Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the Alpha-Numeric Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for input

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
    Technically NO.

The series number is engraved on the case back for laminar. Thus, you can change case and keep case back and you will have a new condition case without anyone knowing. But Pam cases are very expensive. For radiomir, then the series number is engraved on case. Not sure if they will issue a case with number or not if you change case.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

for selected few members nia.

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
      really

Now i know posting in SGROC can help free kopi
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

these days the younger generation keep most of the items with the watch intact. but the older folks, i still not sure

(which is not an issue since people nowadays no longer throw away box and paper upon purchase unlike my grandpa time).

kindly email with
        2. your nick

Comment

these days i think the new practice is that they date the card. but name they leave it blank. only sg forces customer to write down. overseas can why local cannot.

because when the watch is bought, the AD needs to fax a copy of the warranty card to head office. therefore there is a record. so even undated makes no difference. honestly, i have yet to come across a rolex with faulty mechanism. any warranty only covers movement or case leak etc. but wear and tear also not covered.

Which also means if anyone buys a rolex with Alpha-numerical series with undated warranty card, thinking you have bought a new watch and you can date anytime, then you may be wrong cos the moment the watch is brought to RSC, they can tell you it is already over warranty according to their data base.

Just my thinking so may or may not make sense or be true

kindly email with
          2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            these days the younger generation keep most of the items with the watch intact. but the older folks, i still not sure
            That also the reason that I envisage that in future full sets are aplenty. This could result in either of the following scenario...

1. No premier for full sets cos almost every set is a full set. Leading to No one wants to buy a no paper watch cos easy to find full set. No paper watches becomes very cheap.

Where 1% of people buy watch to keep in 1970, there are probably 40% of people doing that now.

A 5513 sold in 1970 has appreciated 1500% in 40 years, would a 116610 sold today appreciate the same 1500% by 2050? If it does, it would cost 150000 by then

Comment

these days i think the new practice is that they date the card. but name they leave it blank. only sg forces customer to write down. overseas can why local cannot.

because when the watch is bought, the AD needs to fax a copy of the warranty card to head office. therefore there is a record. so even undated makes no difference. honestly, i have yet to come across a rolex with faulty mechanism. any warranty only covers movement or case leak etc. but wear and tear also not covered.
              Exactly. Dated or not on The card makes no difference. The moment the watch is sold, rolex count down for you. That is the power of technology and computing.

Comment

in a way full set or at least the warranty card is important for alpha series.

if not dunno how to know age of watch.

in 2050 if this forum surviving and current surviving members will see how inflation increases the price.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

i think part of the reason for the appreciation % is due to the production quantity. over the years, production number increase exponentially. so the appreciation wont be that high.

A 5513 sold in 1970 has appreciated 1500% in 40 years, would a 116610 sold today appreciate the same 1500% by 2050? If it does, it would cost 150000 by then

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

im agree that full sets will be more common. however, with watches changing hands, the chances of complete set can start to diminish.

That also the reason that I envisage that in future full sets are aplenty. This could result in either of the following scenario...

1. No premier for full sets cos almost every set is a full set. Leading to No one wants to buy a no paper watch cos easy to find full set. No paper watches becomes very cheap.

Where 1% of people buy watch to keep in 1970, there are probably 40% of people doing that now.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

that is close to 40 years from now. i believe sg-roc will still be around.

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                      in 2050 if this forum surviving and current surviving members will see how inflation increases the price.

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

that is close to 40 years from now. i believe sg-roc will still be around.
                        Your children can run the forum.

Comment

With the new series, I believe losing the box n papers will be more costly.

At least I would prefer full set.

At 3% 8k watch will be 26k
                          At 6% 8k will be 82k.
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

so does that mean that teh LXXXX/1500 is tied to the case?
                            It's engraved on the caseback.
                            1 3 5
                            ├┼┼╕
                            2 4 6 R

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X