Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss DAYTONA black dial!

Comment

Well said about Daytona needs to pay a premium for it.

4 years ago my friend tired of the queue, bought a SS Daytona black dial from a AD that cost him $16k with a premium, however, he made me wow many times.

3 weeks ago, I paid almost the same price for a 4 years old ss Daytona black dial, but only get to enjoy it 4 years later .... All because I wish that the price of it will slide...

For those who want to wait... you really have to wait long long... may be years later ROLEX will be dirt cheap... But I am quite sure that will not happen, you likely to miss the pleasure and fun of owning a Daytona

So wait no more if you can affort...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
        Well said about Daytona needs to pay a premium for it.

4 years ago my friend tired of the queue, bought a SS Daytona black dial from a AD that cost him $16k with a premium, however, he made me wow many times.

3 weeks ago, I paid almost the same price for a 4 years old ss Daytona black dial, but only get to enjoy it 4 years later .... All because I wish that the price of it will slide...

For those who want to wait... you really have to wait long long... may be years later ROLEX will be dirt cheap... But I am quite sure that will not happen, you likely to miss the pleasure and fun of owning a Daytona

So wait no more if you can affort...
        Well said bro! Some watches like the Daytona will hardly depreciate. On the contrary, prices may even move up for pre-owned especially when good old Rolex decides to discontinue or make major revamps (ala DSSD)!

Whatever the case is, I am glad you are enjoying your new toy! Wear it in good health!
        Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Hi Bro, are you eyeing on the TT Daytona?

SS Daytona Black Dial,
          SS SD,
          SS YM,
          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Hi Bro, are you eyeing on the TT Daytona?
            Definitely in one of my "beo" list! But too many on the list too! And not to mention limited funds! Need to prioritize...
            Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

I am looking for tt black dial, like paul newman dail type.
              see my luck

SS Daytona Black Dial,
              SS SD,
              SS YM,
              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

I choose YM

I like the daytona more but brought the a pair of SS YM; Man size & ladies size for our 10 years wedding annversary last year. Reason because this is the only sport series that i that have ladies size.

Like the feel of it on my hand, very different from my previous datejust.

Is 17.8k for the pair a reasonable price?

Comment

17.5k seem to be ok.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

I would pick a Daytona over a YM. They unmistakably stands out to be a chronograph from Rolex and they certainly look expensive.

I am really enjoying this site and the responses from everyone.

May I ask if anybody knows how much a very good condition Daytona from 1992 with complete box and paper is worth. It's a SS black dial. Is the watch too old to keep. Will there be service issues down the road?

Many thanks for your responses.

Comment

1992 Daytona SS is zenith movt, is cheaper than In-house movt may be by about 2k.

Servicing of watches is no problem whether by SRC or other watch repair shops. For parts wise, SRC will be able to find it for you, others I am not so sure. If your watch comes with rare dail, then it is more difficult to get a replacement, such as those from the Tiffiny.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                      SS SD,
                      SS YM,
                      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

I think In-house movt is cheaper than 1992 Daytona SS is zenith movt by about 2K... Zenith movt is selling about $19-20k now....

1992 Daytona SS is zenith movt, is cheaper than In-house movt may be by about 2k.

Comment

If you refer back to some sale threads. Zenith movt is selling cheaper cause In-house movt is better with it movt enhanced to 44 j compare to the earlier.

Bro, seriously, I don't mind if you willing to sell your In-house movt cheaper to me .

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...