Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling in Warranty Card

Hi,

Just like to check, when you buy a rolex from AD here, eg Hour Glass, is it die die a must to fill in the particulars on the warranty card (or certificate), or has anyone manage to leave it unfilled?

i have to fill it in front of the salesman. will it affect anything so if i were to sell in future?

thanks

my sub from peninsula didn't require my details.. only date purchased is stamped.

my exp II from peoples park require that my name be written on the warranty card...

also dunno why the different practices by different ADs... any guru can shed some light?
    In The Bag
    Him
    Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
    Her
    Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
    Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Name is not impt though....but the date is more impt.

It wouldn't affect resale really much no worries about it. At the most $100-200 diff

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

my feeling is that leaving the name blank is not an issue. putting it there will also probably not affect the re-sale price. personally i prefer to see my name written on the card

on the other hand, the date is in the interest of Rolex...some prefer to leave it blank to "extend" the warranty period beyond 2 years from actual date of purchase. so unless you know the AD very, very well, I dont think they will allow it. or would anyone know if AD's actually report back to Rolex the serial numbers of sold timepieces?

Comment

Well...u can extend for a limited time also. Rolex are not stupid...u take P series and say u bought it 1 year ago....they are not gonna believe lor.

At the most u can drag is 1 year plus.....

No they dun report back I suppose. Because there are NOSs at ADs also....like the DJ models.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk
            My friend who works for AD in Switzerland says that all authorised dealers have to report sales to Rolex. Actually through your serial no they are able to tell when you purchase the watch and the actual owner.
            I stand corrected..
            I see I see...I am wrong in that case. But even if they know who is the actual owner,they dun really care when u bring go service...

Comment

my ad (oz and sg) dont care, just stamp date. i prefer they didnt stamp date, just chop AD stamp
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk
                My friend who works for AD in Switzerland says that all authorised dealers have to report sales to Rolex. Actually through your serial no they are able to tell when you purchase the watch and the actual owner.
                I stand corrected..
                Huh I dun think it's so resourceful la. Tis means tat there's a timeline for a ROLEX watch to be sold at the AD, or it is to be returned? I dun think so n I, too, stand corrected. Anyone knws if tis is so?

Thanks.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Ha ha.... just chop AD stamp? I don't think they will do that... I think all ADs will require to chop date at point of sales....

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  my ad (oz and sg) dont care, just stamp date. i prefer they didnt stamp date, just chop AD stamp

Comment

for some ADs...they've a computerized system tracking their sale and that includes the serial number, models and prices. this is in turn link to the various brands that are part of this system..

For example, FM only offers 1 year warranty and when u bought the watch..the info will be keyed into the system that is link to the brand. so, u can't lie to them if u send the watch in for servicing after the 1 yr warranty...

cheers

james
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                      for some ADs...they've a computerized system tracking their sale and that includes the serial number, models and prices. this is in turn link to the various brands that are part of this system..

For example, FM only offers 1 year warranty and when u bought the watch..the info will be keyed into the system that is link to the brand. so, u can't lie to them if u send the watch in for servicing after the 1 yr warranty...

cheers

james
                      Moral is ....dun try to tam this kinda pee things...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        Ha ha.... just chop AD stamp? I don't think they will do that... I think all ADs will require to chop date at point of sales....
                        I also think so, but i think if you are "vip" they might do it, otherwise you will be told NO.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          I also think so, but i think if you are "vip" they might do it, otherwise you will be told NO.
                          I think yea....it depends on the SA

Comment

Think u r right. I was infd tat ROLEX ADs here had to buy a certain amount (abt $2m worth) of ROLEX watches from them yearly. And to sell their watches, these ADs had to stick to their rules n conditions strictly, on how to display their watches in the shops, price-control, and etc. Mainly, the ADs must "show-off" the brand very prominently. Tats why if u observe, ROLEX always have their stand-alone counters in those shops.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Think u r right. I was infd tat ROLEX ADs here had to buy a certain amount (abt $2m worth) of ROLEX watches from them yearly. And to sell their watches, these ADs had to stick to their rules n conditions strictly, on how to display their watches in the shops, price-control, and etc. Mainly, the ADs must "show-off" the brand very prominently. Tats why if u observe, ROLEX always have their stand-alone counters in those shops.

Yup that's true...

I mean...well Rolex has to live up to it's name....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X