Rolex Design flaw(s)? List here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    personal comfort level. my parents think that because they just splurged a few K on a watch, it is maintaince free , but we all know that it has to be serviced at one point in time.

me, seem to think that once you can "feel" the watch not performing properly and the crown starting to feel funny, then you should send it off to service.

alternatively you can just send to RSC on the pretext that you want to service, they will open and you can see how the mov't is ticking. also the staff will let you know if your watch is in "desperate" state of repair
    Traditional Rolex owner here....dun spoil dun service/repair. Simple as that...and that theory has been proven man.

Originally posted by mickey2006 View Post
    Hi guys, since the title of this thread is Rolex Design flaws..I ahve a question. How come the design of the ladies DJ is such that the sapphire glass is a little higher than the bezel? Wouldn't that subject the glass top to a lot of scratches, cracks, chipping etc from constant grazing and hits with other surfaces? Why don't they make it the same level? Is it because its better to wear out the glass top than the gold bezel? Cos my friend's galss top always go to RSC for service always ask her to change cos chipped, scratches, crack etc... Anyone? Waiting to hear from rolex gurus.....
    It's not a design flaw..it's made to be like that.

Well ALWAYS change means that guy is damn chor lor....sapphire glass can withstand quite a substantial amount of force caused by accident...by right normally it wouldnt chip or scratch.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I think Mickey has a good point... The sapphire can be "easily" scratched, I have sent in my Sub for servicing the other time, the RSC lady told me that my sapphire glass is scratched and asked me to change a new one. I asked her that aren't those sapphire glass supposed to be scatch proof and she told me that it is common that those sapphire glass are scratched...

But I think you need to hit it really hard to chip the sapphire glass...

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      It's not a design flaw..it's made to be like that.

Well ALWAYS change means that guy is damn chor lor....sapphire glass can withstand quite a substantial amount of force caused by accident...by right normally it wouldnt chip or scratch.

Comment

i worked in a supermarket and wore a DD , once i smacked my hands against the bag holders and it chipped the side. needless to say, i was quite pissed off for the whole day
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

So Rolex should invent something that is really scratch and chip proof....

I heard that the new ceramic bezel is scratch proof.. is it true??

i worked in a supermarket and wore a DD , once i smacked my hands against the bag holders and it chipped the side. needless to say, i was quite pissed off for the whole day

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            I think Mickey has a good point... The sapphire can be "easily" scratched, I have sent in my Sub for servicing the other time, the RSC lady told me that my sapphire glass is scratched and asked me to change a new one. I asked her that aren't those sapphire glass supposed to be scatch proof and she told me that it is common that those sapphire glass are scratched...

But I think you need to hit it really hard to chip the sapphire glass...
            Yeah it's not impossible of course...I scratched it before also,my phone's sapphire crystal haha..

It's not easy but not impossible...it's scratch resistant and not proof.

Comment

So Rolex should invent something that is really scratch and chip proof....

I heard that the new ceramic bezel is scratch proof.. is it true??
              ceramic properties have its soft spot. Hit it right and at the proper angle, and you will crack it, chip it, even smash it.

nothing is damage proof, it is only resistant to x(force/measurements/etc)

i once wore a rimless specs, and in the shower it fell off my face and onto ceramic tiles, it cracked internally so you can see what a difference a piece of wire would have made to the lens in this case.
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

YES! You're right! Nothing is damage proof even diamonds can be scratched and chipped. How? Try rub two diamonds together and you will see lots of scratch marks on them....

ceramic properties have its soft spot. Hit it right and at the proper angle, and you will crack it, chip it, even smash it.

i once wore a rimless specs, and in the shower it fell off my face and onto ceramic tiles, it cracked internally so you can see what a difference a piece of wire would have made to the lens in this case.

Comment

YES! You're right! Nothing is damage proof even diamonds can be scratched and chipped. How? Try rub two diamonds together and you will see lots of scratch marks on them....
                  I tried diamond and sapphire but no way m i trying diamond on diamond hahaha

You bathe with your specs on ah?

Comment

the most important thing is just take care and all is good. no need to baby it, just look after it.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      (...)
                      You bathe with your specs on ah?
                      used to, now i just put in a soap dish and bathe without them
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

used to, now i just put in a soap dish and bathe without them
                        Same...I feel it's very maf...your specs will get wet then hav to clean it

Comment

have to wash your specs anyway otherwise your nosepad becomes green
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

have to wash your specs anyway otherwise your nosepad becomes green
                            Oh mine always turn green 1...hahhaa...I dun care

Comment

dont you find it abit dirty?? i now switch specs between home/out of home. i cant stand green nosepads looks disgustng, and even worse if you have to leave it on the table, the person will think that you never look after
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

dont you find it abit dirty?? i now switch specs between home/out of home. i cant stand green nosepads looks disgustng, and even worse if you have to leave it on the table, the person will think that you never look after
                                I won't take it out unless I am cleaning it,bathing or sleeping. Other than that it doesnt come off. No choice la degree too high

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X