Weird fittings on a Jubilee bracelet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird fittings on a Jubilee bracelet.

I bought a SS DJ with WG bezel 26mm ladies which comes with jubilee bracelet. When I wear the watch, the below part where the crasp is were not aligned to my hand, which cause 2 sides protruding a bit. I brought down to the AD where I bought, the sales personnel told me that the links were actually removed to the maximum, because I have a very skinny hand, and she suggest that I bring down to the service centre to break the links which are non-removable. And she told me that when the non-removable links were broke, the warranty for bracelet will also be voided. Is it wise to do that?

I notice that the unremovable links on the jubilee bracelet for the 26mm ladies DJ is 7 by 7? is that correct? Any jubilee bracelet owners can tell me how many unremovable links was on your jubilee bracelet?

I actually bought a 36mm and a 26mm.
    The 36mm DJ do not have this problem, because I notice that the 36mm 12o'clock is with 9 unremovable links, 6 o'clock is with 5 unremovable links, and it sits perfectly on the hand

The 26mm 12'oclock is with 7 unremovable links, 6'oclock is with 7 unremovable links. Is there a possibility that the links at the 6 o'clock area was actually for the 12 o'clock area and rolex install it wrongly by accident?

Here are some pictures of the 26mm SS DJ.

It's not likely that Rolex installed the links wrongly.

The thing is you cannot compare the men's and ladies size.

If your concern is the the clasp is not aligned to the centre of your arm...then it cannot be helped. No choice it has to be abit misaligned because your wrist is small.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

centre of arm or centre of wrist?

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      If your concern is the the clasp is not aligned to the centre of your arm...
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

we only know that it is not aligned properly. however abit hard to visualize. why not take a wrist shot from top and from side so that we can have a better perspective.

men's DJ and ladies DJ case size is different. the bracelet size also differs. do not remove the non-removable links unless absolutely necessary.

if you need to remove them, the first issue is that when you want to resell the watch, very hard as customers will prefer to have full length size bracelet. it is not that RSC void your warranty. warranty only covers manufacturing defects. wear and tear is not covered as in your case, removing the non-removable links are termed as wear and tear.

possible solutions,

1) get a spare bracelet from the market and cut it to size.

2) wear it on leather strap.

3) you can possibly purposely misalign the buckle to tilt one side since you mentioned that it is not align properly on your wrist which i got no idea what you trying to say.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          centre of arm or centre of wrist?
          Paiseh haven't eaten breakfast yet....hahaha time to get some brain food!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

theres no warranty in the first place with regards to the watch ...

I have broken my links at RSC just 1 week - 2 weeks back and they did not mention anything on warranty of bracelet... ur watch warranty is normally on the parts in the watch case i.e. movement and also the peripheral area around the case..

Correct me if i am wrong.

Also, i feel so much better after cutting the links and this is my take on the matter of having small wrists. No choice la. Dont think about selling now.. i feel that having a nice good expensive watch on the wrists is cool but being able to pull it off by wearing it properly and being aligned to the centre is equally important...
            Currently own:
            Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
            Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
            Blue Dial/Silver Markers
            Seiko SNZG15K1
            Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
            Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
            Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
            Omega Seamaster 2254.50
            Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)