I'm getting old...really....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting old...really....

Ok Im 30 this year and I have begun liking all Gold Rolexes, the 2 tone Sub and GMT IIc and the all Gold Sub is really really nice. But everyone around me keeps saying its not suitable for me at this age, so ugly, etc. But I really really like though. I won't be getting any new watches that soon anyways, but just thinking out loud in SG ROC about my new liking for Gold Rolex watches.

Im drooling all over the full yellow Gold Sub now.....
    Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
    Ok Im 30 this year and I have begun liking all Gold Rolexes, the 2 tone Sub and GMT IIc and the all Gold Sub is really really nice. But everyone around me keeps saying its not suitable for me at this age, so ugly, etc. But I really really like though. I won't be getting any new watches that soon anyways, but just thinking out loud in SG ROC about my new liking for Gold Rolex watches.

Im drooling all over the full yellow Gold Sub now.....
    dont listen to others,just b yourself.
    if u like the gold watches,go for it..
    it will really looked nice on u especially the bling bling solid gold rolex..
    a thick gold chain will be the perfect match with your gold watch....nice!

Comment

Originally posted by mingwen View Post
      dont listen to others,just b yourself.
      if u like the gold watches,go for it..
      it will really looked nice on u especially the bling bling solid gold rolex..
      a thick gold chain will be the perfect match with your gold watch....nice!
      Yeah I also think so, but no thick gold chain though. On a serious note however, I like yellow gold, it seems to be a warmer colour compared to SS or White Gold, etc. I should start saving up for my Gold Sub. Woohoo! Cant wait to get one!

Comment

Don't care what other people say! Just buy what you like! I bought my first DJ pink gold/SS at age 30! I have recently acquired a two tone YG/SS Oysterquartz and love it to bits.

Comment

my first rollie was a TT datejut from my sis when i was 29 (long time ago). Wore it regularly and proud of it.

sold it off recently and got my TT Sub. love it even more!! But i must say that i am indeed an uncle now
          My Current
          Rolex TT Sub 16613 Z (traded)
          Rolex SS Sub LV 16610 V (sold)
          Rolex oyster 6694 Sg Roc custom dial
          Rolex SS Daytona Black V (sold)
          Rolex Datejust 2 166333 V
          Rolex Explorer 2 White P (traded)
          Rolex Yachtmaster Z (traded)
          Rolex Milgauss GV V
          Pam 114 K

Wife Current
          Rolex Air King
          Rolex Milgauss White V

Wish list
          Rolex Sub 16619 WG
          Rolex Yachtmaster 2 YG

Comment

Go for it really beautiful watch I have tt sub C and a full gold gmtc 2 green dial , go go go look very diff from others.

Comment

Are you sure you can really heck care what other people look/say on you when you are wearing a full gold sub?

Comment

here's what happened to me:

i'm 29 this year, and used to work in a hectic environment where all my superiors are well paid. i usually wore a SS sub. i came back to singapore, and decided the sub was too flashy and went through a series of non-rolex watches.

then i quit my job and started rotating between a YG datejust and YG day date... and then my itch began... getting more pronounced every day.

i was about to buy a WG ceramic sub, but the first (and only) shop i went to did not have it in stock... so i held back and decided to sit on it for a while.

my plan now is as such: i've purchased a TT (black) 16613 sub - it's not arrived yet from USA. i'll wear it and see how i feel about TT... if i like it, i'll keep it and hopefully my FULL gold itch should be resolved. if i don't, i'll convert it into a modern gilt sub (changing all the YG parts to SS) and keep it...

then i'll buy a WG ceramic sub or WG day date (marginal difference)... probably pre-owned from outside singapore as it seems like a little too extravagant to blow so much money on a rolex...

BUT if i like TT, then i'll probably buy the TT GMT2c and still do the sub conversion anyway...!

now that i've typed it out, it seems like a very complicated plan. no wonder my wife usually shakes her head and asks whenever she sees a new watch on my wrist: AND HOW MANY YEARS WILL YOU BE WEARING THAT WATCH?
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Yes get what you want.

And yes you are getting old :P
                  Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I'm 30 too and i like gold watches , but of cos i still keep a few SS watches for daily use .
                    The feeling and weight of the watch is totally different.
                    Focal JM_Labs .
                    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                    Cartier Santos 100XL
                    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

I still don't see the correlation between aging and the colour gold . Go with your heart .
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks to all bros for the encouragement ! Ok now I must save up for my next gold rollie! Swee!!!

Comment

Looking forward to pictures already!
                          相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

Buy what you like. I started my watch journey when i was 16years old with 16233G, half gold DJ.
                            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

One more question, does diamond studded rolex look good when worn on a guy's wrist? Im getting to like those with diamonds also. I wont be buying anytime soon cos no more $$$ but just looking around. Looks damn swee!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X