Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Submariner - Date or No Date

Hi Everyone,

I have been contemplating getting a brand new Rolex Submariner for weeks. This would br my first Rolex...Yay! Mainly between the 1460M (No Date) and the 16610 (with Date). I like both watches, looks and function-wise so juat to help me decide, let me know which you would rather get and why?
    Also, does anyone know which would have better resale value over the years? Not that I would like to sell it since I would be wearing it everyday but I would like it to retain its value. Let me know? Thanks

An additional function in a watch is an additional cost. You buy high; sell high. So it boils down to which one you prefer. It is not too difficult since both watches are almost similar, except for a date function.

My choice will be the 16610.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

for me, 16610 and nvr regret since..

Comment

of cos 16610

Comment

If it's your first Rolex and you are going to wear daily then of course buy the one with date
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Current:
            No More Liao...

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions and thoughts...it definitely helped me decide on my next purchase....now I can't wait for the upcoming long wkend to go watch shopping.....
              One more question, would you buy from a certain AD because the salesperson left a good impression (eg. was patient and put in lots of effort to explain) or just from the most competitive priced AD if the price difference was just $100 or so?
              I was thinking of gettin it from the nice salesperson even though its about a $100 more so as to help "acknowledge" good service...give me your 2 cents worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Rolax View Post
                Hey guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions and thoughts...it definitely helped me decide on my next purchase....now I can't wait for the upcoming long wkend to go watch shopping.....
                One more question, would you buy from a certain AD because the salesperson left a good impression (eg. was patient and put in lots of effort to explain) or just from the most competitive priced AD if the price difference was just $100 or so?
                I was thinking of gettin it from the nice salesperson even though its about a $100 more so as to help "acknowledge" good service...give me your 2 cents worth?
                why don't you speak to the nice salesperson and ask if they can match the price? personally i wouldn't mind paying abit more for service, i think it helps also if you require after sales service, but then that might just be me.
                Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

u want who to earn is your choice.

however as i always mentioned before, if you are intending to buy more than just a piece of rolex eg. JLC, IWC, PP, etc, i would suggest building up a r/s with a local AD. why? because not all PI can bring in the models of watches for one reason or another. also after sales service is something you can look for.

however, if it is just a one-off purchase, then head for PI.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I will go for the 16610 too. Slightly bigger dial, and has a cyclop
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

maybe lookout of brother selling in rolex garage to get a preowned set or bnib set.
                      personally will go for 16610 or 16610 LV

Comment

so have you decided what you gonna get? I have PMed you on my recommendation of a local AD.

Comment

Were wondering if there's the new model with no date one to come along....

Comment

Unlikely becos there would be very little demand for a SubC No Date.

Who would pay a premium for a no date watch? I sure as hell wouldnt.

Comment

Agreed.

I wonder how they gonna market sub w/no date 14060M and the new ceramic sub coming along.And how the both the prices will be.
                              How is the differences?
                              Interesting sub.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X