Rolex Design flaw(s)? List here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Design flaw(s)? List here...

I always notice some design flaw(s) from top brand watches and that's the notice for improvement in their upcoming models.

If you find any design flaw(s) from your Rolex, please list here...

Let me start 1st lah...

I noticed my Rolex' screw-down crown doesn't "level" when tightened. It is always tilted or even upside down and not nicely "level". I noticed most of the pictures taken from side of the any Rolex by catalog, magazines, books, etc always have crown nicely level but it is not the case in real life....

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    I noticed my Rolex' screw-down crown doesn't "level" when tightened. It is always tilted or even upside down and not nicely "level". I noticed most of the pictures taken from side of the any Rolex by catalog, magazines, books, etc always have crown nicely level but it is not the case in real life....
    means u have too much time on yr hands bro...
    Rolex GMT Master 1675 16750 16760 16700
    Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
    Submariner 16610LV 16613
    Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

it is nice to see rolex is noticing that their product is not perfect and trying to fix it , considering the price we pay, i think they can afford to sit down and take a nice look
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

So far..the only brand that i feel has perfected design is Rolex. never has ANY flaws....well there maybe some exceptional cases once in awhile..but usually...nope. It was made in such a manner that it will be PERFECT.

JMO

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

personally, I think the DSSD is a TOTAL design flaw..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
          - GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
            Well ok...besides this yr's design of course...there was something wrong with the designer's brain and he decided to screw up their 100th year

Comment

wait wait... before the thread goes further.....

does the TS mean design flaws as in watch design - aesthetics....

or

design flaws as in QC control - imperfections......?
              Rolex GMT Master 1675 16750 16760 16700
              Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
              Submariner 16610LV 16613
              Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                make rolex company look like idiot
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Thanks for the quesiton, ricnas1

My intention is to let people to raise any issues they are not happy with Rolex's design and things that can be improved in the future.

As for my example, I personally prefer the screw-down crown to be "redesign" so that the "Rolex crown" will "level" everytime the crown is tightened.

Also some of friends also find that the new polished bracelet can be easily scatched compared to the old one.

Originally posted by ricnas1 View Post

or

Comment

Hi 116520,

I've actually brought this up during my infant stage in the forum, ie. "unlevelled crown" (as you are calling it). I hope not to get you wrong but you should be referring to the crown not upright at 12 o'clock position when fully screwed in right? If yes, I agree with you. As previously mentioned, it's like owning a Mercedes Benz with the emblem tilted.

In fact, seeing my watches, none of the crowns are upright except for my TAGHeuer. So simply, none (of these brands) cared! As for those you see in the ads, they are merely for show only. Try going around the watch shops and see it for yourself.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Adding to this...

Cases I've come across on ROLEX watches are:

1. One brand new white ExpII with the cyclops out of alignment. Was on sale
                      in one of the THG outlets.
                      2. One brand new SS Sub w/date found with a small, baby hair in the
                      case ! Was also on sale in one of the THG outlets.

Both incidents happened last year so I hope to rid off any potential worries .
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

means u have too much time on yr hands bro...
                        haha..meaning that must eat some banana go bomb toilet liao..

Comment

Thanks for the quesiton, ricnas1

My intention is to let people to raise any issues they are not happy with Rolex's design and things that can be improved in the future.

As for my example, I personally prefer the screw-down crown to be "redesign" so that the "Rolex crown" will "level" everytime the crown is tightened.

Also some of friends also find that the new polished bracelet can be easily scatched compared to the old one.
                          I cannot find any fault with Rolex. They are that good.

Anyway...the polished bracelet part. It's not that it gets scratched easily...it's just that the polished part makes the scratches more OBVIOUS that's all. But overall...the polished centre links look more classy

or

Oh yes...that's a very gd question I think he was not clear about that.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          Hi 116520,

I've actually brought this up during my infant stage in the forum, ie. "unlevelled crown" (as you are calling it). I hope not to get you wrong but you should be referring to the crown not upright at 12 o'clock position when fully screwed in right? If yes, I agree with you. As previously mentioned, it's like owning a Mercedes Benz with the emblem tilted.

In fact, seeing my watches, none of the crowns are upright except for my TAGHeuer. So simply, none (of these brands) cared! As for those you see in the ads, they are merely for show only. Try going around the watch shops and see it for yourself.

Ahhh....now we are getting it! Thanks for clarifying klassik....I finally got wad he meant.

Ok my answer to this is that...the crown will not be upright for all models...some yes some no. It's not a problem...and it's impossible to make it straight for all...coz when the put in...the crown,it is hand made la..not perfect 1..it's just that when the person puts it in..it will not definitely be straight facing up when he turns all the way in.

It's not a QC fault,it's just that u are too sensitive. Hahaha..my Tag 1 is upside down..my Rolex is tilted alittle bit. Adverts are meant to show the nicest part of the watch so it's definitely straight up.

Comment

agree with the point stated above. i do dislike polished bracelets, since i find them a bit yuck for practical use, but dress use, it is very nice
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Correct, I agree with you. Since Rolex classified them as "Sport" model, it should be made for practical use. On the other hand, those polished bracelets will be nice on other dressy models...

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              agree with the point stated above. i do dislike polished bracelets, since i find them a bit yuck for practical use, but dress use, it is very nice

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X