Increase in RSC Service Charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
    Is the 7 years if the watch is always worn daily ?

What is say the watch is worn 1 week per 2 months ? Do need still to service @ 7 years ?

Some advise me dun bother, just chalk in the drawer if not working and buy another one.
    To me 7yrs is just a guide... If after 7yrs n the watch is still keeping good time, i wont send it for servicing... Y ask for trouble when there is no trouble?? If after servicing, every 6month the time goes either faster or slower isit going to give u more prb even when there is 2yrs of warranty... Worst, after warranty period, they tell u must change this n that....
    Current:
    No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
      To me 7yrs is just a guide... If after 7yrs n the watch is still keeping good time, i wont send it for servicing... Y ask for trouble when there is no trouble?? If after servicing, every 6month the time goes either faster or slower isit going to give u more prb even when there is 2yrs of warranty... Worst, after warranty period, they tell u must change this n that....

Dear all
      after reading all ur comments. i began to worry if rolex really worth keeping a not. Servicing cost so much $$$.
      i think i must tik carefully before i really want to get a rolex which initially i thought of getting a 6-8K rolex for a start. now i m scare n worry.

sign..

Comment

Originally posted by johnny View Post
        Dear all
        after reading all ur comments. i began to worry if rolex really worth keeping a not. Servicing cost so much $$$.
        i think i must tik carefully before i really want to get a rolex which initially i thought of getting a 6-8K rolex for a start. now i m scare n worry.

sign..
        Nothing to be worry bro. Just get what u like now, servicing wont be needed until quite sometimes later... Moreover, u can alway look for those credited watchmaker outside to service for you. The end product is just as gd as service from RSC...
        Current:
        No More Liao...

Comment

If you are thinking of selling your watch, don't service thru RSC before selling - as it would be very difficult to recover this additional cost from the buyer. I am following the case of someone with a GMT trying to recover servicing cost through factoring $790into the price. Hopefully some kind soul will come along and help him out.

Comment

Originally posted by lolex kia View Post
            If you are thinking of selling your watch, don't service thru RSC before selling - as it would be very difficult to recover this additional cost from the buyer. I am following the case of someone with a GMT trying to recover servicing cost through factoring $790into the price. Hopefully some kind soul will come along and help him out.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by johnny View Post
              after reading all ur comments. i began to worry if rolex really worth keeping a not. Servicing cost so much $$$.i think i must tik carefully before i really want to get a rolex which initially i thought of getting a 6-8K rolex for a start. now i m scare n worry.
              you must also think about for how long would you want to keep the rolex watch for...
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Just went to the RSC today to service my YG men's Yatchmaster. The sweet malay lady looked at it and said, "This is a sports model and the service package price is $890." Gulp!!!! Then it was sent to the valuer for an estimate to see if other parts need changing etc. 15 minutes later, I was called to the reception and was told that the total price is $1160!!! This is because, the bezel is tarnished and has to be refurbished. No choice, so agreed to it.

Yes, the price increase was in Feb this year and it will rise again next year.
                And they throw in a 2y international warranty for your serviced Rolex.
                Wishlist :
                AP Novelty RG
                AP Lebron James
                AP Schumi

Comment

Heh! Tx for sharing this information with us
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Banker View Post
                    J...This is because, the bezel is tarnished and has to be refurbished. No choice, so agreed to it...
                    you mean they force you to change the bezel? last time, i remember i said, just service the mov't and leave everything else alone and they did just that.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

No, they didn't force me to do anything. At the RSC, you can always choose whether to go ahead with the service they recommended, or walk away if you think it's expensive. My bezel was indeed tarnished and they highlighted to me. As the bezel on the Yatchmaster has protruded numerals, they can't polish it as it will grind down the numerals. They can only refurbish it. I decided to go ahead because I love this watch and they are going to bring it back to pristine condition for me.
                      Wishlist :
                      AP Novelty RG
                      AP Lebron James
                      AP Schumi

Comment

Originally posted by Banker View Post
                        Just went to the RSC today to service my YG men's Yatchmaster. The sweet malay lady looked at it and said, "This is a sports model and the service package price is $890." Gulp!!!! Then it was sent to the valuer for an estimate to see if other parts need changing etc. 15 minutes later, I was called to the reception and was told that the total price is $1160!!! This is because, the bezel is tarnished and has to be refurbished. No choice, so agreed to it.

Yes, the price increase was in Feb this year and it will rise again next year.
                        And they throw in a 2y international warranty for your serviced Rolex.
                        2 yrs warrenty is a no brainer..I think nobody cares much about the extended warrenty anyway..

Problem is that alot of ppl are not willing to pay 20% of the total cost of a rolex 114270 purchased year 2005 etc for servicing..

Comment

Brothers, I was told earlier batch Rolex uses exclusive movt made for normal datejust models, guess what??
                          The producing factory that supplies movt to Rolex are from ETA.
                          Very few ppl knows abt this. I was told by a techican frd of mine. selected sports models are in hse movt.
                          If thats reali the case, is rolex still worth??

anybody can confirm??

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X