No announcement yet.

Ladies Rolex vs Omega vs Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to Hour Glass Lucky P today. TT DJ ladies going for $8k. Anyone know anywhere I can get a better deal?

Comment

u got try watch palace?

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      Went to Hour Glass Lucky P today. TT DJ ladies going for $8k. Anyone know anywhere I can get a better deal?
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Short & sharp answer,

Rolex = Forever...

Comment

Hi Jim

I have bought many watches in the past, Omega, Tag, Longine and Rolex. Now I only collect Rolex as the value of investment hold, Rolex's build quality is much better than other watches. I bought the lady DJ for both my wife and mother, they both love it very much...

I came to an conclusion that other brands are waste of money.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
          SS SD,
          SS YM,
          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
            Hi Jim

I have bought many watches in the past, Omega, Tag, Longine and Rolex. Now I only collect Rolex as the value of investment hold, Rolex's build quality is much better than other watches. I bought the lady DJ for both my wife and mother, they both love it very much...

Better late than never man

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

What your wife likes, ask her since she is the one wearing it

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                Hi Jim

I tend to be facing this dilemma now...
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

What does Rolex being a good investment mean?

Thanks again. Will check out Watch Palace!

Here is something that I have been wondering since I started getting interested in purchasing a Rolex. Many of you have said that it is a good investment. I then started looking into your website on people selling second hand watches and realise that watches are being sold at a lower price eg I will have to pay 8k for a TT DJ ladies and I can get a ladies TT with diamonds at 4-5k. So, how is it a good investment? It appears to have depreciated rather than appreciated. Really appreciate your knowledge on this. Thx

Comment

ok. there are some possible reasons.

1) remember that rolex up their prices about twice a year. so say now i pay 8k, but 4 years down the road, u sell it for 6k but a brand new piece (same model) will cost about 10k....

2) ladies models compared to sports models has a lower demand, with lower demand, hence do not command that high resale value. but if u compare a ladies rolex, ladies omega and ladies tag resale value, the rolex will have a better resale value compared to omega and tag.

Many of you have said that it is a good investment. I then started looking into your website on people selling second hand watches and realise that watches are being sold at a lower price eg I will have to pay 8k for a TT DJ ladies and I can get a ladies TT with diamonds at 4-5k. So, how is it a good investment? It appears to have depreciated rather than appreciated. Really appreciate your knowledge on this. Thx
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

You should really check with yr wifey what she prefers. If u r prepared to lose the diamonds, u can actually get a brand new Rolex ladies SS DJ (better bracelet with the newer series) for your budget, something like this or with a jubilee bracelet instead ...

OK just read the very helpful thread. Thanks. You seem like an expert from the post! Any suggestion on what to get for 6-7K for a ladies second hand rolex?
                      Last edited by sys12345; 16-06-08, 11:39 PM.
                      sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

The answer is pretty clear by now.. ROLEX!! NOt because its a Rolex forum but in your situation.

For me, I got for my kid an IWC due to personal preference and love for the watch I bought. I am thinking of the same, to get a Rolex for my wife when I get her a first expensive watch. which can then be passed on to my daughter.. Although I know that she loves Chopard, bcos of the diamonds, pink etc.. I don't think I will let that affect my decision though. ahhah

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                        - GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Am targeting one that one of the female forumer here bought..
                          http://sg-roc.com/attachment.php?att...3&d=1206644702
                          Think its abt <9k for a brand new pc..

If budget allows, I will probably go for that with a MOP dial.. that would probably be higher by 1k?

Jim,
                          It all voice down to what you are comfortable with... for me, my heirloom has to be brand new but I have two pre-owned Rolex for my own use... so set your own "guidelines" before taking the plunge.. remember.. buying it on impluse will only bring you regret more often than not... Take your time to think it thru and do some research (i.e. leg work to hop between ADs after ADs!!! )

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                          - GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Thanks again. Will check out Watch Palace!

Here is something that I have been wondering since I started getting interested in purchasing a Rolex. Many of you have said that it is a good investment. I then started looking into your website on people selling second hand watches and realise that watches are being sold at a lower price eg I will have to pay 8k for a TT DJ ladies and I can get a ladies TT with diamonds at 4-5k. So, how is it a good investment? It appears to have depreciated rather than appreciated. Really appreciate your knowledge on this. Thx
                            Investment...why it is good,because you do not lose as much as other brands. AND after 10 years you can recover cost...that's usually the case but not every watch is like this la. IF you are even luckier...you can earn money but that hard la.

The other watches 10 years later worth 10% or prob less of what you paid.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                              Am targeting one that one of the female forumer here bought..
                              http://sg-roc.com/attachment.php?att...3&d=1206644702
                              Think its abt <9k for a brand new pc..

If budget allows, I will probably go for that with a MOP dial.. that would probably be higher by 1k?

Jim,
                              It all voice down to what you are comfortable with... for me, my heirloom has to be brand new but I have two pre-owned Rolex for my own use... so set your own "guidelines" before taking the plunge.. remember.. buying it on impluse will only bring you regret more often than not... Take your time to think it thru and do some research (i.e. leg work to hop between ADs after ADs!!! )
                              MOP + diamond ard 13k b4 discount.

I think about 11k for MOP and diamond.

Comment

Hi all, thanks much for the fabulous advice that I keep getting. I now understand why Rolex is a better investment but not necessary an easy to make money investment. The comment on a second hand for heirloom is also very true. thanks again all

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X