plus the working environment may have an impact on how accurate any watch operates. Temperature changes expand and contract many of the movement parts, changing the dimension and shapes - especially the balance wheel and hairspring. Today in modern Rolex watches most materials are designed to compensate for the changes and maintain a consistent beat rate. But this is generally not a problem unless the watch is constantly used in extreme weather environments and then if out of COSC spec could be corrected by very simple regulation for those extreme conditions.

It is important to understand that a new watch off the shelf may need a break-in period of a month or two so to settle in.Now this allows the watch to find its true beat rate and distribute the oils evenly around the moving parts. If you find your watch not to be as accurate as you would expect after the break-in period, there are generally two courses of action to take to increase the accuracy, both very minor in nature,but require any good competent watchmaker to do it.Now if your watch runs consistently too fast or too slow remember the keyword being consistent. The solution for the watchmaker would be to regulate the true beat rate accordingly plus or minus.Now this is a very simple and quick procedure achieved by turning Microstella adjustment nuts.And with the use of a time-measuring machinery a good watchmaker can accomplish this in a matter of minutes I just cannot understand why they send watches back to the RSC for such a simple task. Regulating is most probably one of the most common tasks for any watchmaker to do.Now when a watch is fast or slow or does not have a consistent rate, especially in different positions.Then the balance wheel needs to be adjusted further to compensate for the different positions. Although this too is a simple procedure, it does require a little more time to correct as each position needs to be monitored and adjusted carefully.But don't be in a hurry to get the back off for a few seconds either way its not life threatening to be a few seconds off COSC spec.

Comment

(btw, adjusting the micro-stella screws requires a special tool and not every watchmaker can competently adjust it without destroying the balance/spring/movement in the process. although most simply DON'T WANT to do it, despite the fact that the microstella balance is capable of superb precision, simply because it's too tedious/ley chey in their opinion!)

solution: wear an oysterquartz...!
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Recently, I was touring in Switzerland. Did a quick check on my V series Explorer I accuracy by the machine at Rolex service center. It is off by +10sec/day. Not enough time for servicing over there as I was in a tour group, fastest they need is 1 full day.

Is the servicing really required? This Rolex was bought new slightly more than one year ago only
                    Simplicity, an encapsulation of complexity.

Comment

How do you place your watch when you are not wearing?

From my understanding though yet to test it, pls see below,
                      If face up or crown up, you will add secs (usually +6 to +10)
                      If face down or crown down (usually +4 or less?)
                      Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

tested...still the same

Comment

If yours comes with parachrome spring, it should run slower for the start, this is meant to be.
                          Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

My one is V series, comes with parachrome spring?

Comment

yup.
                              Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X