Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the Alpha-Numeric Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are many conspiracy theories out there.

it can be that they dont want ppl to know exactly how many pieces they producing a year. by mixing series with different number of numerals (6 for G, 7 for J)

it can be to eliminate people from speculating, first and last series.

with possibly 4 more alphabets to go, they can revamp the alpha numeric system so that they know how many pieces they are REALLY producing.

i have had discussion with some people, they believe that G and J series are classified under alphanumeric system. i tend to disagree.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Or I will just say "Time Will Tell" on what rolex is up to...
      Current:
      No More Liao...

Comment

I wonder if anyone here has a direct line to ROLEX? If yes, can call and ask, then post the answers here?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Got it! Thanks Keith!!
          1 3 5
          ├┼┼╕
          2 4 6 R

Comment

check this post. G series does not have 7 digit, it has only 6 digits after the alphabet. J series has 7 digits after the alphabet.

i dont agree with the theory of 1st alphanumeric happens to be a char rather than number.

rumours and conspiracy theories are that it is to mask production numbers or to prevent speculation when is first and last series. i dont know what is the thoughts.

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
            M123456 (M series), V123456 (V series)
            V1234567 or G1234567 (New alpha numeric series)

Just happent the random 1st char/num is a "V" or "G".
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

can the pam gurus advise if there is a case number for pam? pam also has series as well. this is by no means indicating that pam is not considered as a non high end watch.

Originally posted by daytona 6263 View Post
              Rolex watches are the only brand that I
              know of where the case date stuff is so important you don't get it with AP or Patek or any other high end brand.

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                Got it! Thanks Keith!!
                NP, what I share is what I read in US Rolex forum and is not correct

Originally posted by triton View Post
                check this post. G series does not have 7 digit, it has only 6 digits after the alphabet. J series has 7 digits after the alphabet.

i dont agree with the theory of 1st alphanumeric happens to be a char rather than number.

rumours and conspiracy theories are that it is to mask production numbers or to prevent speculation when is first and last series. i dont know what is the thoughts.
                Only after that post you made then I know there is a G123456 series, guess it must be the last Alpha.

As for case number or series of a watch is important or not it all depend on selling price. If a mint M series vs a mint V series(same selling price), which have more value ? If that anyone say no different, I bet my last dollar all will pick the V series.

AP pricing in used market also go by series - told by my "Shi Fu".

Comment

click here to see what other serial not used. i wont bet my last dollar that G is the last series

Only after that post you made then I know there is a G123456 series, guess it must be the last Alpha.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

click here to see what other serial not used. i wont bet my last dollar that G is the last series
                    Let's bet a cup of kopi C , 2 toats & 2 half boil eggs.

G is the last series.
                    On?

Comment

can the pam gurus advise if there is a case number for pam? pam also has series as well. this is by no means indicating that pam is not considered as a non high end watch.
                      Pams are less complicating, it goes by e.g. LXXXX/1500. L is 2009 manufacture and XXXXpcs out of 1500 for that particular year.
                      1 3 5
                      ├┼┼╕
                      2 4 6 R

Comment

aiya. dont need to bet, i also will blanjah you.

bet that G is not last series.

btw, when you free to lim kopi?

Let's bet a cup of kopi C , 2 toasts & 2 half boil eggs.

G is the last series.
                        On?

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

so does that mean that teh LXXXX/1500 is tied to the case?

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                          Pams are less complicating, it goes by e.g. LXXXX/1500. L is 2009 manufacture and XXXXpcs out of 1500 for that particular year.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

aiya. dont need to bet, i also will blanjah you.

bet that G is not last series.

btw, when you free to lim kopi?
                            really

Now i know posting in SGROC can help free kopi

Comment

so does that mean that teh LXXXX/1500 is tied to the case?
                              Technically NO.

The series number is engraved on the case back for laminar. Thus, you can change case and keep case back and you will have a new condition case without anyone knowing. But Pam cases are very expensive. For radiomir, then the series number is engraved on case. Not sure if they will issue a case with number or not if you change case.

Comment

Actually, for modern Rolex it is not critical to be identify which series. In the absence of knowledge of case series identification, people will just relie on date of purchases on warranty card to estimate year of sale and estimate year of production. That means warranty cards are more important nowadays (which is not an issue since people nowadays no longer throw away box and paper upon purchase unlike my grandpa time). Which also means if anyone buys a rolex with Alpha-numerical series with undated warranty card, thinking you have bought a new watch and you can date anytime, then you may be wrong cos the moment the watch is brought to RSC, they can tell you it is already over warranty according to their data base.

Just my thinking so may or may not make sense or be true

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X