BIG Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by louie View Post
    same here when i brought my GMT to JW,John the owner even recorded the movement numbers for me..help me with the picture taking.I watch closely how he open my GMT caseback from the begining till the end. He even tape the lugs before putting back the bracelet to prevent scratches. *This is one thing RSC will never do!
    infact RSC tell you that can polish out you KPKB for what?
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      infact RSC tell you that can polish out you KPKB for what?
      huhh?whats KPKB??ya sure,than they have an excuse to charge you polishing lor.

Comment

same here when i brought my GMT to JW,John the owner even recorded the movement numbers for me..help me with the picture taking.I watch closely how he open my GMT caseback from the begining till the end. He even tape the lugs before putting back the bracelet to prevent scratches. *This is one thing RSC will never do!
        for rolex there is no movement number...... so what number did he record...??

they dun charge for polishing.... it's part of the service package....... and they dun accept a polishing only job....
        Last edited by ohlins; 27-06-08, 12:22 AM.
        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by lseow View Post
          HI guys this is what i met with yesterday at RSC.

I went together with my seller yesterday to RSC to verify my watch but to my surprise after the verification i only get a receipt stating "servicing $75" instead of stating that the watch model begin send in for verification is genuine! then what is the whole purpose of me sending in the watch and not getting it specify on the paper?
          cant be helped cos they have been doing it this way.....

the receipt does indicate the model number and serial number..... and it's widely accepted as the paperwork for authetication.....

cos if there's any doubt with the watch, the receipt will not include model number and serial number....
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Tat makes very good sense and it also answers my qn earlier. I guess the fact that it was received/invoiced/processed should be reason enough that the timepiece is authentic.

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post

they dun charge for polishing.... it's part of the service package....... and they dun accept a polishing only job....
              yea,that's provided you send in the watch for overhaul service than polishing is free same as at Omega service centre. But Omega do provide polishing services.
              Last edited by louie; 27-06-08, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                I was surprised too..when John told me abt the movement numbers. It is individually numbered movement,not batch lot numbers.Just like the cases.There are eight digits of them for the movement,where as case has only six.

Comment

KPKB = kow peh kow bu (hokkien for complaining). And yes, later they charge you for polishing fee. Sometimes better to do yourself.
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

i still strongly think that RSC should be more detail in the invoice if i only want you to tell me in only words if this watch is real or fake then why should i pay $75 for that! nothing can be in compare to black and white on papers then to words!

more over i don't see any reason for them not to put everything in words while other watch maker can do that?

Comment

their reasoning is that you will then take the invoice and change the watch, only to resell and claim that the watch is real.

personally i think they want to provide more services (more money) to personal customers. ie. everytime got people want to check authenticity, they get to earn S$75

As for a detailed invoice, I manage to get one from them, detailing ALL parts that were changed/replaced along with change of serial numbers
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I guess the reason for such a "simple" or "less detail" invoice given by RSC is because the paperwork is only serve as an "instant" verification and the invoice is given to you because you have paid for their service.

Once the watch is out of RSC, they do not assure anything. So there is no point printing a very detail invoice for you. Again, as I said many many times before, this is a dark world, many kinds of people outside, so RSC is just covering their b**kside, who knows what will happen to the watch they certificated?

What if their invoice are so "detailed" and ppl start to get "lazy" to go RSC b4 buying their watches? Some ppl will just hold on to this "detailed" invoice and might do something to the watch and sell them... so if you happen to purchase the watch with the "so-called detailed" invoice, you might end up being rejected for servicing at RSC. If that's the case, who will be responsible? Some of you might say RSC anyhow check watch, some of you might say seller change parts, GOD knows....

In short, a "detailed" invoice is useless....

Originally posted by lseow View Post
                        i still strongly think that RSC should be more detail in the invoice if i only want you to tell me in only words if this watch is real or fake then why should i pay $75 for that! nothing can be in compare to black and white on papers then to words!

more over i don't see any reason for them not to put everything in words while other watch maker can do that?

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                          I guess the reason for such a "simple" or "less detail" invoice given by RSC is because the paperwork is only serve as an "instant" verification and the invoice is given to you because you have paid for their service.

Once the watch is out of RSC, they do not assure anything. So there is no point printing a very detail invoice for you. Again, as I said many many times before, this is a dark world, many kinds of people outside, so RSC is just covering their b**kside, who knows what will happen to the watch they certificated?

What if their invoice are so "detailed" and ppl start to get "lazy" to go RSC b4 buying their watches? Some ppl will just hold on to this "detailed" invoice and might do something to the watch and sell them... so if you happen to purchase the watch with the "so-called detailed" invoice, you might end up being rejected for servicing at RSC. If that's the case, who will be responsible? Some of you might say RSC anyhow check watch, some of you might say seller change parts, GOD knows....

In short, a "detailed" invoice is useless....
                          i beg to differ on your last statement. a detailed invoice is useful but ultimately, it's the buyer who must exercise due diligence to verify the authenticity of the watch.
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

i second to what bro feudallordcult said,how can a detail invoice useless..it will definetly give me piece of mind as a owner or buyer.

Comment

I was surprised too..when John told me abt the movement numbers. It is individually numbered movement,not batch lot numbers.Just like the cases.There are eight digits of them for the movement,where as case has only six.
                              that's interesting....

did he say where exactly the movement numbers were engraved on..??

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                                i beg to differ on your last statement. a detailed invoice is useful but ultimately, it's the buyer who must exercise due diligence to verify the authenticity of the watch.

i totally agree on your point. at least to me a detailed invoice is an assurance to me.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X