Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to wind my watch regularly?

Hi everyone.

I have a rolex and i wear it occasionally. Question is that after some time if I do not wear it, its stops moving and requires winding.

Do I have to wind it often to prevent it from stopping or I can just leave it until I leave it until the next time I want to wear it to wind it? Any differences if I just leave it or wind it often?

Thanks for all help!

Yours is a manual or auto?

I heard auto models, e.g. sub, sd, daytona, etc are not advised to wind it often...reason? I don't know... hee hee

Originally posted by jeff_vaio View Post
    Hi everyone.

I have a rolex and i wear it occasionally. Question is that after some time if I do not wear it, its stops moving and requires winding.

Do I have to wind it often to prevent it from stopping or I can just leave it until I leave it until the next time I want to wear it to wind it? Any differences if I just leave it or wind it often?

Thanks for all help!

Comment

I take your second option
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

really depend on your watch. for my 6694, never wind = stop, on the other hand if my dj ok, just make sure i dont lapse one day without wearing.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

mines a sub lv.

sometimes its like i wear it on monday.. then friday want to wear that time its stops already. power reserve for full winding is how long ar? 3 days?

so advisable to wind it often?

Comment

If you take it out on Wednesday to wear for a few hrs, all is good. Alternatively you can wind it on Wed nite and it will keep ticking until Friday As for wearing the crown due to winding, I highly doubt it, and the wear would be negliable.
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I also believe the power reserve is about 72hrs = 3days Or was it abit less than 72hrs.......... whatever it is, doesnt matter
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I don't think you should wind your sub LV often... it is design for self-winding...
                mines a sub lv.

sometimes its like i wear it on monday.. then friday want to wear that time its stops already. power reserve for full winding is how long ar? 3 days?

so advisable to wind it often?

Comment

The power reserve is averagely 42 hours. I don't wind my watches (Automatic ones). I just pop them in the watch winder to wound it up again...a bit ley chay but save time and headache.
                  Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116520 M
                  Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 M
                  Rolex GMT-Master I 16700 U
                  Rolex Explorer II 16570 Z
                  Rolex Air-King 114200 M
                  Omega SeaMaster
                  Tag Heuer 6000 series, 90's Swatch watches, Seikos and Russian watches

Comment

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all help!
                    unless u wear it daily, its bound to stop after a day or two hiatus. U don't have to wind it daily but should just leave it as it is and wind it when u are going to wear it since u would have to set it to the correct time. Or if u prefer to skip the hassle, then probably u should consider getting urself a watch winder.
                    HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                    REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
                      unless u wear it daily, its bound to stop after a day or two hiatus. U don't have to wind it daily but should just leave it as it is and wind it when u are going to wear it since u would have to set it to the correct time. Or if u prefer to skip the hassle, then probably u should consider getting urself a watch winder.
                      x2....

** pls correct me if i'm wrong.... if my memory serves me right, the submariner shares the same movement as my yachtmaster, the caliber 3135 movement, therefore setting the date shld be a breeze.... so if u dun have a watchwinder..... then just leave it in yr drawer and wind it and set the date when u wanna wear it.... i dun think doing that wl wear the movement out to the max within our lifetime....
                      Rolex GMT Master 1675 16750 16760 16700
                      Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
                      Submariner 16610LV 16613
                      Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

Aiyah....very simple 1 la. There is no need to wind regularly. When you need to wear just jump start it...but shaking it can already hehe...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i will leave it and only wind it when I wana wear it again..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                          - GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            I also believe the power reserve is about 72hrs = 3days Or was it abit less than 72hrs.......... whatever it is, doesnt matter
                            72 hours is for the Daytona movement (4130). I believe it has double barrel hence the extended power reserve. The other movements have about 40 to 44 hours.
                            Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X