No announcement yet.

Rolex Design flaw(s)? List here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worse they call professional model, but if polish bracelet will sure come back looking terrible bad for me, bad for rolex
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Hi all bros, Rolex is not wrong about their Sport series are for the Professionals, because we are all not the Pro, so when wearing it for sport sure got scratches ma...

Just a suggestion for those who worry about scratches, wear a wrist band to protect it, or don't wear it at all loh... But what the use of buying a Rolex and don't wear it? so "Just Wear It", Rolex Service Centre is there to support us. .

Another suggestion is to wear a transparant wrist band fot 2 in 1, protect and see through, so that people know you wear a Rolex...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

that is right, but RSC will support you only as long as your wallet supports the service bill
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

If any main design flaw in Rolex, I think is design of Rolex Service Centre... Too ex for normal maintenance... as such I am quite reluctent to send my Rolexes for health check regularly. Each time about $500... "Xiong" I only send them in after 8 or 9 years of wearing..
          Last edited by tomcatf; 14-07-08, 10:52 AM.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
          SS SD,
          SS YM,
          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Good point! They should give us FREE service for the first time....

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
            If any main design flaw in Rolex, I think is design of Rolex Service Centre... Too ex for normal maintenance... as such I am quite reluctent to send my Rolexes for health check regularly. Each time about $500... "Xiong" I only send them it after 8 or 9 years of wearing..

Comment

it seems different forums (ie. group of people, different thinking, even on same brand/subject)

many here think that 5yrs is too "short" and can extend
              another forum believe 5yr must do and cannot skimp.

i used to be in the latter camp, now i am starting to believe that 5yr no need to do, as per my case with my 6694, after about 16yrs never service it still ticking as good as day1, physical appearance was another story altogether.
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Well, if I own just a Rolex, maybe every 5 years, as it is the only precious one I have. However, as the collection grow, the answer is which one?

It cost 1% to 15% of the value of watch to service, so it is more worthwhile to send expensive watches and not those below 5K for every 5 years check up.... to me a 8 / 9 years is good enough, because my collection is all cheap cheap watches...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                SS SD,
                SS YM,
                SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

personal comfort level. my parents think that because they just splurged a few K on a watch, it is maintaince free , but we all know that it has to be serviced at one point in time.

me, seem to think that once you can "feel" the watch not performing properly and the crown starting to feel funny, then you should send it off to service.

alternatively you can just send to RSC on the pretext that you want to service, they will open and you can see how the mov't is ticking. also the staff will let you know if your watch is in "desperate" state of repair
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Well, you have given me a spark , I will try next time.... but the SRC staff face will be long and black .

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                    SS SD,
                    SS YM,
                    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Hi guys, since the title of this thread is Rolex Design flaws..I ahve a question. How come the design of the ladies DJ is such that the sapphire glass is a little higher than the bezel? Wouldn't that subject the glass top to a lot of scratches, cracks, chipping etc from constant grazing and hits with other surfaces? Why don't they make it the same level? Is it because its better to wear out the glass top than the gold bezel? Cos my friend's galss top always go to RSC for service always ask her to change cos chipped, scratches, crack etc... Anyone? Waiting to hear from rolex gurus.....

Comment

Originally posted by mickey2006 View Post
                        Hi guys, since the title of this thread is Rolex Design flaws..I ahve a question. How come the design of the ladies DJ is such that the sapphire glass is a little higher than the bezel? Wouldn't that subject the glass top to a lot of scratches, cracks, chipping etc from constant grazing and hits with other surfaces? Why don't they make it the same level? Is it because its better to wear out the glass top than the gold bezel? Cos my friend's galss top always go to RSC for service always ask her to change cos chipped, scratches, crack etc... Anyone? Waiting to hear from rolex gurus.....
                        All Rolex's crystal are higher than the bezel. If you found any that's is flush or lower... Fake.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                        SS SD,
                        SS YM,
                        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Yeah, tot so 2. Mine's above bezel.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

it has to be above the bezel otherwise the following will occur *IMO*:-

1) bezel will have insufficient "force" to hold on
                            2) your crystal will have to be very thin, thus breach of water may occur
                            3) your thickness of the watch will increase in order to achieve the "flatness"
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Then most watches shld follow this principle in their design n build?
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                                Then most watches shld follow this principle in their design n build?
                                Then Rolex is like Seiko, Alba, Timax ... LOL I will be the 1st to go IMH... because Rolex will be worthless....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                                SS SD,
                                SS YM,
                                SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...