This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please don't approach me...!

to the gentleman who approached me at paragon medical centre in the middle of my work day today:

PLEASE DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

although i was at the lift lobby, i was still talking to a patient and his family.

IT IS VERY RUDE FOR YOU TO HAVE TAPPED ME ON THE shoulder to ask if i am "DOCTOR TAXI FROM WATCH FORUM" and if you "CAN HAVE A LOOK AT MY WATCH!"

i don't know you, and i won't make apologies for being dismissive as you were disrupting a private conversation.

even if i was alone and free, it is unlikely i will unbuckle and hand over a vintage rolex chrono to a complete stranger while standing up... so don't give me ugly looks.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

What's going on?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

thats pretty rude, to just approach someone randomly. some people dont have manners
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        thats pretty rude, to just approach someone randomly. some people dont have manners
        personally, I think it depends on the situation and kind of approach taken.

I have approached a few strangers and chatted with them on their watches on numerous occasions.

But of cos, its not when they are preoccupied with someone else (i.e. I am interrupting) and I never once suggest about taboos such as price, and saying that I want to have a closer look at it.

Usually, its just complimenting them, and having a chit chat to see if they are also into watches thats all. No mention of taking a closer look or wanting to handle their watches.
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

a bit too much.. If I were the patient's family, I would think that the doctor is very unprofessional..

Imagine he is disclosing some bad news to the patient..

Comment

know you are a doctor n see you talking to someone n approach u,,,,,,,, siao,,,

who is it in here? own up,,,,,,,,,, haha

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
              to the gentleman who approached me at paragon medical centre in the middle of my work day today:
              PLEASE DON'T DO IT AGAIN!
              although i was at the lift lobby, i was still talking to a patient and his family.
              IT IS VERY RUDE FOR YOU TO HAVE TAPPED ME ON THE shoulder to ask if i am "DOCTOR TAXI FROM WATCH FORUM" and if you "CAN HAVE A LOOK AT MY WATCH!"
              i don't know you, and i won't make apologies for being dismissive as you were disrupting a private conversation.
              even if i was alone and free, it is unlikely i will unbuckle and hand over a vintage rolex chrono to a complete stranger while standing up... so don't give me ugly looks.
              ELITE SPOTTED!.

Sorry, just trying to lighten things up but I think you must have been stunned by the complete stranger interrupting you and asking for your watch... and your patient must be wondering WTFish is going on???!
              If I were you, even if I was not doing anything, I wldn't go passing a vintage rolex chrono to a complete stranger!
              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
              three times is enemy action and
              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
              ."

Comment

Cant understand what this ppl is thinking...
                Current:
                No More Liao...

Comment

maybe, juz maybe.... if i am not talking to anyone,

i would try to find out more about this stranger, like get to know his nick/name,
                  let him introduce himself, then expose him in this forum.

but not to the extend to let him touch my watch.

there is a common saying like:
                  to defeat your enemy, you have to know them.

maybe, juz maybe i am wrong, juz me two cents.

Comment

Don't add oil into the bbq pit people.

I'm pretty sure that guy is already feeling apologetic, why add up to his misery? Maybe he was just trying to be friendly and did not notice doc was chatting with his patients, maybe his social group behave this way, maybe he's just not a high eq person. Doesn't mean we should all start to bash him up with words.

But den again, since he can call him a doctor means that guy must be a regular in this forum.

Comment

Qn is, how come he knows taxico is a doc and works at paragon? Was this piece of news posted in the forum?
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                        Qn is, how come he knows taxico is a doc and works at paragon? Was this piece of news posted in the forum?
                        I have exactly the same ??? in my mind as above bro...

How come he knows is you ah? Si beh li hai leh....

Comment

firstly, it isn't me i think the fella must have been over excited to see your lovely watch.

i think i would have been excited but i don't think i'd interrupt a conversation. i'd just stare very hard to see what your watch was and if it interests me. although i have complimented afew individuals when i see an exquisite piece (not when they are busy i think those people i complimented are probably members of 'purists' hahaha)

just curious (and i hope it isn't rude to ask this), but what field is doctor taxi in? just wondering because my fiancée is going to do maxillofacial reconstructive surgery at the end of the year.
                          fallraen
                          "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

I think it is best if taxico can share more with us than all of us guessing around. It may or may not be someone here, unless taxico only surfs in this forum, and/or uses diff nicks in other forums. Otherwise, it may be another forum member. And definitely, this person must know taxico personally to try and talk to him. It was probably a friendly gesture that had gone wrong, and not some acts of mischief.

Can taxico share more?
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

yeah...i curious to know how come the stranger will know the TS....and i wonder wad rare piece of rolex is that too?Paul newman daytona?
                              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X