No announcement yet.

Ladies Rolex vs Omega vs Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heh Jim, I'm in the exact situation as you. Getting a watch for my wife and for pass down to my daughter, and at the same time 6-7K purse string. I was torn between cartier and rollie initially and after reading much comments here, I have the answer..... Get the Rollie!

Comment

Originally posted by clean View Post
      heh Jim, I'm in the exact situation as you. Getting a watch for my wife and for pass down to my daughter, and at the same time 6-7K purse string. I was torn between cartier and rollie initially and after reading much comments here, I have the answer..... Get the Rollie!

One of those that I "converted" have spoken

Tested and proven

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

Tested and proven
        They have been assimilated.

Comment

I am also looking out for a Rollie for my wife...

Since we are on this topic, any advise on prices for preowned Ladies Rolex S/S either with or without date...? No diamonds please...just plain Ladies Rollie in S/S.

I don't have a big budget but thought that I would pamper her a little by getting her a Rollie (but I can only afford preowned one )

Thanks in advance...
          [U] [/U]

[COLOR="Blue"]4000ft = 1220m[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr153/meyersound/moi-SD.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            Thanks you all! Really helpful to hear your perspectives. I am now convinced that I should buy a Rolex. All these posts on second hand Rolexes, any of you have actually bought it that way? With regards to authenticating at Rolex Center, has the world of fake watches reached a stage that even the Authenticator cant tell the difference??!!
            My Rolexes are all pre-owned. Get them verify at RSC with a very small token sum to ease your mind. Service and maintenance for Rolex is a piece of cake by RSC.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
            SS SD,
            SS YM,
            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by meyersound View Post
              I am also looking out for a Rollie for my wife...

Since we are on this topic, any advise on prices for preowned Ladies Rolex S/S either with or without date...? No diamonds please...just plain Ladies Rollie in S/S.

I don't have a big budget but thought that I would pamper her a little by getting her a Rollie (but I can only afford preowned one )

Thanks in advance...
              No worries...All my Rolexes are preowned also. Haha..

Anyway...I advise you get the SS Datejust. Or the TT Datejust. It's the same price though

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i bought one for my wife mid of this year

she doesn't like bling bling thing
                as she don't like to attract attention
                so no diamonds

then i brought her along
                she straight pick one

smooth bezel, black indexes dial, oyster bracelet
                ss 26mm lady dj
                it's a very basic rolex lady watch

she is now very happy wearing it
                cos it's from her hubby

Comment

Hmmmzz

haha this reminds me of my ex-colleague, he and his wife went the other direction, they bought a Patek for every kid once they hit 21 ! He has got 3 kids and the last one just hit 21 .

Well for me , won't be headed that way, I'm expecting my first kid in a couple of months and my wife is hoping for us to have 2 kids. So what I did was, buy an Exp I in case it is a girl and also bought an Exp II in case it is a guy . The best bit is, in the meantime, I get to wear both of them!!!! yeahhhH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by theOrion View Post
                    haha this reminds me of my ex-colleague, he and his wife went the other direction, they bought a Patek for every kid once they hit 21 ! He has got 3 kids and the last one just hit 21 .

Well for me , won't be headed that way, I'm expecting my first kid in a couple of months and my wife is hoping for us to have 2 kids. So what I did was, buy an Exp I in case it is a girl and also bought an Exp II in case it is a guy . The best bit is, in the meantime, I get to wear both of them!!!! yeahhhH!!!!

My wish is to hand down the watches I have right now (and in the future) to my offspring...

Comment

Buy Rolex with diamond your wifey will love it lah. Coz its from you!
                      6694 & 116520 for now...

Comment

Originally posted by derrick1973 View Post
                        Buy Rolex with diamond your wifey will love it lah. Coz its from you!
                        Allow me to rephrase:

"Buy Rolex with diamond your wifey will love it lah. Coz its ... THE DIAMONDS AND NOT (from you!)"
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          Allow me to rephrase:

"Buy Rolex with diamond your wifey will love it lah. Coz its ... THE DIAMONDS AND NOT (from you!)"
                          Haha... i'm afraid not lah
                          6694 & 116520 for now...

Comment

Originally posted by clean View Post
                            Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

Tested and proven
                            Darkie is the "dark force" that poison many... ha ha

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

the choice is pretty obvious.

Rolex.

For the various reasons:
                              1. Higher brand equity. (cult status, i dont think there is any brands that have come this close maybe except patek)
                              2. Better resale value. (not as if you will sell it off in the future but it always good to know that the price is ever increasing and still highly ought after)
                              Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                              Tag Heuer Formula 1
                              Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                              Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                              Rolex GMT II 16710
                              Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Wah! So many views on the topic

To me, just buy the watch which your wife prefers. Don't need to consider about passing the watch to your daughter. Gen-Y kids, these days don't appreciate these sort of things...

I had the same dilemma a while ago... choosing to get my wife a good bag or a Tag Heuer Link (with diamonds)... so I asked and she chose the bag... this saved me a few grands

Cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X