Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Anonymous

I m a Rolexo-holic.

Actually i m quite addicted to every thing that's expensive. I m interested in other expensive watches too, expensive cars, expensive home audio equipments, expensive leather products. I tell other people that expensive things are works of Art, and I appreciate the quality and the workmanship involved. I also tell them that these things got high resale value, and I m not really losing money.

My addiction started when I was 23 years old. My best friend was a miserable raffles boy who loves to buy things when he's unhappy. And every time he buys a new toy, he will shove it in my face. And he will sell it once he's sick of it. I started to copy his style too.

When I was 25, I was promoted and I got a big pay rise. Another friend of mine brought me to hourglass. He told me that I should get a good watch to celebrate. I bought an Omega seamaster on impulse. My spending habits also got promoted. Not long after, I got addicted to Rolex. It seemed like the pinnacle. It was old money. It was status symbol. It was also my birthday, and my friends egged me to get a TT Blue Sub. I yielded. It was euphoric.

I got under control for a while. That was when I spent my free time doing part time, and i was paid by the hour, and that made me realise that money was hard to earn. The more part time I did, the more thrifty I became.

Recently I m under stress again. I got my post grad exams coming. I hate spending hours studying. I feel like giving up. And my addiction is relapsing. I m spending hours looking at watches again. And my bonus is coming. This is not good. My savings will be affected this year if this keeps up.

Anyone want else here wants to share? U can start off by declaring u r a Rolexo-holic
    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

hello blue devil

I sold my assets to buy rolex ...does it get worse than that?

Comment

haha..i sold off my watches for my house..wad a irony...now can only oogle at nice pieces of members in here...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Some screening questions - CAGE questionnaire

1) Have you ever felt that you need to Cut down on your spending on Rolexes or other expensive watches?
        2) Have people every Annoyed you on your spending habits?
        3) Have you ever felt Guilty about buying your Rolex?
        4) Have you ever felt that you need to look at Rolex forums first thing in the morning (Eye-opener)?
        Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post

1) Have you ever felt that you need to Cut down on your spending on Rolexes or other expensive watches?
          4) Have you ever felt that you need to look at Rolex forums first thing in the morning (Eye-opener)?
          Yes to all
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

addicted to the brand as well as any timepiece, luckily no money, otherwise i will be in trouble
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

haha... yah, I realise that someday I might have to trade the watches in for a house.... but that's the upside right... having liquidatable assets.

Like my colleague traded in his 12 vintage motorbikes for his new home.

yah, the brand is well marketed... almost a lifestyle choice. I even have the rolex themesong as my ringtone.

That said, anyone know where to get rolex cufflinks? I'd like a pair.

Comment

cufflinks are oleh oleh from ADs. i have seen before at my AD they also got pocket knife, purse, bags , and a few others
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Most importantly, spend what you can afford, and not using future money.
                  Current

Rolex DSSD
                  Rolex SD
                  Pam 162
                  Pam 351
                  Tudor Hydronaut
                  Fortis 24hrs Automatic
                  Seiko Sumo Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                    haha... yah, I realise that someday I might have to trade the watches in for a house.... but that's the upside right... having liquidatable assets.

yah, the brand is well marketed... almost a lifestyle choice. I even have the rolex themesong as my ringtone.

Well personally I feel it's alright to trade watches for a house. It's worth it.

I used to have it as my ringtone...but ever since I changed to this lousy phone...I cannot use it coz the phone doesn't allow MP3 as sms tone

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post

Haha...

1) Yes I am doing that now
                    2) Yes
                    3) Nope
                    4) Hey...let me tell u. My com is on most of the time. And as long as it's on..I would be camping here. But I am different la..I was one of the founders here...so I am excused I start and end my day here...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

just do everything in moderation.. and using future money will only land you in big **** in the long run...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Reflection is the way to learn.

Spending money is not wrong totally, but to execute it as art, spend wisely is the winning success and way to get you rich, I begin to know the theory, hope that's not too late...

I want everything in life, but I can only affort some, again time and space and priority, I can only spend in that order, somehow, the list never gets shorten, as newer priority come and take lead, so spending got no ending, and constant reflection on how to be a smart spender.

Recently, I wanted to buy a road bike, the good one that comes titanium frame with high tech fitting that equal to a YM. But my wife said "me or the bike", so I chosed her with 3 pieces of rolex ....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                        SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                        SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                        SS SD,
                        SS YM,
                        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                          [...]
                          Recently, I wanted to buy a road bike, the good one that comes titanium frame with high tech fitting that equal to a YM. But my wife said "me or the bike", so I chosed her with 3 pieces of rolex ....
                          Wahaha.... Good choice bro! Remember that balance is the key to harmony!
                          Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post

You just gave me an idea! Need to go download the Rolex theme for my phone. :P

And yes, cashing in all my timepieces is definitely one of the things at the back of my mind should property valuations in Singapore become attractive enough. However, I doubt that would happen anytime soon. So meanwhile, I just enjoy wearing them.
                            Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

By patient my Bro, Bear is coming... when the Bull is about to take its flight...

As you can see, some property are down selling or prices can't hold water any more... But true in life is when is the bottom?

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                              SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                              SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                              SS SD,
                              SS YM,
                              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...